Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

But Seriously...

Discussion in 'Permanent Threads' started by Juice, Jun 19, 2015.

1. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

I tell ya: Nothing takes the edge off like hitting people with tungsten-alloyed steel poles while they’re holding onto a bicycle.

2. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Well, I'm sure there were looters somewhere in the area.

3. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Just to add, every single officer on the NYPD is violating the Right To Know act, so I guess pissing on the law is a lot easier than upholding it.

They are not hiding their identities for any other reason than to get away with whatever they want. You don’t get to break the law just because YOU’RE the ones who are scared for the first time.

4. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yes, I have. Guess from who? Asians, when I was living overseas. Probably in a much more threatening environment than you have ever experienced. Amazing, isn't it? Somehow I don't base my view of billions of people entirely on isolated incidents.

And why do you keep acting like you know this, or that about people's life experiences when you clearly don't? I'm sorry, I really, really don't get the mindset where you assume you know what has happened to someone throughout their life based on their skin color. How do you not realize how absurd that is?

This is where I'll bow out of this discussion. You're just throwing tantrums and running wild with interpretations that make no sense. You're attacking everyone while at the same time trying to play the victim.

You remember those black people who kidnapped a white person and cut up his face on a live feed? Somehow I get through life without constantly fearing every black person is going to do that to me just because a black person did it to a white person somewhere at some point in time. You either get this, or you don't. Clearly, you don't.

5. Jimmy James

Jimmy James
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I've never called you a racist. I do, however, think Kampf Trinker is a racist because he seems to think that just because it is statistically unlikely for me to be murdered by racist police, I'm freaking out over nothing and racist policing is just something I should accept. He either ignores or is too fucking dumb to understand that racists hate all minorities, not just Asians. He appears to think that it's okay that there is a 1% chance of me being killed because I was reaching for my registration and insurance. He conveniently ignores how that percentage goes up significantly for black or brown people. Maybe that doesn't occur to him because he's a fucking sociopath. I wouldn't know, because I'm not a huge piece of shit.

What I do know is that people who aren't fucking dipshits that make unconscionably fucking stupid statements like that get smeared with the same shitty paintbrush. It's unfortunate, but it's true. And considering that people like him don't give a flying shit what minorities say, it's up to good and decent white people to say shit like that isn't acceptable.

Now imagine for a moment that Mein Kampf Trinker was the chief of police in whatever shitkicking meth trailer of a town he lives in. Imagine the type of damage he could do with that much power. Hell, you don't even have to imagine it. You can go on Twitter right now and see video. Do you honestly believe that if every minority in Florida called him a Nazi, that anything would change? Maybe more rubber bullets, tear gas as military surplus tanks roll down Main St.

Now imagine people like him are mayors, or in government, all the way up to President of the United States. People like him will see to it that people like me are sentenced disproportionately to people like you if we were to commit the same crime. People like you will be taken into custody without incident after you've opened fire in a historically black church. In fact, they'll even buy you lunch. Burger King, but still.

That power imbalance is the difference between racism that comes from white people and racism that comes from minorities. And to be clear I am only talking about racism in the United States and have been only talking about racism in the United States.

When I said that white people being racist was a fact of life, that wasn't a personal attack at you or any other white person specifically. It's was an indictment of the type of American white people who gave infected smallpox blankets to Native Americans as gifts, massacred Chinese miners, and lynched 14 year old black children named Emmett Till. The shit that those white people did can't be forgotten when minorities have interactions with white people in general.

Keeping in mind the long shitty history of American white people's treatment of people of color, is it racist or common sense for parents of minority (black especially) children to teach their kids that in order for them to be safe, they should act a certain way around white people? Especially since white people are typically in positions of authority.

Based on some of the responses to my posts, some of you think that's racial profiling and that's wild to me.

6. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

You DID say that you considered all whites to be racists. I am white. How is that not calling me a racist?

Listen... I get that it's an emotional and volatile subject.

I agree with a lot of what you're saying... there are HUGE issues with police brutality, and a shit-ton of other things.

I would suggest that you stick with pointing out what needs to be done, or what people can do to help, and NOT make any snap judgments or statements about how people IN HERE are not doing anything or are racists.

By all means, relate your personal experiences to us. Share it with us. EDUCATE us.

But do NOT make bullshit statements like "all whites are racists", or anything else like that. (Unless, of course, you have info or details to back up those statements, then go nuts).

That is all I ask.

I pay some bills every month to keep this place going... and I welcome any and all to join us. EXCEPT for those that come into the house and start throwing shit at other people that are here.

