Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

But Seriously...

Discussion in 'Permanent Threads' started by Juice, Jun 19, 2015.

1. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

But it was a shitty law, and this case put that in the spotlight. Sure, he got off on a technicality, but he shouldn't have.

2. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

Which law? The stand your ground laws everyone thinks were the issue in the case? Yeah, SYG wasn't even brought up in the Zimmerman trial. It was a basic case of self defense. In Stand Your Ground states, there is no "duty to retreat," meaning that you can use deadly force if you reasonably believe your life is in imminent and grave danger even if you also have the option of retreating. Stated another way, states WITHOUT stand your ground laws require that if you believe your life is in danger, you must retreat to a safe place if such retreat is reasonably possible, and if and only if such a retreat is not reasonably possible, ONLY then may you use deadly force to save yourself from an imminent and grave danger.... or as I like to call it, "common sense."

So yes, stand your ground is a stupid law. Dangerously stupid. And I think anyone who respects life and in general isn't a trigger happy thundercunt out to kill people would agree that SYG laws (there are other variations on them that all say the same essential thing) have no place in a just society. If you can get away from a bad situation, you do it. You don't stand there and blast someone because you don't feel like getting in your car and driving off.... but that's not what happened in the Zimmerman case. The defense never claimed protection under Stand Your Ground because Zimmerman couldn't retreat even if he wanted to. It was a simple case of self defense that got blown up in the media due to a number of factors. He didn't get off because of a technicality, he got off because there was no crime.

Doesn't change the fact that he's a piece of shit human and he needs to just go away, and the media that reports on him needs to stop giving him the attention he craves.

3. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

4. dixiebandit69

dixiebandit69
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Do you think this is really going to stick, though?

Don't you think they'll just say "Aww geez, we're really sorry, and we'll never do it again" with their fingers crossed behind their back, and make some kind of "donation" to become eligible again?

Also, why aren't they going after China, as well?

5. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

It stuck in the 2018 Winter Olympics, so theres no reason why it cant here, but the non-doping athletes can still compete under a neutral flag I guess. I have no idea about China, probably because the IOC and FIFA are both notoriously corrupt.

6. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

So a corrupt country has been banned from two throughly corrupt and cancerous sporting events. It’s like evicting Courtney Love from a crackhouse.

Nobody wants to host the Olympics anymore except for attention whore countries. They completely fuck up whatever city hosts them. And this “Neutral Flag” thing is bullshit. The last hockey champion was “Team Olympics” because the cheating country won anyways, despite the ban, and we all KNOW they did.

REEEEEEEEEtarded.

7. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

This is what happen when people let preconceived notions be dictated by a narrative driven media. In Florida stand your ground is a pre trail defense to avoid prosecution. In Zimmerman's case he didn't claim it before hand and his version of the events and eyewitnesses and physical evidence pointed to him being on the ground with Martin on top of him which makes the point of the law moot as he couldn't escape. It was simple self defense.

He's a grade A douchebag and Trump style internet troll and from the looks of it is suing everyone involved in his prosecution after seeing a Project Veritas level documentary on the internet that claims the family, their lawyers, and the prosecution team switched witnesses from a girl Treyvon was supposedly dating with a family friend they all claimed it actually was and who left us with the longest running meme from the whole debacle that sums up the entire case (both cases):

[​IMG]

8. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

The contact was Zimmerman’s he instigated it, stalked & harassed an innocent person in their own secure neighbourhood (despite being told on the phone not to) , and the entire situation and result was his fault and his fault entirely. He deserved that beating and if it killed Him instead of Martin, it would STILL be Zimmerman’s fault. He was walking around with a gun because he wanted to use it, and did.

The law can point to whatever it wants. That entire debacle was 100% the fault of Zimmerman, and he should be the one who is dead, or rotting in a cage until the day he dies. Anything bad that happens in his life is to be laid exclusively at his own feet.

...for him to lawyer up and say that this is somehow not entirely his fault is impossibly stupid and evil. I want somebody to murder him, and I genuinely, truly, honestly mean that.

9. GTE

GTE
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

So.... just found this in my stepsons bathroom wastebasket. Not really sure what to do.. (He's 17 btw)

Attached Files:

10. kindalas

kindalas
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Thank him for being man enough to not want to be a teen dad or to make you a grandparent.

11. Puffman

Puffman
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

What Kindalas said.

12. GTE

GTE
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I think it's more about where to go from here. We're not going to turn our house into a episode of Shameless where he's going to be banging his GF non-stop.

13. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

he’s almost an adult. If he doesn’t do it there he’s gonna be doing it somewhere else, possibly in a less-safe manner

14. dixiebandit69

dixiebandit69
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Hey, I actually GAVE Li'l Bandit his first condoms.

I'm too young to be a grandpa.

15. GTE

GTE
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

We understand that kids are gonna bone and you can't really do anything about it. Just like kids are gonna party and possibly drink but we're not going to host the party and buy the beers for them.

16. Danger Boy

Danger Boy
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

In a flyover state hoping your plane crashes
    Hand him a box of rubbers and tell him he can fuck in his car like every other teenager. He will still try to fuck in the house, but at least he'll know it's off limits and it won't happen as often.

17. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Tell him if as long as he wears them he can fuck all he wants. Until her dad gets him by the throat, that is.

18. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Looks like the Brits just doubled-down on Brexit. Given the circumstances, this was the best possible outcome.

19. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

This should probably go in the R&R thread, but whatever . . .
    I think it is fanTAStic that the Atlanta Urinal and Constipation is being called out on their bullshit, all these years later. I think Olivia Wilde's extended Twitter response to criticism of her character was spot on. Good for her. I hope the movie Richard Jewell makes a ton of money and provides some closure and vindication for Bobbi Jewell.

If you don't know, Richard Jewell was falsely accused and railroaded by the FBI and the AJC for the bombing during the 1996 Atlanta Olympics. His and his family's life was ruined, and now Clint Eastwood set out to tell his side of the story through the film. One of the AJC reports was having at least one sexual relationship with at least one FBI agent. The recent controversy has started because apparently, some people think the film was edited in such a way as to make it look like she was trading sex for news tips. (I haven't seen it, so I don't know.)

AJC editor Kevin Riley sent a letter to film production team:
    Spokesperson for film:
    Olivia Wilde:
    Jon Hamm:
    Fuck the AJC. I hope the film pours heaping coals on the wastes of oxygen that paper has always been and continues to be. And, good on Olivia Wilde for thoughtfully defending herself, and her role without shitting on Eastwood and the production, and making sure the focus stays on the point of the film.

20. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

I hope this movie, much like “When They See Us”, restores simmering anger and rage in the public that will be directed at the deserving targets who slimed their way out of accountability years ago.

I’m so glad this podunk shitrag of a newspaper is now behaving like an attack ad on itself. I was hoping the film would make them look like assholes, but they’re already doing a bang-up job in their own.

Here, Rush: David Cross’ most famous stand-up bit is him ripping on a AJC article:

#9620 Crown Royal, Dec 13, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2019