Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

But Seriously...

Discussion in 'Permanent Threads' started by Juice, Jun 19, 2015.

1. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

2. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Sorry, Im well behind how we're supposed to act. The barber acknowledged her as a female, shouldn't this transgender person be complimented this old timer is seeing her for who she "is"? Can the typical lurkers who only pop in only for race/reproductive issues chime in? Does she want to be seen as a woman but treated like a man? Do you have to turn every single fucking thing into a lawsuit and act like you were physically beaten and left in a gutter? I don't know how divisive this issue is in Canada but this smells like this person went shopping for a lawsuit like the Gay cake couple that just got smacked down by the SCOTUS. If the arguments like this weren't SO outrageous it would be a lot easier pill to swallow changing things in the long run. I read a Vice article the other day where the the writer said deadnaming (look it up) is an act of Transphobic violence. Wowza.

3. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

She just happened to be an hour out of her hometown in immediate need of a barber to fix her GI Jane hairdo. Sure she did. No places for a woman to get a haircut in upscale Waterloo, I’m sure.

That big, giant, necessary and collective “Shut Up” I’ve been praying for needs to happen immediately before society’s hard drive completely crashes.

#9103 Crown Royal, Jul 26, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2018
  4. audreymonroe

audreymonroe
    Expand Collapse
    The most powerful cervix... in the world...

In your eagerness for an opportunity to shit on trans people you missed the part where she isn't trans.

5. Danger Boy

Danger Boy
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

In a flyover state hoping your plane crashes
    Oh, fuck off.

6. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

You’re right and I’m man enough to admit when I’m wrong. Still refused a haircut at a barbershop is a human rights violation?

7. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

ftfy

8. audreymonroe

audreymonroe
    Expand Collapse
    The most powerful cervix... in the world...

I dunno, if you're waiting for me to be angry about this case I can't really bring myself to be moved about it either way. Based on what I can tell, it seems much more likely that the guy either lacked the critical thinking skills necessary to realize that cutting short hair on a woman wouldn't really be different than cutting short hair on a man or is just a shitty barber unconfident in his skills, rather than using the excuse as thinly veiled anti-woman sentiment while trying to maintain a He Man Women Hater Club for sexist reasons instead of practical ones. I do think it's silly that they weren't able to accommodate her, but I also don't buy that it was a traumatic experience.

And I don't really have a strong overarching stance about gender-exclusionary spaces in general. It's only fair to have men-only spaces, and think it's more complex to codify when they're ~ bad ~ than it's typically talked about. I think the motivations and intentions behind men-only spaces are generally less honorable and necessary than ones for women, but having some kind of social space or club or whatever that's just for men is pretty much never going to bother me, whereas maybe something like a men-only club in a workplace that enables men to have more time and access to build beneficial relationships, make deals, and get promotions or raises that are otherwise not available to their female colleagues - especially in places where the people in power are all men - might.

This is the only funny joke about gender that has ever been made on this board.

9. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

It actually probably will. Aside from the seemingly racist douche he appears to be, these types of lawsuits (where company directors are ousted without proper procedure) are surprisingly effective. Attorney fees will be astronomical and the company will settle, Im guessing.

10. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

That’s how it worked for Charney, right? Another much-hated Founder people wanted to see the hammer fall on, and was booted from his own creation. And it turns out people had good reason, he’s as creepy as he looks.

11. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Entire Guardians Of The Galaxy cast in unanimous is support of rehiring James Gunn. Meanwhile far-leftists and alt-righters still bitch about how his mean jokes attacked their frail minds, while the rest of us roll our eyes and laugh at things that are far, FAR worse.

These people need to be mailed to Neptune, I swear. Saw off the ends of this Horsehoe Effect already.

12. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

See the far right the "alt" right or whatever, is just trolling in this situation. Making them reap what theyve sowed. I hope it might actually have the unintended effect of actually rational reactions to this type of situation. Maybe we don't need to burn someone entirely to the ground for anything that might whiff against the current dogma?

13. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

I think its going to eventually level out. People will stop caring, which will give companies some leniency for how they handle employees that pop up, depending on severity. People are exhausted and becoming apathetic to the outrage culture. Not everyone is Bill Cosby or Harvey Weinstein.

I dont have much sympathy for James Gunn. It would not have happened if he hadnt jumped on the bandwagon and tried to do the exact same thing to Ben Shapiro. He wasnt just picked out of the ether, it was retaliation. The right weaponized the lefts tactics against them, thats all it was.

14. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Oh, so Chris Hardwock’s career isn’t going to get torpedoed over hearsay?

It’s almost as if accusations can be completely full of shit when not investigated.

15. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

They certainly tried, but he played a wicked game of I’m better at social media manipulation than you.

16. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

He played it the way I would play it which is “No, I’m not letting this bitter d-lister take me down just because I’m famous and she’s desperate.”

It’s what Al Franken should have done. Say : “Fuck you, I was the resident comic on that tour and she was the resident whore. Shove your apology up your ass.”

17. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Goes to show that a lot of this hate and attacking each other wouldn’t be happening in the first place; if people weren’t so adamant-to-the-core about the “team” or “side” that they’re on.

18. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

See, Franken apologized and Tweeden accepted it, so whats the fucking issue then? The rest of his "misconduct"* was women accusing him of draping his arm around their midsections during state fair photos (should have took a page from the nerds playbook with hover hands).

*a shitty catch all term used when the actions don't even raise to the bar of improper but we have to be outraged anyway, which I think cheapens the message in the long run.

19. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Al Franken was an obvious hit job. He stepped aside to make the story go away and to make the dems try to be the “high road” party. He should have fought to expose and get the accuser to testify.

These stories that come out like the one about Aziz are designed purely to try to harm people. Not meaningfully contribute to the movement.

Meanwhile Jim Jordan is sitting pretty and the gop doesn’t give a shit.

20. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

If the Democrats stood up for him he probably would have survived.