Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Californication Season 4

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Crown Royal, Jan 2, 2011.

1. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Undoubtably this show has the funniest and quickest dialogue on TV. I think we can all accept the fact that Karen is a complete pill, and I simply do not see why Hank is so infatuated with her when he can plough whatever he wants. I'm sure also than Runkle and Sewer Mouth will get back together and get divorced again too.

Mia, I hope you get wrapped in barbed wire, thrown into a salt water tank and have sharks gnaw your legs into stumps. The most insufferable character in the history of television (but if you want to can see her die horribly just for fun, watch the sadistic and cruel horror movie The Collector).

I was hoping the show would end with Hank coldly dumping Karen and dating "Surfer Girl" instead. What was the deal with the chick, anyway? Was she some kind of spiritual guide for him to stay in Cali or something?

2. Guy Fawkes

Guy Fawkes
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

All I know is that Surfer Girl was hot as fuck. It should be a requirement that she's topless in every episode.

Looking forward to having something interesting on TV after weeks of shit.

3. Guy Fawkes

Guy Fawkes
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Writers have really stepped it up this season. Just finished the first two episodes. I'm very impressed and entertained.

4. Dread

Dread
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Only if Karen goes with her.

5. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Next to Hank, Lew was my favourite character ever on the show. It was nice to see Billy Talent from Hard Core Logo given such a meaty role to play with, and he nailed it. His death was such a cop-out, though.

6. Hogie

Hogie
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

Speaking of CKR, I saw him at Whole Foods tonight... he looked like a clean, angry hobo.

7. Dread

Dread
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Agreed. Ashby's death was lame and added nothing to the season. Hank should have finished the book, Lew should have faded away to deal with his lady and that should have been that.

8. Vanilla

Vanilla
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Hopefully this Addison Timlin who plays Sasha Bingham does some more, and better stuff after she's done with Californication.
    Cuz those are some great tits.

9. botox

botox
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

Watched enjoyed the first two episodes last night and the only problem I have is waiting until the 24th for the next episode.
    I must agree that Hank's new fling is quite the package and she has had fairly witty dialogue. I am also looking forward to seeing Lady Lawyer's tits. Marcy is pregnant and with Charlie on the cusp of returning to his former agency it looks like a reconciliation. It's a shame, too; Sue Collini was fantastic.

10. Guy Fawkes

Guy Fawkes
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Fuck if I knew it was going to take that long I'd have held off as long as possible watching episode 2 instead of back-to-backing it like a fucking GLUTTON.

Oh well. Californication is one of those rare shows that I'll watch episodes twice.

11. botox

botox
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

Very true. I had to go back and watch the last three episodes of season three because I had forgotten so many details. Although it is probably related to my ongoing brain cell genocide, they were enjoyable and so much of it was like new material. I had one question about the end of the second leaked episode that I forgot to post earlier -
    Who was Runkle fucking around the time Hank was typing that letter? His character is doing very well with women lately; nearly a fifth of the women (according to his tally) he has had sex with have been in the last two episodes.

12. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Great start to the season, can't wait to see where it goes. The best line has to be, "You smell like you just walked out of a fisting contest."

Oh, and that actress who played Sasha Bingham? Hot as hell.

13. JWags

JWags
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yeah, she was a welcome surprise after I was expecting more of Mia's muppet face and Hank's daughter, Wednesday Addams. Couple that with some rocking tits that wasted no time in being exposed, hooray. The actress is real young, like 19, and got her start in Annie. Needless to say, the google image search has her looking REAL different than in the episode. But damn, she is sexy. I chuckled to myself thinking of Duchovny, at 50 years old, rolling around naked in bed with some chick probably not far away in age from his own kids.

14. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

How cool is it to open the season with Check my Brain?

I see Karen is still a six foot pill. Knock me over with a feather with that one..

The new girl? Jesus. She is pure sugar. Me-fucking-OW. Thoughts....impure thoughts......

Not a bad opening, Carla Guginringadingdongwhatever still looks great and still knows how to play a brassy, bitchy brunette to perfection. Sasha is WAY too hot to be playing Mia, though. They should make her wear a Cabbage Patch Kid Halloween mask during filming.

15. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Atleast the nice tits factor will be consistent

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. example

example
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

Agreed wholeheartedly. The music choices the (writers or director?) has made throughout the series have been fucking phenomenal. Warren Zevon and the Rolling Stones. I liked that Sympathy For the Devil was playing when Sasha opened the door for Hank barely dressed.

17. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Another show that has expertise in that way is Entourage. Nothing topped the furious German director storming down the hall to Du Hast. Priceless.

Keep me in your Heat for a While was Zevon's last ever recorded song, fitting for that downtrodden scene with what I am guessing was Lew's ghost. Ashby was my favourite character on this show, the version of Hank that never quite escaped himself. It was STILL a cop-out death, and you all know it.

18. shauncorleone

shauncorleone
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Just caught that Duchovny directed episode 2. Apparently he's directed at least 3 eps. Who knew?
    "You can't say things like that... It makes it hard to clink thearly." Fucking priceless. I love the quick dialogue in this show.

19. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

You know a show is awesome when Zakk Wylde appears on it.

More great dialogue, I love Carla Gugino's character more with every line she fires out. Of course her and Hank will eventually knock boots, but she has a great role this season and I hope she's in it for at least to whole 12 episodes.

I am awaiting the impending doom of Mia re-appearing. This show's one fault is its stupid coincidences, so you know Karen is going to walk in on Hank and Bitchface at some point the season.

What woman on earth would want to fuck Runkle? I like the guy, but he looks like a saggy pink bowling pin. Let's not have to see any more of that shit again.

Rob Lowe was so weird I didn't know whether to laugh or not. He said some hilarious shit, though. Maybe his character will arc.

20. example

example
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

"Weed, whiskey, and Warren Zevon." was a pretty good line along with the rest of the discourse between Hank and Ashby. When Ashby had the brief stint with Karen he has some really well written and believable monologues about life.

The only reason my hollywood bullshit detector doesn't go off with this one is he starts pulling the "I'm a powerful talent agent" and she sees his BMW. I mean it's LA, there must be a few girls desperate for fame enough to sleep with ol' baldo