Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

But Seriously...

Discussion in 'Permanent Threads' started by Juice, Jun 19, 2015.

1. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

All three are countries with with awful, horrible people in charge of them. Israel may be too busy to bomb Iran, they’re constantly occupied with setting their OWN country on fire.

….well, very specific parts (and people) of their country.

2. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Yeah it’s gonna be an ugly period. Without the US military keeping its hand on the scale, all 3 want regional supremacy.

3. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Yeah, Israel could turn every other country into a Middle East into a debris field if they actually felt like it.

Even if every other country teamed up to fight them as one, they’d still be no match for Israel.

4. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Draconian politics aside, their missile shield tech is amazing.

5. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The Israelis fly the F-15 and F-15E, while the Iranians fly the F-14. This may be the first time two of the US-made teen-series fighters go head to head. But more realistically, the Israelis have 36 F-35I fighters in service, and they'll just use those to wipe the field.

6. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

Alex Murdaugh convicted of murder plus some extra weapons charges (possession of a weapon during the commission of a violent crime X2). Min sentence for murder is 30 years, sentencing tomorrow. If they run consecutively, then he's looking at a min of at least 65 years I believe incl. the weapons stuff. He's currently 54.

My wife and I are of the thinking that someone like that suicides themself. They are used to all of the freedom. A freedom we cannot ever imagine, with the police in their back pocket and being accustomed to just "making things go away." He'll spend like a month behind bars and realize he's done with all that shit.

7. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

I watched both docuseries on HBO and Netflix. It’s pretty clear that he’s a sociopath. I hope it felt good to be convicted in the same courtroom where his grandfather’s portrait hangs.

8. gamecocks

gamecocks
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

He was going away for life on the financial crimes alone. Him being found guilty on this is the rest of the good ole boy network throwing a bone to the regular people to make everyone think some empire was broken up. He was low on the totem pole real power wise.

9. SouthernIdiot

SouthernIdiot
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

10. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

So back to Elon Musk being a reactive twat:
    1. Mouths off to a (former?) employee who has muscular dystrophy, mocking him for not being productive and basically saying he was fired for being useless
    2. Is informed (likely by someone in Twitter's finance department) that said employee is the founder of a company Twitter acquired who structured the acquisition to pay out in salary. Firing him would cause the rest of the nine-figure acquisition cost to come due immediately.
    3. Musk backpedals at record speed.

11. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

the employee's response is one for the ages though

(link to reddit thread with images of it because I don't understand the internets well enough to link to the twitter thread)

12. SouthernIdiot

SouthernIdiot
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I was just reading that response. Is this what the kids call getting dragged?
    Twitter thread

13. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

he ain't dragging shit with his muscular dystrophy

14. jdoogie

jdoogie
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I dunno. Take him out of his wheelchair and I bet most of his body is dragging along for the 30 seconds he's physically able to crawl along...

15. GTE

GTE
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Finally back in town and our body clocks are a little wonky due to the time zones so the wifey and I grabbed a late dinner last night. We sit down at the corner of the bar and order our food. Little bit later a man sits down 90* to my right (at the corner if that makes sense) He looks a little bit sauced, hair is disheveled, beard is a little scraggly. I'm sure you can picture what he probably looks like. He asks me how's it going. I say Ok and keep looking forward and eating my food. I can see him out of the corner of my eye staring at me.
    "You don't remember me, do you?"
    "Ummm... no"
    "Our sons played soccer together"
    The Wifey - "Oh! You're Mike's dad"

Granted, it has been 5-6 years but I really didn't remember him because he looked like a different person. The guy I remember from soccer was well put together, groomed, drove a decent car, not flashy but appearing to be doing ok. Again, you could probably picture what he looked like. From his drunken rambling, it sounded like he was laid off, divorced from his wife of 5 kids and lost his oldest child to cancer. Not sure about the order though. I've thought a lot about him since last night. Tragic to see how fast life can change for the worse.

16. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Video of the Russian fighter jet colliding with a US drone:

17. dixiebandit69

dixiebandit69
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Huh, for some reason I thought that happened at night.
    So what's Russia going to say now?

So far, they're saying that it crashed on its own.

18. Fiveslide

Fiveslide
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I like the US's explanation. "The dude meant to dump fuel on it, a common method for communicating disapproval. But the Russians suck at flying, so he hit it." I'm paraphrasing a bit, but that's the jist of it.

19. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

3 children and 2 adults killed in a Christian elementary school in Nashville, Tennessee. I for one can't believe how taking God out of schools in these Soros-funded DA jurisdictions has led to a blue state crime wave.

20. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Did they get the drag queen who did it?