Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

But Seriously...

Discussion in 'Permanent Threads' started by Juice, Jun 19, 2015.

1. dixiebandit69

dixiebandit69
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yeah, but then what will that do to global oil prices?

2. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

70283035_2593084500757030_7959449443239985152_n.jpg

3. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

That’s all you ever have seen, all you ever will see. One of the many comical fuck-ups built into Islam is the fact it’s own worshippers are initiated into civil war no matter which team they choose. It helped mould it into the Religion Of Peace we all know it as.

A gang war that is spread across half continent, they murder each other every single day by the dozens. I’m sure the two sides will EVENTUALLY come to some sort of agreement, the only problem being that when that happens we will already have been dead for a thousand years.

They want to go full-war on each other? Fuck them. As long as no nukes are involved that’s not anybody’s problem over here.

4. dixiebandit69

dixiebandit69
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

So you think the Saudis attacked themselves to drive up prices and eliminate competition?

5. downndirty

downndirty
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Except....https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuclear_program_of_Saudi_Arabia

Scroll down to the part about Pakistan (a nuclear power) being right cozy with the Kingdom of Saud.

Or this...https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-24823846

Interesting timeline there, too...when "fuck em, let em kill each other, we can be oil independent" ceased to be a viable strategy was the 1970's...especially since every other non-nuclear power in the region has undergone "regime change" since 1969.

The broader message here is that the Saudis are still dangerously weak to attacks on basic infrastructure and oil production. Saudi Arabia exists because a river of oil flows one direction and a river of money flows to bring water and electricity to the desert. If that river gets poisoned or diverted, then there's no backup plan or alternative. It's not like they can drill a well to find water and a diversified economy. Imagine the Arab Spring, but with nuclear powers, US weapons and an even bigger humanitarian crisis than Yemen.

Truth be told, one of the major pushes for alternative energies is to get the Western world the FUCK out of the Middle East.

No, if the Saudis did that, they'd likely blame Israel or at least a group that would give them more political capital.

6. kindalas

kindalas
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It's a lot more feasible then Iran getting their hands on cruse missiles and attacking the refinery.

But what likely happened is that someone figured out how to add a block of C4 to an off the self drone and flew a bunch into areas with a ton of pipes and set them off.

7. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

8. walt

walt
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I know when I see people doing stupid shit like that, I'm hoping for a good mauling. The more stupid taken out of the gene pool the better.

9. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

I'm the opposite... as much as I want to see the moron taken out of the gene pool in a bloody manner, the eventual harm it will do to the animal isn't worth it.

Never mind the fact it was the fucktard's fault, if the animal now associates people with tasty num-nums, or discovers that line of "I can fuck humans up" thinking, they will put the animal down.

They might just put it down due to some bullshit zero tolerance policy regardless.

Either way, even if the moron makes it out alive, they should be fucking beaten in public as a teachable moment for others.

10. dieformetal

dieformetal
    Expand Collapse
    Hurricanes Are My Bitch

Am I the only one who thinks that the lion knew he didn’t have a 100% chance at getting her there and was just waiting for her to go over the creek?

11. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Lions can hit 50 mph in less than half a second. They are the fifth fastest running species in the entire world. If it ran at her— if it CHOSE to— it would have that dumb fat bitch before she could take three steps.

I’m surprised it didn’t charge. It’s a cat, it been waiting it's entire life for something like a live animal reward— warm, killable meat. Exactly the itch they could never scratch.

12. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

They play with their prey, first and foremost. I sat here one day and watched my cat hang out with a chipmunk without any thoughts of killing it or fucking it up. (That time, anyway).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

But even your little housecat is still a natural born killer. Ours is, she kills and eats bumblebees on the patio. It’s the damndest thing.

14. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

FEFA4CB1-C89D-4F1D-B358-4E6467B4D5B0.jpeg

B1BFBAE7-A290-427F-ACB9-EF02209F78EB.jpeg

Was told to make the images work. Not sure why the previous ones didn’t.

15. GTE

GTE
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Not sure how big of news it is outside California but there are millions of people without electricity because the power company shut it off. Almost 800,000 homes and businesses. One of our shops doesn't have power for the 2nd day which means another day of sending guys home and customers not getting back in their cars. All because of some wind. When PG&E shuts the power off, they are required to inspect every inch of their grid which they're saying could take up to a week before they can turn it back on.
    PG&E says this is for public safety but some cell phone companies towers don't have power so if you have Sprint or T-Mobile, your phone might not work. If someone is breaking into your house, you have a medical emergency, your house catches fire, etc, you can't call for help. Sounds pretty safe to me.

@Puffman - How's it down in the valley?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/t...wer-outages-from-pgande/ar-AAIzpHz?li=BBnb7Kz

#9515 GTE, Oct 10, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2019
  16. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Part of me doesn't blame them... as they're being held accountable and financially responsible for the Camp fire outcomes, and this is kind of a natural fallout from that. If they're going to be held accountable, then they are going to put procedures in place to limit their exposure on that front. Based on their shitty technical implementation, etc, this is their idea of a reasonable risk mitigation procedure.

"See? No more fires because of wind, because no power in the lines... not our fault."

Now, a big part of me has no pity for them as they are a shit company that has done a shit job at doing their job (maximum ROI and profits at minimal cost), which does not lead to good infrastructure or customer service. I tend to think that kind of stuff should be run by the State/Province with some private outsourcing, but managed with the best interests of the clients in mind, not maximum profit.
    But that's a whole other discussion, I'm sure.

17. AbsentMindedProf

AbsentMindedProf
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Aren't they behind held financially responsible for the forest fires because they were found to be negligent of maintenance of their lines? From what I've read about the situation they had really scaled back their maintenance budget to boost profits and that was a factor in causing the fire. Now that they're being sued and filing bankruptcy shutting down transmission is their solution. This is the cheaper solution to them instead of doing the maintenance they were supposed to be doing.

18. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Exactly... but that's my point... they are now in a "do anything to protect them" state.

19. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

On cue, a great article from WIRED explaining it: California's Power Outages are about Wildfires -- But also Money

Just hired a transplant from Paradise, CA, of Camp Fire infamy. Unfortunately they knew people who were unable to evacuate in time and died, and in her opinion the outages are worth it for the safety. She still GTFO though.

Hopefully these outages will be the kick in the balls people need about global warming. Doubt it'll happen, but it'd be nice to see.

20. Puffman

Puffman
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I am not on PG&E power so there is not threat of a power outage for me. At the same time, the expected winds did not happen where I live and I am thinking that PG&E are going to have a public relations nightmare on their hands. GTE you have my empathy as at this time of year I absolutely could not afford to shut down for at least two days.