Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

But Seriously...

Discussion in 'Permanent Threads' started by Juice, Jun 19, 2015.

1. NatCH

NatCH
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

2. GcDiaz

GcDiaz
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

How hot can a forest fire burn? I ask because from the look of these pictures it seems you have entire homes just melting down to nothing. The aerial shot reminds me of Dresden, except there were no bomb blasts to knock the structures down. They just...ceased to be. That last shot of the pool is curious because the water is still there; you'd think it would evaporate, boil away.
    http://abc7news.com/photos-fires-rage-out-of-control-in-north-bay/2510797/

3. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

4. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

Dear god that audio sounds creepy. Dude is trying to manipulate the hell out of her. It sickens me to think about all the women out there who fell victim to that shit.

Also, it's a bad year for the name Harvey.

5. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

Jesus, cnn now reporting that tracer rounds were found in the Las Vegas fucker’s room but were not used for some reason.

However, that son of a bitch did use incendiary rounds when he shot the airport fuel tanks (jet fuel is designed to withstand brief contact with an open flame so they didn’t explode).

Those incendiary rounds would have been pure hell if he shot them into the concert or other hotels. And I wonder why he didn’t use the tracers?

6. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Probably realized he didn't even need them. Sure, he was 300-400 yards away, but it was a crowd of 20,000. The target was plenty big enough without having to dial in the area he was firing at.

7. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse
    Alone in the dark, drooling on himself

The fucking desert. I hate the fucking desert.
    How about when it's exposed to a car filled with Tannerite and ammonium nitrate exploding at it's base? Perhaps an accomplice was supposed to move his vehicle to a location at the base of a tank? Perhaps the woman that was running around the concert telling everyone "You're going to die tonight!" that hasn't been mentioned in about a week?

8. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I haven't been following this case as closely the last few days, but has the investigation gone anywhere? I mean, beyond "Clearly he had been planning this for a long time." Well, we knew that within the first hour of reporting.

Every time some new facts emerge they either seem trivial or just another dead end. When they find out where he bought guns, it's just another legal dealer. They go through his internet history and the guy is basically a ghost. Some details pointing to him looking at other venues for the shooting, not much else. Just more cold, emotionless planning. The girlfriend says she didn't know anything. Nothing? Really?

This case is as bizarre as it was on day 1. I'm wondering if the cops are keeping certain details under wraps, or if some of these people who knew him are lying. Not that I think they were directly involved, but they act like they didn't notice anything... it's all really fishy.

9. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

10. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

In a rare turn of bad decision making, Lindsay Lohan defends Harvey Weinstein. Seriously. How dense can one person be? An actress just came out and accused him of rape, there are multiple accusations of sexual harassment and she makes a video defending him. Good lord.

Honestly, I think everyone who wasnt directly victimized by him is complicit in this. You knew it happened, and you did nothing when you had the power to because of your own self-interest.

11. ODEN

ODEN
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The reactions from the media and Hollywood are telling really (The Clintons as well, hard to bite the hand that feeds, not only that, it's hard criticize inappropriate behavior with young women you have power over when well you know....). All of the grandstanding about Trump during the election and afterwards is nothing but emptiness. Everyone can clearly see just how morally bankrupt they truly are, just like the other side. The delayed reactions and pulling punches when it's one of their own, the same behavior by both sides. It is and always will be about power, morality never enters the picture until someone is caught to the point that it can't be defended anymore.

12. Zach

Zach
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

When I read this I immediately thought it was her thinking maybe if she jumped up to defend him he could make her relevant again... Then someone with half a brain slapped some sense into her and got the posts deleted.

13. downndirty

downndirty
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Am I the only one baffled by this being front-and-center news with everything else going on? I mean this dude was a Hollywood prick to the point that they put him in Tropic Thunder. I just don't understand why anyone is surprised. Sure Bill Cosby that was shocking.... this dude it's kind of expected. I love how suddenly a lot of people are acting like they wouldn't have used this power themselves.

I mean don't get me wrong hey f*** this guy but don't we have bigger priorities than assholes be ass holing?

14. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Celebrities ARE the number one priority or did you forget where you live? How are people supposed to come up with an opinion without a celebrity to give it to them?

15. ODEN

ODEN
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Absolutely.

-We still have no idea why or how this shooting occurred in Vegas. A shooting that happens to be the largest body count in modern times.
    -Puerto Rico is in shambles. Decades of failed Governance has come home to roost and there is no way for them to hide it and blame FEMA.
    -North Korea is non-news. The only way that war kicks off is if we or the SKs fire the first shot.
    -NFL is non-news. The product peaked a few years ago and is going to contract now. The product is garbage (anyone watch that Monday Night Game? Me either.), concussions are a real and long-term problem and politics are clearly bad for business.
    -Stock market is overcooking, employment numbers, GDP, etc still stagnant. Biggest story may be auto loan delinquencies and what that may unleash on the market.
    -Legislature still can't get anything done from Obamacare rollback/replace to budget to tax cuts. Republicans are looking at a coup in 2018 where their incumbents are likely to face their stiffest competition from other Republicans while Democrats can't stop talking Trump and Identity politics.

But, instead, let's discuss one of the notorious Hollywood scumbags. Too bad we can't discuss pedophilia and child abuse in Hollywood, that would be a much more interesting conversation. When it happens, I can't wait to watch Hollywood burn to the ground.

#7635 ODEN, Oct 11, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2017
  16. downndirty

downndirty
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

When I think about the biggest change in the past few years, it's the proliferation of truly fringe ideas at the center of our discourse.

To add some perspective: what OTHER president would entertain Alex Jones as legitimate? How did such an obvious fraud make it to the level he did?

I also think much of our current shared identity is communal and tribal, not national. Forty years ago, we likely all watched the same 3 channels and that was our shared culture. Twenty, sure it was maybe 40 channels, but there was still a ton of overlap. Now? What, Game of Thrones and racism are our shared cultural identity?

I think a lot of the things we regard as institutions are eroding and will continue to erode. The whole "Millenials are killing Applebee's" thing can actually be extrapolated to mean "we are saturated by choices, so why choose the same bland corporate shit?" I think we're seeing a remarkable turning point in how things are marketed to Americans: I will vehemently disengage from companies trying to sell me shit I will never buy, and I am innately suspicious of marketing. A facebook ad with a jacket that looks like Ryan Gosling's in Blade Runner gets my attention, but a commercial for a Pitbull cruise in my gym or a tampon ad during the news (ffs) just turns me off of the whole medium, and I double down on the things that get it right.

With that said, you would think the news could find an immense source of value in simply being objective, educational and God help us, meaningful. But the precise opposite has happened, and I can't understand it. What matters to us more: the worst mass shooting in history, millions of Americans being destitute, a topsy-turvy economy that needs explanation, or a sleazy Hollywood dick rag that used his position to get pussy?

17. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse

Remember President Obama's adviser on race relations?

download.jpg

18. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse

OK. Now I'm really starting to think they're covering something up here.

Las Vegas shooter's home broken into despite intense FBI, police interest

How the hell does this even happen?

Also, back to the security guard that was shot after, then before, the main shooting. LVMPD allowed him to leave town before the FBI spoke to him. There's just to much bullshit going on with this investigation.

19. audreymonroe

audreymonroe
    Expand Collapse
    The most powerful cervix... in the world...

You think a civil rights activist is equivalent to a guy who peddled a conspiracy that Sandy Hook was a false flag and launched a harassment campaign on the parents of murdered children?

20. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse

Yes.