Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

But Seriously...

Discussion in 'Permanent Threads' started by Juice, Jun 19, 2015.

1. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Because people, for the most part, are predictable.

When Roseanne got canned, do you think it was because of one Tweet that she made while "whacked out on Ambien?" Or do you think it's because she's got a history of being a fucking lunatic bitch that's hard to work with and that was the last straw?

Nobody owes us a detailed history of what happened... but you can infer a lot based on the actions people and corporations around him take.

Could I be wrong? Sure.

I think it's not just possible, it's probable. Why don't you think so?

2. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

You might be right, but then again maybe not. I just don't like a standard where people are so quick to draw conclusions. He might be a cunt, but the fact that the people who ratted on him said he was trying to show his opposition to racism makes me think maybe he's just an idiot who blurts things out without thinking.

I've said stupid shit before that taken in a vacuum would create an incorrect picture. Again though, you might be right, I just think given the extent of the shit he's getting the public court of opinion should ask for a little bit more. What's the harm in waiting an extra week or so to see what comes out before burying the knife?

3. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

I get that, but when the stupid shit you (constantly) blurt out is racist... ?

Oh, I don't know, then you get what's coming to you?

4. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I would get it if he said something along the lines of "Why should we have to put up with black people? They're all criminals anyway." or something more blatant. However, it seems more like he brought it up in a "Yeah, I've seen racism. I saw this fucked up shit growing up." Or at least very possible that that's how he brought it up.

As far as I know this isn't something that has surfaced multiple times with him. The anthem protest stuff wasn't really about race from his perspective (although I think his conclusion was wrong, sales are dropping for other reasons but that's not the point).

But yeah, if dropping N-bombs is regular thing for him then he deserves it.

5. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Again, we won't know what the details are... but the fact that the guy was going through serious training to try and fix it speaks volumes, in my opinion.

I don't have a horse in this race... I just don't get the "why did everyone bail on him?" questioning... "because they wanted to, and the stated reasons are his racism." Who are we to second guess that, or question that?

I also haven't heard anyone step up and vouch for him, publicly... quite the opposite.

In the end, it's got nothing to do about whether he deserves it or not... he's obviously done something that has caused problems... whether he's a racist, or just some fucking annoying asshole douche... doesn't matter... people are putting distance between them and him.

6. Frebis

Frebis
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

He asked why Colonel Sanders was never punished for calling black people n-words. But he didn’t say n-word.

Who in the fuck does that? He didn’t ask why colonel sanders was never in trouble for being racist.

7. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Someone who does exactly that, is getting called out for it, and now wants to know why he's the one being picked on.... is my inference, at least.

8. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Look, if you literally reinvent the fried chicken game, you get a lifetime pass on racial slurs against black people. That's just how it is. If Papa John had gone around calling people wops and dagos, I'm betting he could have gotten away with it, but you can't just crossover like he tried to do.

9. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Cultural appropriate has to be earned, yo.

10. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

No, he did say the n-word. "Why am I getting so much shit when Colonel Sanders did x and didn't?" It's a stupid question, I agree. Just not sure I agree it's proof he says the n-word all the time.

Although, if there is a humorous side to this I think it's that he blamed the NFL on the sales dropping, and not his own constantly inserting his dumbass into the commercials.

11. zzr

zzr
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The issue isn't how often he uses that word. The reality is that it's no longer acceptable for a white person to use that word in any context. If you're a very public business leader who has already had issues with sensitivity and you still use that word in any situation, you're too much of a liability to be involved in that business anymore. There's really no point in discussing nuances.

12. Nom Chompsky

Nom Chompsky
    Expand Collapse
    Honorary TiBette

Am I taking crazy pills or are you actually confused why Papa John got fired for saying nigger on a conference call when you're not even willing to write it on a messageboard.

13. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse
    Alone in the dark, drooling on himself

The fucking desert. I hate the fucking desert.
  14. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Fucking hell... that seems like a video game.

Honestly, as soon as bullets started flying, I was thinking that they should have backed off. The potential for other people getting hit was just way, way too high.

And then when the cop started firing through his windshield, while trying to drive? That was fucking nuts... very reckless, in my opinion.

Wild and crazy, for sure... but man... glad they got the bad guys, but they were lucky.

15. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

That's the full video. "Police Activity" is a great follow on youtube.

Also, that cop might need a bit more firearm training. I know gross motor skills are the first to go under stress, but the way he fumbled with the magazine release and tried to push in a new mag backward -- that stuff should be instinct. And that it wasn't, could have cost him (or an innocent person) his life.

16. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I actually have used it on here. No, I'm not confused that it happened. The president of Mizzou stepped down because some deranged students freaked out over bullshit that never happened. Say what you will about Papa John's founder, at least he did something.

Really though, I get the argument that I'm wrong to give him the benefit of the doubt. I can see that perspective. What I don't get, and that more than one person has argued with total sincerity, is the argument that context and nuance just don't matter. That may even be right as far as the public is concerned, but that's pretty sad if it's how we're going to look at things now.

17. Trakiel

Trakiel
    Expand Collapse
    Call me Caitlyn. Got any cake?

I haven't been following all the details about PJ's ouster, but from what I've seen it can pretty much be summed up as the BoD asking him why sales were stagnant while Domino's is making bank, and his response was, "NFL players protesting is to blame for PJ's lack of performance!". So the decision was made that it was time for some new leadership. Does this about cover it?

18. Frebis

Frebis
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It goes deeper. They put him in training after this to avoid future issues, and he went on to use the n-word in the training. That was when everything came down.

19. Frebis

Frebis
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

They asked him if he was a racist. He said no then responded-

“I then said something on the order of, Colonel Sanders used the word ‘N,’ (I actually used the word), that I would never use that word, and Papa John’s doesn’t use that word,”

20. jdoogie

jdoogie
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded