Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

But Seriously...

Discussion in 'Permanent Threads' started by Juice, Jun 19, 2015.

1. trojanstf

trojanstf
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Completely agree. Didn't mean that one as a partisan thing. I check fox and CNN most days just to see what the headlines are and try to read through as fast as possible before the urge to throw my computer across the room kicks in. Fox just happened to be the target of today's frustration.

2. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

He is a walking migraine. More bullshit posturing from the guy who is rich because his dad is a bonifide criminal who destroyed people for money. If he sold drugs he'd be left with nothing, but Wall Street scum get to keep everything and leave it to their fake soldier sons.

"Let me show you my creds": I never made in through training so paid $2 million to play a serviceman in Lone Survivor. Then I sued for not getting enough lines. Me, the amateur who PAID TO BE IN A MOVIE.

How in the fuck did this guy somehow get press from a repulsive massacre? Stick him and his Halloween costume beard on the same shelf as Kanye and Ryan Lochte and let him rot already.

3. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Are people honestly so stupid that they're acting like this is news whatsoever? Are you fucking kidding me?

"BREAKING: Biggest asshole in the entire Academy Of Motion Pictures turns out to be asshole."

How are you going to damage a guy who has a reputation of firing everyone he works with multiple times and throws phones at their heads after ripping it from the walls? The most miserable and tantrum-throwing cunt on the entire Hollywood scene for the past three decades and NOW his time has come? You can't ruin a Hollywood studio head because math: how do you ruin somebody who's so rich that they couldn't go broke no mattter HOW hard they tried? Go ahead and chase him out of town. He'll just go buy a small country and live there.

4. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

As predicted, bump stocks/slide stocks are sold out everywhere. People are gonna flip these for thousands a piece, watch. Hilarious for something that barely works and causes a crazy amount of jams (honestly I think that’s why he had so many rifles, just so when one jammed he’d switch to another).

NRA is saying the ATF should look into tighter regulations on them. Those cheap pieces of plastic are gonna be the sacrificial lamb for the nra and it’s gonna work.

Meanwhile, every gun shop owner and his brother is buying a brand new 3D printer after selling out the bump stocks he had collecting dust in old inventory until that prick made them en vogue.

5. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

The Second Amendment Foundation is a far better advocacy group than the NRA. The NRA doesnt give a shit about bump stocks, they care about the election thats exactly 13 months from today and the Republicans pussing out on semi-automatics. Thats why theyre throwing them a bone. Now you guys know what its like living in a blue state.

To be fair, I dont give a rats ass about bump stocks either. As long as they dont pull that registry shit they fucked up in New York.

6. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

Reports coming out now that he tried to buy tracer rounds at a gun show but couldn’t find any in stock.

Perhaps he doesn’t realize that tracer rounds work both ways?

7. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Probably didn't give a shit about them pointing back to him. I mean, seriously... as hard as it is to shoot down, it's equally as hard to shoot up, and with all the rooms around him, nobody would safely try and do it for fear of hitting other rooms on either side or above and below. The guy probably could have been standing in the window with a spot light on him yelling, "here I am!" and been perfectly safe.

The dude just wanted to watch the shots, and it would have helped him walk them onto specific targets.

I also think the Tannerite was to blow up a car or something by shooting at it... but he probably found more restrictive parking rules once he actually got there so had to bail on it.

8. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse
    Alone in the dark, drooling on himself

The fucking desert. I hate the fucking desert.
    What they really need to do is make a compromise deal. Give them the bump stocks, but get 50 state conceal/carry reciprocity, that would be a perfect compromise.

9. GcDiaz

GcDiaz
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

People's Republic of Massachusetts would never go for that. My CCW expires next year, for once I'm actually glad I live in a town that leans red.

10. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Gun board I frequent is going into full meltdown mode against the NRA not defending bump stocks to the death. Not another inch or they won't get another cent from me etc etc. As much as I believe we should be free to live as we choose and live with the consequences (not just with guns but say drug use and other libertarian-esque notions) I actually agree with what the NRA did tactically since the political reality of the current situation is against them. I mean I guess they could have just said nothing and pressured congress from behind the scenes but the idea of bump stocks in general invalidates the long held argument of the real world difference of semi auto vs full auto. They are setting up capital to defend against the inevitable semi auto/assault weapon push in years to come.

I also have to give it to Hillary Clinton. Her tweeting about supressors hours after the shooting is probably the most politically savvy thing she's done in years on a single issue. It was meant to scuttle the SHARE act, which it did, and at the same time tied supressors, fairly usefull and benign hunting equipement, to a horrific event they had nothing to do with. She took the consequence free hit of politicizing an issue in ghoulish fashion to make it a national talking point when it had only been on gun enthusiast and hard core gun control advocates minds prior to Sunday.

11. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse

I think the funniest thing to come out of it is his statement that he's now being tutored on how to act like a civilized human being. And then declared war on the NRA and Trump.

#7591 toytoy88, Oct 6, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2017
  12. downndirty

downndirty
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The crazy part is a Vegas hotel room is probably the best bang for your buck in terms of private, secure and easy access. I can't think of another publicly available place that's so fortified, private that you could carry thousands of rounds into without a raised eyebrow.

