Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

But Seriously...

Discussion in 'Permanent Threads' started by Juice, Jun 19, 2015.

1. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

That's a good question. One article indicated that two officers responded? So, it doesn't seem odd to have someone in the back and someone in the front. But, wouldn't it be typical for the front officer to enter the home, saying "hello, Ms. Jefferson, it's the police. Is everything okay?" or something like that. I don't know, maybe I watch too much TV, and if there's a suspected threat they are supposed to not tip themselves? But, I still think the rear officer would be the "in case they run out the back" guy.

2. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I’ve heard different police departments have different approaches to open door situation like this. Also of note the caller told the police the door was open and were worried something might have happened. This wasn’t a simple my mom hadn’t called in a week check. They were primed for the open door as possible suspicious activity.

The real issue to me is that police should have a lot more burden of proof than they do now when using lethal force. They are the acting as enforcement of the state and have the monopoly of the use of force. That’s a huge responsibility and has morphed in something out of hand with the legal protections that are provided them. Investigating themselves and finding nothing wrong has to stop. Heavy handed force escalation training needs to be changed.

3. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I’m talking about the evolution of police tactics changing. Since that cop was killed by that Vietnam vet on dash cam all departments have adopted the “never lose the balance of force” mantra. These means they go to their guns almost immediately to keep control of a situation. The more times they go skins the more chances that gun will be fired, the more times fired the more times you’ll see an innocent person shot.

4. AFHokie

AFHokie
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Read the comments section of every news article discussing pedestrians and cyclists getting hit by cars.

5. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Epstein and ABC:

Move along folks, literally nothing to see here. Please stop with the WrongThink. Any Robach simply had a “private moment of frustration”.
    83D1101A-90CB-48C2-8D73-9E3F7CA3393B.jpeg

6. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

ABC passed on the story because they were afraid they couldn’t interview Prince William (among other reasons). Holy shit.

7. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

It wasn’t because Prince Andrew was a guest on rape island?

8. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Well of course it was, but hey, the Royal Family had a baby!

9. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Perhaps....
    A51C70BA-2850-4C81-A6DE-C930B4C0B690.jpeg

10. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Im assuming you actually watched the Robach video. It’s so insane it almost feels like you’re watching a movie or something. A Disney-owned company is now actively protecting a child rape ring.

I can’t believe anyone thinks the 4th estate is still in any way honorable. Jesus Christ.

11. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

The most enraging thing of all? The only thing ABC has answered to this is by hunting down and firing the whistleblower who leaked the tape. I saw reporters bitching about in online, saying shit like the “integrity of journalism was fouled by catching one of them saying something REAL.

People cannot let this go. They need to pound them and POUND THEM until they are fucking sand and if it ruins their careers and lives.... that’s a huge bonus.

12. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

“El Presidente Cosby” has stepped down. Evo Morales’ CIA handlers have made him resign as president of Bolivia.

13. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

They need to replace them. These organizations are way too far gone at this point. I'm so disgusted with the media, and so sick of people trying to defend them because they happen to be on the same side of certain issues. How much time have they dedicated over the last three years to hot takes and "clap backing" on twitter, racial antagonizing for clicks, who got "slammed" last week, "bombshells" that are only bombshells for 15 minutes because they're either discredited or unimportant, but they bury this because "It didn't meet our ethical standards." I don't want them to anwer for it. I don't want them held accountable, or called out. I just want them gone.

I know it's not going to happen. 5 more stories about Pelosi's divalicious clapbacks and people will forget all about this. So there's really not much other than a heartfelt fuck you for existing.

#9573 Kampf Trinker, Nov 11, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2019
  14. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm a little late to the whole "Epstein didn't kill himself" meme that is showing up everywhere, but this one is hilarious.

[​IMG]

15. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Moved the previous posts to advice board.

16. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Oh this is fucking hilarious.

Chicago, which as you know has a tad smidge of a violence problem in the past little while, has brought on Charlie Beck as their new interm police chief. The corrupt ex chief of the LAPD who couldn’t find his own balls with a guided map, the chickenshit denial expert who quarterbacked the masterpiece that was the Chris Dorner case that made his entire department look like murderous retards....

Yeah, this will help Chicago. Cabrini-Green will look like luxury condos once this twerp puts his thumbprint on the city. Of course, you’ll save some money on taxes because he doesn’t like feeding or medicating prisoners.

17. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

What do y'all think will be the end result with the Hong Kong protests? (hopefully this isn't too political -- the HK bill passed the Senate unanimously)

Also, holy gotta love the ingenuity and organization of the protesters. They're gluing bricks and scrap metal to the roads to block police vehicles. They're coordinating their attacks with molotov cocktails. Using laser pointers to blind police and down police drones. They've taken archery equipment from the universities and are fighting back with those. In several instances they've built fucking trebuchets!

Good video:

18. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

I wish there was a way for the students to get even deadlier weapons. Somebody has to put those oppressive, sociopathic goons in their place.

The fucking bitch running the city, Carrie Lam, needs to shut her mouth and step down. The protestors are not the villains. You are, your cops are, and your government is.

In the mean time, enjoy one of the very few satisfying videos this tragedy has produced:

19. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

They police also committing war crimes, like arresting medics and hiding in ambulances to gain access to and arrest the wounded.

I don't really see how anyone can take China's side here, at least after the behavior of their police.

I think that, once these protesters gain access to deadly weapons (that's when, not if), then it's going to turn into a full-on civil war, Arab Spring-style. I do not think it's possible for China to put the proverbial genie back in the bottle here and get everything to calm down. Though maybe someone with more knowledge than me in this area can shed some light on that.

20. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Problem is, China has this “thing” with the rest of the world where they are the one country who are simply allowed to commit war crimes, and the rest of us have to sit there and and take it.

I watched them flat-out commit a genocide on live TV when I was a kid, tell the entire world to go fuck themselves, and the only thing that came out of it after all these years was Bicycle Dude.

#9580 Crown Royal, Nov 20, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2019