Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

But Seriously...

Discussion in 'Permanent Threads' started by Juice, Jun 19, 2015.

1. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Can anyone find live feeds from the local stations there? Only LA and Minneapolis are on youtube.

2. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

CNN is doing some really good reporting tonight. They were just showing live in front of the white house, it looks like absolute chaos. Their reporters are in the absolute thick of things in DC, NYC, MIN, etc. I get not wanting the mainstream media to focus on this stuff, but it's important to see how it isn't protesting anymore, it's just people being flat fucking lunatics. People who give peaceful protesters a bad name. They also mention, seemingly nonstop during the daylight hours, that during the daytime there are people protesting who are yelling at the ones causing violence, trying to self-police the group.

I made a joke with my wife earlier that I'm not so sure is a joke anymore: good way to tell the difference between a rioter and a protester? One runs from the police, the other is protected by them.

3. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

DC:

I've been keeping this santa monica one in the background for a while too. Absolute shit ton of looting and I know it's gonna get worse come the night:

4. Popped Cherries

Popped Cherries
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

This guy has a 6-9 split screen going for most of the night of people live streaming from various places.
    https://www.twitch.tv/woke

5. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Ring wing twitter is already deeply invested in the idea that the riots were a coordinated attack on the United States by antifa, and George Soros has been funding it. We're pretty much fucked as a society.

6. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Well the rich white kids that were rioting in Boston last night we’re certainly waving the Antifa banner. There is also evidence that Antifa protests historically have been at least loosely coordinated even if they don’t have an actual organization structure, funding or leadership.

And as far as the “protests”, people (in general), criticizing conservatives for showing up their own protests with guns and looking super scary can shut the fuck up going forward.

7. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I don't think you're appreciating the depth of their conspiracy. They think Soros was spotted at the Minneapolis airport ahead of the riots and was therefore hand delivering money to antifa. As if a billionaire had never heard of ACH or even just having an old school bagman.

8. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Bitch, ACH? Soros wires that money overnight. Who’s got time for 3-5 days when you gotta bash the fash?

The billionaire funding concept doesn’t even make sense. Where is that funding going? What’s the money for? People are showing up in hoodies and baseball bats. How much funding is needed?

4CE3BD13-B167-4ABD-A758-F1B85775DCB3.jpeg

9. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The umbrella man white supremacy cop theory is my new left conspiracy fave. I’ve seen my trump hating friends go all Plandemic on it on Facebook.

10. downndirty

downndirty
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

twqwYiB.jpg

For context, the WH facade lights are historically turned off in the event of the President's death.

For my money, that's the most powerful image of 2020.

11. Fiveslide

Fiveslide
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Appeared? Appeared to be on fire? A man... appeared to be on fire?

The media will pass off speculation as fact in many situations, but stating whether a man was actually in flames or not, they won't do.

Most of the time the media pisses me off. You can usually find more information and context that they chose not to publish for their own reasons. Then they do something like this, I chuckle, it reminds me to look beyond their headlines and find the facts, which are usually a few clicks and few extra minutes of video away from the MSM story.

To the man who may or may not have been on fire, get well soon, my friend.

12. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

that’s the look of a police horse that just got a firework tossed under it

13. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Or the horse that got scared to death by the gunfire in Animal House.

14. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

“Allegedly” is the most annoying word in the English language.

15. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

At least it was there to keep the protestors under control.

16. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

[​IMG]

17. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

the country needs leadership right now and the fucker turned off his lights.

18. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It was like the Halloween trick. If you turn off the lights, the trick-or-treaters won't come to the door.

19. GTE

GTE
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

In a moment of levity, there was a reporter gal who said this: "We see a man carrying a cheesecake after the Cheesecake Factory was looted. Unsure of where the cheesecake came from."
    Just made me laugh and I think that's pretty needed right now.

How are your own city's doing? We had some small scale riots the last few nights. Garbage fire and few stores broken into. Freeway had protesters blocking traffic for a bit. Highway Patrol ushered them off the freeway at the same exact I take everyday on my way home. That was kind of a mind fuck seeing that.

20. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Houston seems to be okay. Art Acevedo is pretty well liked around here and has been making his presence known and being very supportive of the protestors. He also isn’t using tear gas, bean bags or rubber bullets on people so shit isn’t escalating the way it is in NYC. In Austin, some of the assholes hi-jacking the protest lit a homeless man’s things on fire.