Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

But Seriously...

Discussion in 'Permanent Threads' started by Juice, Jun 19, 2015.

1. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Its fucking quicker.

2. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse
    Alone in the dark, drooling on himself

The fucking desert. I hate the fucking desert.
    Just put him in the sex crimes block. Either they'll fuck him mercilessly or he'll fuck them up mercilessly.

Either way it's win/win for society.

3. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I don't understand why we can't. Why isn't there just a pill to swallow that's lethal? Can't they just give them the pill, give them anesthesia, and then they never wake up? Or something. It shouldn't be that hard, and the stories of when the injections or electric chair go wrong are bad.

I have a personal feeling on the death penalty. One of my friends and his girlfriend were murdered while I was in college. The case ended up being on Unsolved Mysteries, because they didn't know who did it. A couple tips following the show led to more evidence, that eventually led to the father of the killer finding more evidence, which led to the killer confessing. After almost 20 years of various trials and appeals (court stuff - he actually did it), he was executed without incident via electric chair. In this particular case, I still see his mom to this day. Following the murder of her only child, trials and years of more trials and new overage, she was a mess. It eventually ruined her marriage, and she suffered with depression and other battles. She was constantly hearing more about it. And, then, finally, it was over. She is much healthier today, because she got the closure of knowing her son's killer faced that finality of justice.

I know that capital crimes are rarely cut-and-dried, so I don't think the death penalty is a black & white issue, but in that case it was right, imo. And, I've seen them execute people that were marginally mentally ill - not crazy eyeball pluckers, but just slow. Not quite a window licker, but just not all there. And, that borders on cruel. But, man, I think they're doing eyeball guy a favor if they kill him.

4. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

I agree with you, or at least your point. In no way is the way we do our death penalty “humane.” Or at least more humane than the alternatives. You have the issues with all these drugs, and the debate about whether or not people feel it. Nevermind the emotional torture for them of being on death row and going through all that. Hell just do it the way they did me for my brain surgery — a lot of laughing gas then knock em out with anesthesia. They had to keep my alive on machines during the surgery, so why not just, you know, not do the machines?

You get these people now who commit murders and mass shootings and they administer their own death penalty by shooting themselves before the law has the chance to administer the death penalty they knew they were in for anyway. It’s kinda hard to argue that it’s the humane way to go. Quick, effective, cheap.

5. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I agree with you that some people definitely deserve it and if it makes the families of victims feel whole again in some way, I see that point.

Maybe we should just increase standard required to qualify for the death penalty? The amount of people who get freed from the innocence project is eye opening to say the least. I guess I just want a more fool proof system for doling our state sponsored murder.

6. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

Print CHOMO on his orange jumpsuit and toss him in general population. It’ll be like one of those natgeo things about piranhas.

7. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I guess I misread your post as talking about the judicial system in general. Yeah, I would take the quick beheading, assuming I didn't get judged in Sharia court.

That said, they do also stone people to death, but I think you can only get that sentence if you're a woman.

8. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

Or if you lived in biblical times, according to the bible.

9. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

They don’t even use physical evidence when stoning. Just an accusation of adultery from your husband is enough. Its a lovely culture that doesn’t get “appropriated” very often for some reason.

10. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

Hot take:

Twitter is the first world version of stoning

11. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Nah carbon monoxide would conjure up too many images from the Nazi gas van program to ever be publicly accepted. Nitrogen seems like the logical route.

12. Frebis

Frebis
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Just push them off a cliff. Or throw them out of a plane over the ocean.

13. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse
    Alone in the dark, drooling on himself

The fucking desert. I hate the fucking desert.
    Why are we even concerned about how humane their method of execution is? I'm pretty sure humanity never crossed their mind as they were committing their crimes, just feed them to some gators and be done with it.

14. Frebis

Frebis
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Because society is supposed to be better than the individual.

15. GTE

GTE
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

When I had to put my cat down years ago, the vet gave him one shot to relax him and a lethal dose of something. He didn't spasm, puke or anything. He just laid there and then stopped breathing. Anyone know why it doesn't work that way on people?

16. Frebis

Frebis
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It kinda does. The issue is it’s not medical professionals administering the drugs. And the state can’t get the drugs.

17. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

The ”Million Dollar Baby” method.

18. scotchcrotch

scotchcrotch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Exactly. Justice isn’t revenge.

19. AFHokie

AFHokie
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Except it's not. Theres nothing clean and quick about a beheading; especially when they fuck it up which does happen somewhat frequently

20. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I never said clean. I’m simply referring to the fact that there have been cases of lethal injection where the person took like 30-45 minutes to die. And with respect to beheadings, I’m not talking about the ISIS ones done with a steak knife. The ones done with that super heavy blade with one quick swipe are the government ones. Not saying it’s not barbaric. I’m simply saying, time it out with a stopwatch and see who dies first.