Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

But Seriously...

Discussion in 'Permanent Threads' started by Juice, Jun 19, 2015.

1. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I know it's hard for you to understand. But, he had an international permit, dude. Are you a cop or something?

2. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Really? The HARNESSES are illegal? I’ve met a few people with them in their cars, along with roll cages etc. Why is the harness illegal, because of escape difficulty if you crash?

3. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

They are illegal because they are meant to work with a car with a roll cage. Normal seat belts are designed to let you flop around a bit as the roof deforms and pushes you down (say in a rollover and the roof caves in). If you rollover in a car with a bucket and harnesses, but no proper roll cage, you are held in place into the seat, and then your head gets pile-driven into your spine and you die an ugly death as the car rolls over it, and the roof caves in, but your body doesn't deflect to get out of the way.

Likewise, emergency crews are not trained or equipped to handle roll cages, which is why they are not allowed in street cars.

At most, a harness bar is allowed in a car (to help direct harnesses), but you're not allowed to use harnesses on the streets.

Too many fucking idiots watch Fast and the Furious and do shit that looks cool without understanding the system as a whole.

4. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

I think to own a better car you have to pass a better driver’s exam. If you fail, you have to take advanced drivers ed to pass.

Also I hate that franchise for this exact reason. The douche factor increased in automobiles by 1000% after Vin lived his life a quarter mile at a time.

There’s a car right now in my work parking lot owned by this fat ginger kid that has so many buzz-brand stickers on it looks like a punk rocker’s guitar. A gigantic screw-on spoiler. Paper Towel roll-sized can/noise making device for the exhaust, because who doesn’t love noise? It’s an off-the-lot Subaru WRX. What.....what am I looking at here?

5. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Holy shit... video just surfaced of that pipeline explosion in Mexico...

It's not at all what I was expecting... it's a breach in the pipeline that is spewing a fire hydrant-like fountain of gasoline with people milling around trying to catch it in containers... then shit goes way wrong.

Be warned, there are people running around on fire.

6. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

They tapped the line to steal gas. Play stupid games and all. Also, they don't teach stop drop and roll in Mexico?

7. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Yeah, I get that... but still, it's mind boggling to see people take that kind of chance.

Same thing with that fuel tanker that rolled on the highway and spilled gas, which ended up in 100+ deaths as people tried to collect/steal the spillage.

8. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

It’s heartbreaking when you see human beings having to resort to something so insane out of desperation. Even the poorest of people up here wouldn’t attempt such a thing. To me, “stealing gas” always involved some jerk with three feet of rubber tube.

9. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Canadian's stealing gas:

10. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

96ED7447-3A6A-46D7-BC92-0EF82E4C8514.jpeg

11. dixiebandit69

dixiebandit69
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Hey, the gang bought that gas, fair and square.

12. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

China is throwing a sissy-girl tantrum at Canada over this Huawei CFO arrest. Assholes.... you sent a wanted criminal to an Ally country who extradites to USA. She is going to fucking prison, and you just have to deal with it.

So many still seem to have it in their heads that if you get arrested in a different country, it doesn’t “count” and you should just get sent home.

13. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

When rich Chinese people can just throw money at the Politburo to get out of trouble, it’s not surprising that they throw a hissy fit when it doesn’t work elsewhere.

14. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

15. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Im still weary in this day and age when reporting quotes "sources familiar with." Everything is just too perfect with this case. The description of the act was too perfect for the "Trump's driving racial attacks with his rhetoric" narrative. If it turns out he faked it, just too perfect that LGBT Person Of Color needs to identify as an oppressed victim he has to make it a national cause in this zeitgeist moment on race.

16. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

17. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Its fitting a familiar pattern. Media cites unverified sources, puts out that same narrative, more information comes to light and the media either barely retracts, ignores it entirely or makes another statement about the state of the political climate then moves on. No accountability, no integrity.

18. NatCH

NatCH
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I can see the clickbait headline already:
    “He planned a racist and homophobic attack against himself. This is why it’s not surprising that everybody believed it.”

19. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

He's already claiming he's shocked and appalled that it could have actually been people he knew and that he's being revictimized because people are questioning his version of events. Part playing dumb, part blame shifting.

20. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

What’s the over/under on some type of excuse like, “He was scared and confused about what happened because were in a post-Trump world?”