Expect to be questioned and challenged on things, and not to have us just hear "racism" and bow our heads in compliance like it's some magical word.

7. SouthernIdiot

SouthernIdiot
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Every bit of data I can find says that Asians have less to fear from the police than everyone else. If you can find me a database that says otherwise, I'll understand why you live in fear of the police. Until then, I think you're overly paranoid about that particular subject.
    https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-019-02601-9

8. kindalas

kindalas
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Way to miss the entire point he was trying to make about how racist people are indiscriminate about who they target.

9. AbsentMindedProf

AbsentMindedProf
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I kind of agree with the statement that all white people are racist. Neal Brennan (co-creator of Chapelle show) explained it better than I can on instagram. Basically racism is so ingrained in our society it takes conscious effort to overcoming our subconscious bias. It doesn’t mean your a bad person, it’s just human instinct to identify differences and be wary. Hope the link below works because I think it’s worth watching.

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CBBzw8MjvB_/?igshid=1hopbx30quovq

10. Jimmy James

Jimmy James
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

So as soon as the 8 pm curfew hit in New York, the cops immediately began beating the shit out of protesters.

https://twitter.com/jangelooff/status/1268698743014072321

No other reason than a curfew violation. Throw in a few assault and batteries with a topping of resisting arrest, you've got yourself a constitutional violation sundae.

11. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Yep... there is a ton of video hitting the Net that is NOT good for those cops. As much as there are probably way more peaceful and amicable protesting going on around the world, the ones that are going viral are incredibly damning.

Just saw one where an old guy gets pushed back, goes stiff on his back, blood oozing out of his head... and the cop that did it starts to do the human thing of "oh my God what happened are you OK" while bending down, and the asshole beside him basically pulls him up and says "leave him be, keep going".

Fucking despicable.

12. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

This whole thing is like a dream come true for them. They get to beat the fuck out of people with impunity for protesting the very behavior the cops are exhibiting. You don’t normally get to bash someone across the torso with a knight stick during a traffic stop, so might as well just get it all in now.

13. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

I don’t don’t know how Bill de Blasio stays in office after the last 6 months. He has to be the worst Mayor of NYC in decades.

14. downndirty

downndirty
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

....have you seen Rudy Giuliani on tv lately? Every time he opens his mouth, the bar gets lowered.

How long before you have police officers doxxed, and these protesters start showing up at their homes? How long before they are refused service at places? Does "the internet never forgets" start to apply to these assholes?

I dunno about you guys, but...well, fuck these people.

15. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

I have, but he also hasn’t been the Mayor in nearly 20 years.

Some of the circumstances of cops roughing up protestors in clips Ive seen circulating are fairly justified. Some are down-right brutality.

16. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

The only way this makes sense if the definition of racism changes; and it seems that has only broadened, not evolved. If that’s the point that is trying to be made, you can’t fit good people who are open to supporting changes to societal biases under the same label as Archie Bunker. It dilutes the entire concept, cheapens the impact and does nothing to help form the coalition for change that’s being demanded. Not everyone is willing to self-flagellate for sins of past generations, but I am sure most are willing to help make things better.

17. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

He was trying to hand them their FUCKING HELMET BACK. They are subhuman zoo animals.

I hope those two cops enjoy the new form of justice heading their way. They've been suspended WITHOUT pay (a miracle!) and one of them had their personal info doxxed on twitter for about four million people to read.

That’s the norm now, so they did it to themselves. Oh, well. I at least hope that old man will remember his grandkids if he wakes up.

#10197 Crown Royal, Jun 5, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2020
  18. PIMPTRESS

PIMPTRESS
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

My friend shared this video on Facebook and one bootlicker kept arguing that the old man “shouldn’t have been there” and “what was he thinking reaching for his phone?” It’s appalling to me that people are so comfortable seeing anyone brutalized by someone in uniform.

19. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

My own dad who has done nothing but disappoint me the last few years on the political front has been saying stupid shit like this. But my dad has always wanted to be a cop but for some reason was never able to get in to the academy. So he’s always compensated for that by having weird frontier justice fantasies and dumb opinions about the justice system.
    So I started calling him out in the dumb things he’s been saying about all of the protests. My sister and her husband have been doing the same. My mom to a certain degree has been calling him out as well. Maybe it’s 70 year old man will decide to grow up at some point.

20. GTE

GTE
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Anyone else seeing this turn from a Black Lives Matter event to an anti-cop event?

I'm not sure how I see this ending if the police continue to escalate violence which in turn pisses people off and more people protest.