Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

But Seriously...

Discussion in 'Permanent Threads' started by Juice, Jun 19, 2015.

1. trojanstf

trojanstf
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

The Breonna Taylor case I think is also interesting as far as criminal charges. From my understanding there was a no knock warrant executed on her home and her boyfriend, who was a licensed gun owner, shot at the cops and then they returned fire killing Breonna. It’s disputed over whether the cops announced themselves when coming in, Walker (boyfriend) says they didn’t, cops say they did. Also no drugs were found at the scene which was the justification for the warrant - that an ex of Taylor’s was using her house to store or move drugs.

People are now pushing for the officers who shot Taylor to be charged but I see this as more of a dispute of leadership and the way the warrants are executed. I’m assuming that when the cops were getting ready to execute the warrant they were told that it’s a drug den and people are likely to be armed so when they come in and start getting shot at what are they supposed to do? Just seems like the people who put them in that situation are the ones who should be blamed and raging consequences. I don’t know all the procedures and there are potentially things they did wrong (I don’t know what the requirements are for announcing they’re there and such) but that one seems like more of a failure of leadership rather than the cops on the ground.

2. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Not only did they not find drugs there, the people they were looking for were already in custody. That's an enormous fuck-up on the part of the police/DA's office. But I believe the warrant allowed them to search the entire house because they had credible (and correct) intelligence that it was a drug den. Aside from that, yeah, the guy inside shot first. Whether or not he thought they were police officers is almost irrelevant. He could have just as easily opened fire on a civilian. Odds are, he probably thought someone coming through his door was drug-related and got trigger-happy. The cops could have executed the search warrant and everyone could have walked away. He got his girlfriend killed.

This is why lumping all these incidents of cops shooting black people together becomes murky very quickly. The devil is in the details.

3. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

A kilo of coke being flushed is not worth the no knock bullshit. Just another gangly appendage of the war on drugs.

4. trojanstf

trojanstf
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

How do you blame him though? If you’re going to have a gun for self defense I’m pretty sure someone breaking down your door in the middle of the night is the time you’re supposed to use it.

I haven’t seen much as far as whether the home was or wasn’t being used for drugs but they did drop the initial charges against him of attempted murder of a police officer. I would assume that if they had any way to keep him in jail they would at this point.

5. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

He defended his home against armed who witnesses say were in plain clothes and did not identify themselves as police whatsoever. He could not be more in the right to shoot them if he tried. The fact he spent even one night in jail is fucking retarded.

To me it sounds more like that botched invasion in Houston where the cops were probably hoping for a big cash score but killed the wrong targets instead.

6. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

I agree with you, but it sounds like he was already in communication with the cops when it happened. I dont know, the details of that exact moment are very important.

7. PIMPTRESS

PIMPTRESS
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The “War on Drugs” needs to fucking end. Decriminalize it, make it a social services issue, just stop imprisoning people over it already. Definitely stop no knock raids over it.

8. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Well the whole raid could have been avoided if the the department was competently run, vis-a-vis knowing the guy was already in custody.

9. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

And for anybody who thinks that police unions have a valid reason to exist.... fuck you.

FBEC1D2A-4027-4B9D-A244-3EED79CA533C.png

10. dixiebandit69

dixiebandit69
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I have a feeling that if the war on drugs was ended, a lot of the "need" for law enforcement would vanish overnight.

11. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

It’s what keeps a lot of that precious money flowing in. And employs a lot of unnecessary people.

12. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I went back to catch up on the parts of the thread I've missed and oh my...

Wow, that Kampf Trinker from an alternate reality sounds like the worst racist ever.

I'll stay out of trying to have any kind of serious race discussion with you, because come on, but don't try to use me as a boogeyman to excuse the deranged shit you keep posting. All I said to you was that living in constant fear under the assumption every white person is out to get you doesn't make a whole lot of sense. If you got to this point because of some trauma you experienced, then I am sorry to hear that, but I have precious little to do with whatever that trauma was. Your irrational fears are your own, you don't get to blame it on me, or use me as an example of why you see the world this way.

Btw, my username comes from a band I was in with some German friends in high school. Funnily enough, the way you phrased it there sounds a lot more like how it's used in my username than a certain book written by everybody's favorite mass murderer. You basically called me your drinking buddy. Touched as I am by the brief moment of camaraderie in your evil lord Kampf Trinker rant, I'll go ahead and assume that was an accident.

13. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Portugal did this and the societal breakdown predicted by alarmists has yet to materialize. Infectious disease transmission from addicts who use needles is way down. There was no massive spike in people getting hooked on hard drugs just because it's decriminalized now. Ending the war on drugs seems like an overdue no brainer to me. It's pretty hard for people with a serious drug problem to get back on their feet. Adding a job killing criminal record to the mix must make it nearly impossible. Can't earn a living wage, depressed as hell from withdrawals, turn to crime as an alternative, and oh look, they're back in prison again. You'd think with sky rocket recidivism rates and a cycle that has repeated itself millions of times this might be a lesson taken more seriously by now, but nope. Land of the free, and home of the world's highest prison population per capita. Dictator led nations locking up all the opposition ain't got shit on us, at least by the raw numbers.

14. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Paramount network cancelled COPS today after over 30 years. I used to love that fucking show, but I kinda get now why it could be problematic.

15. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Live PD is amazing. Blows COPS out of the water and I have to think that has something to do with it.

16. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The few episodes of live pd I’ve seen show the cops being quite reasonable and often times forgiving of minor stuff. Although that could be because of the cameras. I used to enjoy watching cops because of the brutality they exhibited upon white trash. Specifically my hometown of palm beach.

17. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

I don’t. It was mostly cops arresting shirtless meth addicts not kneeling on the necks of black people. Another silly overreaction. It’s only problematic for retards.

18. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

The NYPD union Chief is whining about how he wants them to stop “treating us like animals and thugs!”

Well, stop deserving to be treated this way. There’s only about five dozen videos from the past week of your cops acting like utterly degenerate sadists. Lie in the fucking bed you make.

19. Dcc001

Dcc001
    Expand Collapse
    New Bitch On Top

Did anyone see the article talking about how on May 31 Chicago SHATTERED their record for murders? 24 killings amongst 85 shootings in a single 24-hour period. They’re attributing it to reduced police presence because the cops were at the riots and protests.

In particular, it’s five neighborhoods (according to the article). If an area the size of southeast Calgary saw twenty four separate murders in a single day, they’d lock the entire province down. What the fuck. Like yes the police need to be restructured and stuff that isn’t their responsibility (mental heath, drug addicts) taken off their plates, but holy shit. What do you do in a city that kills two dozen random people a day, with no rhyme or reason?

20. Frebis

Frebis
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It’s not random. It’s gang and drug related.