I also can't understand the logic behind getting upset at the firepower technology used here, as if it will prevent the next one if no one has bump stocks.

13. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Since he shot up the fuel tanks at the airport, maybe he had hoped to shoot up his own car, too. Or, other tannerite he had placed. I'm surprised he didn't shoot indiscriminately into the Luxor, too. From his corner suite, he could have.

14. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse

From what I've heard only two bullets hit the tanks, so I'm guessing those were just strays. I doubt he could've targeted anything specific that wasn't at least a couple of acres in size.

15. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Not in a million years. The Massachusetts AG is a fucking airhead when it comes to firearms. Even the most gun-control promoting liberals scratch their heads at some her logic and statements. She wants to ban AR-15s because, and I quote, "they look frightening." She also wants to come up with a registry of CCW holders.

16. downndirty

downndirty
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Um....pardon my ignorance, but doesn't a database of the CCW permits already issued constitute a "registry"?

This, for me, is the stupidest part of the entire gun debate: no one knows shit. We don't know how many guns there are, who owns them, where they are, how they are used in crimes, etc. We have 400 million firearms in this country, and we don't STUDY them. Each and every one of us got a vastly different firearms education, with no standard baseline. I say that because every year there are....a number of deaths resulting from mishandling of firearms. I'd love to quote you a single statistic, but good fucking luck finding one that's from a reliable, objective source.

Simple question: how many people did police officers shoot in 2016? Or hell, 2014? We don't study this, so we don't know. We don't know, so we're easy to scare. When we're scared, we make stupid ass decisions, like blaming the fucking bump-stock for an asshole shooting 500 people. Like if he didn't have the ability to simulate full auto fire (I swear to holy bleeding Christ some news outlet actually name dropped Call of Duty), he would have said "fuck it man, it's not even worth killing 59 people and injuring hundreds more."

The futility of this "debate" is ridiculous. 600 people are bleeding on the pavement, and Hillary tweets about a fucking silencer, something that has no relevance to this incident, firearm safety, gun crime, or her own life. The closest she's been to a suppressor is watching a Goddamned Steven Segal movie, and this political non-entity somehow swoops in from the gallows of irrelevance to remind us that she's a tasteless political opportunist who couldn't beat Donald Fucking Trump in a competition based on character.

Logic would dictate if you want to solve the problem of mass shootings in our country, you would first have to understand the problem. Guns being the underlying cause of the problem makes sense, and yet we have no reliable data nor any engine to collect, assess and analyze said data. I can use Grinder to tell you who in the room sucks a mean penis, but I can't determine the risk factors for getting shot, or who in my state has more than 30 firearms, or if someone in my neighborhood has a weapon normally reserved for eliminating tanks from the field of battle in Afghanistan. To compound that, if I did know that information, I wouldn't have a baseline of education to understand the risks.

17. walt

walt
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Talk about a Charlie Foxtrot. That SAFE Act did absolutely dick other than giving Cuomo another feather in his hat if and when he decides to run for President. Now not only do the County Sheriffs administer CCW permits, but we have to deal with the bureaucracy of New York State Police as well.

As for the NRA, fuck them. They offered no support to the Astorino/Moss campaign that would have done away with the SAFE Act. The NRA will never get another cent from me.

18. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Technically. But most states exempt the CCW registry from all queries, including an exemption from FOIA requests. The reason I brought up New York previously is because what immediately happened when they attempted it. They created a public registry of guns in the state. Barely 10% of gun owners complied with the registration requirements and local PD's refused to enforce it. Then, a FOIA request was immediately issued and forced State of NY's hand into releasing the information. Some newspaper then went and immediately published the registration details of every one of the registrants to publicly shame them, and in turn jeopardizing their privacy and safety. The program was a massive failure, validated gun owner's concerns with such a law, and it just sits there completely unenforced from a registration standpoint.

Then in a turnabout, some lawyer published the names and addresses of each one of the journalists at the organization as a "Gun Free" list and they completely lost their shit. And they were offered "Gun Free Home" signs to put on their front lawn. Not a single one would do it.

As for your second point, I fully agree. I brought it up before, but research and data on gun ownership and overall violence statistics are laughably weak and underfunded.

19. downndirty

downndirty
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It's an interesting thought experiment. How would you collect information about the guns in circulation without setting off alarms?

I would imagine you start gradually, asking in a census-style format. "Does your household possess zero guns, 1-5, 5+/ that sort of thing" and start tracking gun purchases/transfers in general. I can imagine the obstinance of my family/circle of friends alone, much less the entire state of Texas going "why yew wanna know?".

Or perhaps, asking "Estimate the value of the guns in your home if you were to sell them" and break into tiers, then pair that with research around what a gun goes for in each state, to get SOME kind of indicator.

I can't imagine this data being used against you. No sir. Not our government.

20. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I know outsiders think gun nuts are all illogical but the CDC not being funded for gun crime stems from the fact, as I remember it, that the orginal champion of the idea of studying gun crimes at the CDC turned out to be a gun control advocate and later left the CDC to lobby for gun control. It set off huge alarms that the government agency could be biased from the jump. Never mind the fact that it's like the negative scoring of a DUI test, guns aren't going to get any points for all the times a bullet is fired and doesn't hit somebody (hunting sporting etc) just the times it intersects with public health.