Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

But Seriously...

Discussion in 'Permanent Threads' started by Juice, Jun 19, 2015.

1. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

In Chicago someone just put a wick in a gas station pump. You aren't protesting at that point, you're being an asshole.

2. Evolution

Evolution
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

LA is a bit of a shitshow right now. Located a couple miles from the fairfax riot. There are people claiming that the police opened fire with rubber bullets and teargas for no reason- not the case. There is news footage of people throwing bottles and pipes at the cops from behind dumpsters that they are using as cover. If they don’t get this all closed up by night people are probably going to die.

I’m thinking these riots all over the US are not going to do much to stem the spread of coronavirus.

3. trojanstf

trojanstf
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

they just instituted a curfew at 8:30 pm for all of LA county tonight.

4. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

covid-19 might stem the spread of the riots though. Can't riot if you got the 'rona right? Anyone else find these "I can't breathe" signs a bit funny in twisted kinda way? Man isn't struggling for breath like the first sign of covid!

5. Jimmy James

Jimmy James
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Guys, there is video of a black man being nonchalantly murdered by a cop with a history of brutality. Why are you all talking about looters? Like really?

There is literal video of not only this piece of shit ex-cop murdering a black man, but of pieces of shit cops around the country doing everything from arresting members of the press, to pepper spraying and pushing through protesters with their vehicles. They are still doing this kind of shit because they either don't care about the people they are supposed to be serving, or they know there won't be any real consequences.

State-sponsored murder of minorities doesn't really tickle my funny bone like yours, I guess.

6. Evolution

Evolution
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

8:00 PM curfew for most cities within LA county now. Some of the signs people have are ridiculous- “abolish the police“? And then what?

The shitty thing is that if people do stop rioting because they get the rona and can’t breathe, it won’t be until after they’ve spread it to a ton of people who had nothing to do with any of this- and that not everyone out is a bad actor. Meanwhile, we can see and smell smoke from outside.

7. Evolution

Evolution
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

What happened to him is a horrifying crime, and change must happen. I don’t think that looting local businesses 2,000 miles away and endangering the lives of cops and firefighters is the right way to make it happen. The demonstrations are absolutely justified. Setting fires and assaulting people is not. My two cents...

8. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

Exactly. You get people out there protesting for a very just cause, and then some assholes take the opportunity to literally make the world burn. People breaking into the gucci store on rodeo drive -- does that have anything to do with police brutality? Even in a remote way?

These assholes are putting a nasty face on what could, and in my opinion SHOULD, be widespread peaceful protests. And they're gonna make the COVID situation a thousand times worse. They're gonna get innocent people sick and killed just because assholes can't stop being assholes.

Is this about police brutality?:

No, it's about pieces of shit being pieces of shit.

9. Jimmy James

Jimmy James
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

10. Evolution

Evolution
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Not totally buying that argument, given that I’ve seen people on Twitter giving stories in LA that directly contradict what I’ve watched happen live on the news. I.e people stating that the cops randomly started tear gassing people behind dumpsters in the street while peacefully protesting. Reality was that we could watch them wheeling the dumpsters up as moving cover from rubber bullets, using them to approach the wall of police while throwing bottles and rocks.

11. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse
    Alone in the dark, drooling on himself

The fucking desert. I hate the fucking desert.
    The cops were dicks, pure and simple.I don't think anyone would argue that point.

Is the looting, burning, and destruction helping matters in any way at all?

Maybe that's why we're talking about it? Because they're God Damn idiots making a bad situation worse by being assholes for no other reason then being assholes.

Then again, maybe stealing a TV or brand name shoes is somehow paying respect to a dead person. Hell, light a building on fire in their memory while you're at it.

12. sisterkathlouise

sisterkathlouise
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

ftfy

Calling them dicks is such blatantly minimizing language.

13. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

14. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

15. Zach

Zach
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

16. downndirty

downndirty
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Welp, between the video of the cops shooting at someone in their own home and Rambo's last stand, that in a nutshell is why gun ownership is such a thing. Not saying it's an intelligent thing, or that it would have helped either situation, but....Jesus.

I would lose my absolute MIND if I saw cops rolling down my neighborhood like that. It's fucking unthinkable.

Also...I can imagine some pretty dire consequences for cops as a result of being "outed". If the Karen who called the cops on the black guy gets fired, I would imagine cops that become poster children for police brutality will have a hard time ahead in terms of being ostracized. Or putting it simply, "I hope cops like the taste of piss and spit, because if they come to MY restaurant, that's what their food will contain".

17. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Don’t worry, gun control laws are in place.

Does anyone know if these reports that the cop and Floyd both worked as bouncers/security at the same club are true?

18. PIMPTRESS

PIMPTRESS
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Thank you, Killer Mike.

19. walt

walt
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I have real mixed emotions about that video.

On one hand, I have two guys I grew up with, one a State Trooper and another a city cop. Both were in the front lines of this bullshit in a city about 2 hrs from here. They’re good guys, and I know they’re out there trying to do their job and go home safely. Curfew and strict enforcement helps facilitate that.

On the other hand, firing even rubber bullets on a curious civilian, or, “lighting them up”, on their own front porch is fucking bullshit.

20. PIMPTRESS

PIMPTRESS
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The feelings aren’t mixed anymore when they’re shooting at YOU on your porch.