Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

But Seriously...

Discussion in 'Permanent Threads' started by Juice, Jun 19, 2015.

1. dixiebandit69

dixiebandit69
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Wait a minute; you mean to tell me there are women who WANT to fuck a bouncer?

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go vomit.

2. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

You have to find the one with the right “philosophy”. One who realizes that pain, in fact, does not hurt.

3. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

4. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse
    Alone in the dark, drooling on himself

The fucking desert. I hate the fucking desert.
    There were 30-40 arrests at the protest here last night. I haven't seen or heard what happened, other then it was on The Strip.

5. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

They are everywhere. Louisville now has the National Guard coming in, San Jose was getting crazy... it seems a lot major cities have some sort of unrest.

6. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse

The officer has been arrested and murder charges filed. Perhaps they're now protesting that he be lynched without a trial?

What exactly is the end game with all the looting, burning, and rioting other then being assholes because they can?

7. Frebis

Frebis
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I think the end game is that cops stop killing unarmed black people. It’s not like it just happened once. This is just the tipping point.

In top of that I’m pretty sure at least three other officers were complicit in the murder.

8. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

Nothing gets the police to agree with you quite like burning your city to the ground and acting like fucking idiots.

I just don't understand it. Peaceful protests is one thing. Rioting, looting, arson just for the sake of it -- those people are just assholes and deserve what they get.

Sad part is, the assholes hide behind the peaceful protesters so it's damn near impossible to separate the two.

9. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

In addition to being the wife of the cop that was arrested and featured in the videos as kneeling on Floyd's neck, she is also the brother of the cop (Tou Thao) that was featured doing crowd control.

10. dixiebandit69

dixiebandit69
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Thing is, though, that peaceful protesting hasn't had any results.

I think people are out of ideas.

Also, free TVs rule.

11. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Shit, you know how when you're indiscriminately firing into a crowd you accidently hit, like maybe 85% of targets you didn't mean to? Yeah, well, it's like that. You know, oops.

The people looting and rioting are assholes, but at this point, I think the protests are just about the police in general and their unwillingness to accept that change needs to happen. That's great that what looks like the appropriate murder charge was filed, but has the police mentality changed on a national level? Are they really doing much of anything different? It doesn't look like they are. We're still following the for profit prison model as well.

12. Jimmy James

Jimmy James
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

This Twitter thread is illuminating.

tl;dr There are a lot of out of state white people taking this as an opportunity to steal shit and target communities of color. Not so much black people.

https://twitter.com/JoyAnnReid/status/1266741059163389952?s=20

13. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

People in Philly are protesting by example:

F46A3433-5F16-4F6E-9870-ECF8D970F881.jpeg

...that’s how you do it, because it shows you’re willing to still respect the law even when you are enraged at it. The question is... how long until the people that make them look bad swoop in?

14. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I appreciate what Atlanta Mayor Keisha Lance Bottoms had to say this morning:

ftfy

In the videos I've seen from the Atlanta protests, there is all sorts of skin color involved, but they share in the characteristic of being assholes.
    https://www.ajc.com/news/atlanta-protests-give-way-violence-chaos/zVR2fmvhkLuthi7TNnodaM/

15. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse

That's just the new narrative:

Capture.PNG

White supremacists are using the protests to loot and burn black owned businesses. That's why you see all the helpful signs saying "Minority owned" on buildings, so the klansmen know which places to burn down.

16. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse

Police swinging their batons in LA....live now on CNN.

17. walt

walt
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It’s getting bad out there again and it’s not even dark. Gonna be a long night.

18. sisterkathlouise

sisterkathlouise
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I really can’t deal with how many people are more upset by looting than by police murdering black men. Trevor Noah’s piece about recent events and breaking the social contract is good and seems like it would be very palatable to the more centrist among us. Cornell West also spoke powerfully about everything that’s going on. Would encourage a watch and listen, especially if you are feeling most hostile towards the protestors/rioters/looters (which is a loose ven diagram and not one group). I watched live footage from Detroit last night and the cops’ behavior, as a group, felt much more escalatory and aggressive than the protestors (duh) and I am honestly surprised they didn’t incite a riot because it sure as fuck seemed like that’s what they were trying to do.

19. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

"Protesters" are shooting fireworks at cops in chicago. Surprised that's all they're shooting in chicago.

Also, you aren't protesting if you're shooting fireworks at police. You're rioting and if you get shot with a beanbag, pepper spray, what have you, you have it coming.

**edit* looters came to play in chicago as well. This dude is checking the police scanner against google maps. Someone ran a truck into bloomingdales

#9939 Revengeofthenerds, May 30, 2020
    Last edited: May 30, 2020
  20. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse

Ooopsie...

Minnesota governor Walz and Mayor Frey claimed that the majority of arrests were out of state instigators. It turns out 86% of those arrested had MN addresses.

Maybe they should concentrate on fixing the problem instead of trying to deflect blame.