Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

But Seriously...

Discussion in 'Permanent Threads' started by Juice, Jun 19, 2015.

1. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I have family that works in investments and all I've heard from them is that this company is a train wreck. It increasingly looks like they may be right.

2. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Production isn’t the major problem, they can’t cant make a profit on their 3s model. Not at the current price. And almost have their cash reserves are credit-based. They need a massive cash infusion to stay afloat. They had to put up a few production centers up as credit collateral. Wall Street is about to ramp up the rape and pillaging.

3. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Ah. Well, I thought I had read a couple things about how behind they were, and saw this from the article you linked:
    I haven't followed it closely, or anything, but it just seemed to me they needed a bigger foothold in the availability market. If they have that many employees and their primary vehicle is still in unicorn status, that seems like a problem.

4. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

The article doesn’t mention that production goal is just to fulfill pre-orders, mostly. Some finance whiz broke down the cost of production. That model needs to be priced at $42K/unit for it to break even.

5. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I really want them to do well as we need to start getting serious about sustainable energy, but the way they're doing things at the moment just isn't going to work. Pricing your shit below production cost isn't a model for success, no matter how you look at it.