Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

But Seriously...

Discussion in 'Permanent Threads' started by Juice, Jun 19, 2015.

1. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

well DUH.

Bonnie from Tim Hortons is wearing her lulu lemon leggings and splaying out while sliding on ice? And the CBC camera guy is shooting all of this from behind? While women sweep stuff and yell "HURRY! HURRY HARD!!"

Canadian Kryptonite.

2. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

We don't really know that because the perpetually corrupt FIFA doesn't share its viewership ad revenue breakdowns with anybody, so Ive read. From what Ive heard it's about as faithful as Hollywood accounting. They weren't challenging this though, they just demanded money they would have been paid had they chose different contracts. They did try using social pressure/shaming to force the issue in courts. They'll probably just settle for the men's structure and move on and claim semi victory. Again, the real money is in endorsement deals, don't see the women's team demanding more money for all players from Nike. You don't see woke companies offering to sponsor all of them equally.

3. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The Women's World Cup Final drew more American viewers than the Men's World Cup Final did, but that's largely because the USA Women's team is good enough to make the finals and the Men's team can't find their way out of one of the softest confederations to even make the World Cup. At this particular moment the Women's team is definitely more popular than the men's.

4. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

I have to think that was all about raw patriotism, not enjoyment of the game. The MSM went NUTS promoting them as new US Heroes, and a lot of the US tuned in for that "go beat that other country" factor rather than "oh man, this is entertaining".

5. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Capitalism don't care why, capitalism just wants dem eyeballs.

6. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

My puzzlement is the inordinate amount of attractive women the sport has. It’s the opposite of golf. I remember curling as the last sport where the athletes drank beer and smoked cigarettes on camera, WHILE playing. Not an anomaly like John Daly, they where ALL doing it.

7. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

They are, but only barely.
    Why is it false, though? It makes sense that the men's team could earn more on average over a decade, but less on average in a shorter time period when their national team couldn't qualify for the world cup and the women's team had a world championship squad.

Yeah, the men are getting more per game. They're also generating about equal revenue when their team fucking sucked (so they played fewer games) and couldn't even qualify.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...-soccer-players-really-earning-less-than-men/

And they've had to way outperform the men to generate barely more revenue.

Yeah, for whatever reasons. All the journalists writing about this are acting like the numbers are so confusing. It's really that confusing.

8. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Shooting and killing an unarmed innocent person won’t get you fired as a cop, but posting this video will:

...you heard me. He was fired for that. The police in your country suck, completely. They’ve now sent the clear message on who they look out for, and it isn’t you.

9. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

What did you expect to happen? He's basically saying he won't do his job, and he's encouraging other officers not to do theirs.

10. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

You guys seem to be tits deep in Catch-22’s. When you make an example of this guy, stacked up to what we’ve seen in the past, or even the past few days. Regardless of what side you take on what this cop says in the video police are making a political firing because they AJWAYS have to appear right.

If he took a stance in the opposite direction, he still would have been fired for putting citizens before the Boys. He was trying to point out a problem of authority overreach, which is an issue.

#9770 Crown Royal, May 11, 2020
    Last edited: May 11, 2020
  11. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

12. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

13. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Arrested... for FREEDOM FIGHTIN’.

14. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

yeah he absolutely needed to be fired for that, or at least severely reprimanded and given paperwork duty until these emergency orders are completely gone. When a hurricane is coming and they close the beaches, that's within their authority right? What about evacuation orders? States can order mandatory evacuations for natural disasters and enforce curfews with the weight of the law. Same thing here. It's just on a scale that's never been seen before, so people have a hard time accepting it. Your rights only extend so far as to where they don't interfere with the rights of others. If you going out and acting like a dipshit makes more people sick, then the government absolutely is within their power to tell you to stay home. And if you don't listen to them, they can arrest you.

And if you are a police officer won't arrest people who go against those lawful orders, then you 100% are failing to do your job.

15. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

So this killing innocent black women in their own homes, is it the cool new thing for American cops?

https://amp.usatoday.com/amp/5196867002

why in the fuck are these three assholes still walking around?

16. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

You should see what white guys do to black men going on runs nowadays.

17. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

I heard. And they did everything they could to cover it up, it’s just crazy shit.

18. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I was gonna ask who wants to get racial up in here, but since the last thing we left off with was an extradjudicial killing of a black man well... I suppose we're more continuing than anything. Two videos hit the 'nets yesterday with massive virality. The first in which a woman who is letting her dog run unleashed in a wildlife area is asked to leash her dog and responds by calling the cops and claims she is being "threatened" by an "African American man" and the second where Minneapolis police kneeled on a cuffed suspect's neck for ten minutes, ultimately killing him.

19. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Heard the lady surrendered her dog to the same rescue she got it from and apologized to everyone involved. I was more surprised the black guy was doing the lamest white person thing of all time. Birding. It does not surprise me some white entitled bitch had a melt down seems to be quite the uptick lately.

20. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

the cops have all been fired, and I imagine will be in jail for quite some time.

Also did y’all hear the dude who took the video of the black guy running and getting ambushed/killed was also arrested? There’s some seriously nefarious shit going on with that. I get the whole “both sides!! There’s video of him going into houses” thing but come on... he was running. And two guys in a pickup ran up on him and shot him.