Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

But Seriously...

Discussion in 'Permanent Threads' started by Juice, Jun 19, 2015.

1. Dcc001

Dcc001
    Expand Collapse
    New Bitch On Top

Awesome to hear that you're liking it. As for Darryl's tone, I've noticed that he appears to be - as much as possible - unbiased towards sides, but very pro or con ideas. Which means that he won't colour his opinions of the Arabs or the Jews in a particular way, but he will colour his thoughts on the political systems. I mean, it's hard not to have some opinion and bias bubble through.

If you want his back story, check out his first solo visit on the Jocko Podcast. It's amazing to me that he isn't dead or in jail, given his upbringing. I don't even want to think what his IQ likely tests at, because it was through the raw power of his intellect that he overcame his trauma to become successful.

EDIT:
    Also, in that same Jocko Podcast, he talks about the trauma of the abuse having a lingering affect on how he processes information and stress to this day. Again, that likely comes through in his tone at times, too.

2. Trickysista

Trickysista
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Yeah, I completely understand that. A quick google search of him brought me down a reddit hole where people were calling him a Qanon nut job and an alt-right elitist. The reference to Billy Madison just threw me though. I mean, who HASN'T seen that movie??

I definitely plan on listening to the Jocko podcast with him to learn more. Thanks again for the recommendation! It's exactly what I was looking for to learn more about this conflict.

3. Dcc001

Dcc001
    Expand Collapse
    New Bitch On Top

I chatted with him on Twitter once, when his personal politics came up. He said he tries not to discuss his own opinions too much because "they would peel the paint of the walls of Vlad the Impaler," so comments like that could likely bring out the crazies. He has a whole series with Jocko called "The Unravelling," where they go into the history of some of the modern wars, including Jocko's personal experience. My thoughts on Jocko are that if the dude was a nutbag he wouldn't do an interview, never mind a series, with him.

4. Fiveslide

Fiveslide
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/andrew...onference-watch-live-stream-today-2021-05-18/

DA says deputies justified in the killing of Andrew Brown Jr. I wonder how this one is going to play out with regards to inevitable protesting and possible unrest. Body cam footage has not been released to the public, but family and attorneys say it was a murder. IF people start protesting and those protests grow into something more volatile, it would be because of the words of a grieving family and statements from lawyers.

5. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Sounds like another DA who doesn’t like throwing his drinking buddies in jail. When you won’t release bodycam footage, you’re hiding something. Merrick Garland needs to set these fuckheads straight before more cities burn because of their stupidity.

6. Fiveslide

Fiveslide
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I think they are releasing it, after the SBI investigation. But I doubt people are going to wait for that investigation's end to be mad. It probably wouldn't matter what the footage shows, some people will protest anyway.

7. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Shit will be laid at the DA’s feet. You don’t get to withhold the video and at the same time tell everyone to shut up and stop acting questions. Obviously he’s hiding something.

8. jdoogie

jdoogie
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

When even your own lawyer is calling you and your 'friends' retarded...
    E1rZ89QWQAI5e4B.png

9. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

10. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

“These aren’t bad people.” Yeah, try harder. If they weren’t regarded, they were most certainly bad. And deserve to be where they are now.

11. Dcc001

Dcc001
    Expand Collapse
    New Bitch On Top

I disagree with this, and it speaks to the mob rule that's happening right now. If the DA suspects there will be a trial and investigations, he's well within his right to keep certain information confidential for fear of prejudicing the jury pool. Also, you know, touching off random riots of the public decides they don't like what they see.

Perhaps what's required is a clear legislative framework about exactly when and where evidence of this kind is released to the public (assuming there isn't one already).

One of three things has happened:

1. The camera footage shows the cop at fault, and the DA would like to keep that controlled so he can build his case and hold onto the evidence until discovery.
    2. The camera footage shows the cop was justified, in which case they'd probably like to avoid the mass riots/protests that could happen by showing that a person of colour was at fault
    3. It's inconclusive, and both sides will protest and riot.

It's lose/lose/lose. The mob doesn't get to dictate to the Crown or the DA what they will and won't do; it defeats the entire purpose of an unbiased fair trial. For either side.

12. Dcc001

Dcc001
    Expand Collapse
    New Bitch On Top

Uh, this would maybe make me switch lawyers.

Although I do agree completely with his point.

13. downndirty

downndirty
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

In tonight's news, white people who attempted to overthrow the government find that "stupid" isn't a viable legal defense, nor can they claim to be a victim of "propaganda" from a former US President, and that the government is part of the legal system that doesn't exactly favor the insane, stupid or guilty. Also in tonight's news: "water, just how wet can it get?"

This "defense" falls under the tactic of "blame EVERYTHING on Trump, because they won't prosecute him for anything". Watch everyone in hot water from Giuliani to Gates to Gaetz use the same tactic between now and 2024, or until Trump gets convicted of and punished for literally anything.

Also, to DCC's point, the DA could not release the footage because it makes finding jurors easier? In any case, I doubt NC will be wracked with protests the way Missouri or Maryland was.

14. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Ma'am, we got our independence the real way, we didn't just politely ask England to relax our curfew. Here in America it's "the State" not "the Crown."

15. Dcc001

Dcc001
    Expand Collapse
    New Bitch On Top

Ah, Americans are so cute, thinking the conversation is only ever about them. I said, "The Crown and the DA," because I was referring to both countries in my statement.

16. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

I agree with your previous point. These cases have been so polluted by the media and organized groups on either side (police unions, protests, etc.) that it makes sense to withhold the evidence until after a fair trial, or at least until after a case is fully settled.

17. GcDiaz

GcDiaz
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

First off, why are these deputy dawgs descending upon this neighborhood, in broad daylight, in full tacticool gear like they're assaulting a kingpin's compound? And who taught them it was OK to open up on a fleeing vehicle in the middle of a neighborhood? I would love to know how many rounds ended up hitting that house in the background.

Second of all, if you are the drug dealer in question and this store brand Delta Farce runs up on your car and surrounds you with rifles out, what in the holy fuck are you hoping to accomplish by driving away? They already have an excuse to shoot you, nevemind they know where you lay your head down. The game is lost, go do your time and try again after.
    https://twitter.com/disclosetv/status/1394682478066114564

18. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

To play devil’s advocate, it does look like that car went toward deputies before it turned in an attempt to get away. Further, there are some instances where it’s okay to shoot a fleeing suspect.

admittedly, I don’t know much more about the case than the linked video and what you just said. And I agree that at least those officers using pistols likely put some rounds into that house (I doubt any of the rifle rounds were off target). However, those two things are relevant to consider.

#12218 Revengeofthenerds, May 19, 2021
    Last edited: May 19, 2021
  19. Chase!

Chase!
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I'm not trying to brag but I just needed to vent. I had some jackass tell me once again that it is illegal for me to ask if he was vaccinated. I told him that he was misinformed. He said "What do you know, you're just the maintenance guy, If you were smart, you'd have a job like mine" I am the building engineer for a DOD facility that requires a TS clearance for most of it's workers. He is a GS 7, which tops out at around 50k. I'm contracted out by the DOD to run this facility and I clear six figures. People like that really piss me off.

20. AFHokie

AFHokie
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

They're firing while under duress, unsupported. I'd be shocked if more than a few rifle rounds didn't end up wildly off target. And thats before factoring ricochets.

They're trained, but they ain't Delta Force