Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

But Seriously...

Discussion in 'Permanent Threads' started by Juice, Jun 19, 2015.

1. AFHokie

AFHokie
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm not referring to ISIS beheadings either. For every Saudi beheading completed with your "one quick swipe" multiple other executions require multiple blows.

2. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Maybe, but if it takes them more than 45 minutes those are the worst swordsmen I've ever heard of.

3. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Hmm they should invent a machine that does it! But beheading like electrocution is too graphic for the observers. I’m kind of curious why there hasn’t been a more serious push for nitrogen asphyxiation. I think I read recently one state added it as a back up if the lethal injection drugs weren’t available. Hell its so popular in suicides there are people that secretly sell it to people wanting self euthanasia. (I think this was in Australia)

4. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm not sure where to put this. But, what the fuck is wrong with everybody? I finally got to see Hamilton last night at the Fox Theatre in Atlanta. (It was fantastic.) Our society has lost all decorum. It was about an hour and 20 minutes until intermission. Are you seriously telling me that you can't sit in your sit, respecting both the performers and the other paying patrons around you, for an hour and 20 minutes? You can't go 10 minutes without checking your phone? You absolutely have to speak to your friend in between every single song? It is incredibly sad how totally self-absorbed, and yet apparently unfulfilled, everybody's life is. I don't know why people are so worried about climate change or whatever, because all of civilization will have devolved into a complete shit show long before there's any global environmental destruction.

5. Flat_Rate

Flat_Rate
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I’m really surprised that the phone system Joe Rogan uses at his shows has not become mandatory for any live performance, I’d love to see it implemented in movie theaters.

Phone goes into a bag that is locked, you have to walk out and tap it on an RFID chip to unlock the bag, then they make sure your bag is locked before letting you back in.

6. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I disagree with that approach, simply because there are responsible, courteous folks who shouldn't have to deal with that hassle. Five minutes before the show started, I put my phone on silent and left it in my pocket until intermission. Then did the same for the second half.

7. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Net Nutrality ended today in America despite almost the entire country favouring it, but that takes a backseat in news for something far more important: IHOP changed one of the letters in their name.

...A mesmerizing scoop. Use deep breaths to take it all in, folks.

8. GcDiaz

GcDiaz
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I mean, it's not like there weren't entire online and phone campaigns launched to try and stop the FCC's plans, to see them fail on a 3-2 vote. People fought, because they'd naively assumed there was an actual fight to be won. There never was. I think we can forgive them for choosing to spend their psychic energies elsewhere, use up their free and fair internet minutes while they're still a thing.

9. jdoogie

jdoogie
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

As usual the marketing folks that run the Wendy's Twitter account are better at this than everyone else.

https://twitter.com/Wendys/status/1006198612349673473

10. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

11. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

That seems to be the sensible move - they need to focus more on production for the short term, or it won't matter how many creative managers they employ.

12. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I have family that works in investments and all I've heard from them is that this company is a train wreck. It increasingly looks like they may be right.

13. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Production isn’t the major problem, they can’t cant make a profit on their 3s model. Not at the current price. And almost have their cash reserves are credit-based. They need a massive cash infusion to stay afloat. They had to put up a few production centers up as credit collateral. Wall Street is about to ramp up the rape and pillaging.

14. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Ah. Well, I thought I had read a couple things about how behind they were, and saw this from the article you linked:
    I haven't followed it closely, or anything, but it just seemed to me they needed a bigger foothold in the availability market. If they have that many employees and their primary vehicle is still in unicorn status, that seems like a problem.

15. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

The article doesn’t mention that production goal is just to fulfill pre-orders, mostly. Some finance whiz broke down the cost of production. That model needs to be priced at $42K/unit for it to break even.

16. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I really want them to do well as we need to start getting serious about sustainable energy, but the way they're doing things at the moment just isn't going to work. Pricing your shit below production cost isn't a model for success, no matter how you look at it.

17. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

So, the show Roseanne is pulling a “Valerie” and continuing the show without Roseanne. Ol’ Rosey got the same recent trap door as one Carlos Estevez. Keep in mind even THAT one was only temporary.

18. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Meh, I can't really give a shit about that... she didn't do anything illegal, she only said some shit that people got outraged over, and her network reacted to try and keep on the good side of their audience. If that same outraged audience wants to keep watching the show, so be it... no big deal.

Same with Charlie Sheen... it was just a public meltdown that people watched like an international train wreck, nothing illegal, so don't care.

19. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse
    Alone in the dark, drooling on himself

The fucking desert. I hate the fucking desert.
    The summer protest season is upon us.

They've blocked the highway in Pittsburgh:

1529635399854.jpg

20. GcDiaz

GcDiaz
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Gonna be a hot summer.