Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

But Seriously...

Discussion in 'Permanent Threads' started by Juice, Jun 19, 2015.

1. dixiebandit69

dixiebandit69
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yeah, sure, just like the Republicans were NEVER going to overturn Roe v. Wade.

Wait, what? They did that? Well certainly they're not going to ban all abortions, they just want to protect the lives of...

What, they're actively trying to ban and criminalize all abortions?

Well, at least you can use birth control, it's not like they're crafting legislation to make THAT illegal.

What do you mean some Red states are crafting legislation to ban both control?!

Well look, that's just about babies and birth control.
    They wouldn't dream of taking away other rights... Right?

Make no mistake, the Left likes to ban shit too, they just like to ban other things.
    And make NO mistake, there are many people who want to see ALL guns banned.

Let's say Joe Biden waves his magic presidential wand, and all "assault rifles " go away.

Next, they will start focusing on handguns, which actually cause the majority of deaths.
    So abracadabra, no more handguns.

But then some overly medicated kid shoots up a food court with a pump action shotgun or a deer rifle.
    I can hear it now: "The only purpose of long rifles is to kill! We need them off of our streets!"

Where does it end?

They're trying to fix the symptom, not the cause, all while trying to grab more power.

2. GcDiaz

GcDiaz
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

He will ban and confiscate as many guns as Obama did when his party controlled all of Congress. None.

3. Fiveslide

Fiveslide
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Absolutely. The slipperiest of slopes is the one we're on. The one where all these kids grow up, having lived thru a time school shootings were becoming more common. You think they'll hesitate to take guns from our geriatric asses when they're old enough to vote in, or be voted for, the majority leaders in this country... assuming the country makes it that much longer.

I won't allow a government agency to confiscate that which I bought legally and haven't used in a crime. Fuck the gubment. I'll put them in oil filled bags, in a watertight container, bury them somewhere and pour a concrete slab over them. But I'd much rather it just be harder for myself and everyone else to buy new ones from now on, because that will actually reduce these shootings.

4. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

my boat sank yesterday when the creek rose. Feel bad for you.

5. downndirty

downndirty
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/fastats/child-health.htm

Because the issue with child deaths by gun is the math.

The issue driving this is random violence. It's not drug killings or suicides or even inter-familial violence. It's random. We have a word for that, I think, random violence meant to induce fear or terror. RIGHT! TERRORISM. The folks who walk into a place and shoot it the fuck up are terrorists, I can't see much difference between them and a suicide bomber. Now, who wants to have their legal, Constitutionally-protected right associated with fucking terrorism?

That's what's coming. Bans on the weaponry are too little, too late...there are millions of these guns out there. Banning them makes no sense, when they are already in circulation.

I've yet to see a law that could realistically be implemented, and ffs any law that "just bury it in the backyard" could defeat won't address the issue. The culture of violence that gives some of these people a sense that shooting children in a mall is political speech? Oh, that right there is a ripe target for the American security apparatus, and long the fuck overdue if you ask me.

6. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

If we (gun owners) are completely honest with ourselves, there are some glaring gaps in the process to acquire a gun when compared state-to-state. I get the fact that they don't want to even bother discussing it because the gun control advocates generally don't know what the hell they're talking about, but the best the best way forward is to take control of the narrative and at least permit some modest changes, if for nothing else than interstate consistency.

I'm not willing to sacrifice my children because some redneck in down South doesn't want to wait 14 days for his permit to go shoot at beer bottles.

7. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

When seconds count, the police your guns are minutes a day of jackhammering away

8. Fiveslide

Fiveslide
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm just talking about the ones they want to confiscate first, the scary black ones. Hopefully I get to keep my shotguns, revolvers and lever action cowboy guns... even though some of those are more powerful than a .223 chambered scary gun. That's where they're going to stop, right, the black ones?

9. AFHokie

AFHokie
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

You know what? As a gun owner I'm completely ok with individuals needing to have the mental capacity to pass a basic "not a window licker test" before they allowed to purchase or have any other access to a firearm.

10. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Republicans would get their hopes up thinking you want to put a ban on black gun owners.

11. Malignity

Malignity
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

I'm British so find some American attitudes towards guns funny but I just saw a quote on Facebook that made me laugh "Americans get offended about the second amendment being amended....but the second amendment was an amendment....'

12. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

13. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

“Hear from both sides”. Part of the reason things are so screwed up is because America keeps letting these chickenshit losers control the narrative.

14. kuhjäger

kuhjäger
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

One of these days someone is going to fill one of these guys open carrying an AR-15 in public because of ”muh rights” with lead out of fear the guy with the rifle is about to open fire (particularly if they are carring it like this mensa reject, and not slung on their back) and nothing of value will be lost.

15. gamecocks

gamecocks
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I believe that's the long con.

16. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Big contention in the gun community about these tards. Usually the same assholes that sit outside police stations filming cops hoping to provoke them into an incident for YouTube views. “Auditors.” Think walking around with an AR at low ready will normalize the gun in the public’s eye. It is just a matter of time, if it already hasn’t happened already, that one of them gets smoked by another citizen carrying thinking a mass shooting was about to happen.

17. Fiveslide

Fiveslide
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'll own up to it, I kept one tucked in my couch, in my younger, much dumber days. I did drugs and associated with people that made me think I might need it one day. But, I lived alone and the only time a child came to my home, a girlfriend's nephew, I put it in a proper place.

That guy fired it again when he picked it up. That pistol either has a seriously, dangerously, light trigger pull, or he is fully stupid.

18. NatCH

NatCH
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Maybe it's both.

Or, maybe it's like grill tongs. Can't pick it up without a little pop-pop.

19. gamecocks

gamecocks
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Oh look at the man taking checking items for effectiveness lightly. If you don't click them then there is no way of knowing they work.

20. NatCH

NatCH
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Did you just assume my gender, but not the gender of the grill tongs?