Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

But Seriously...

Discussion in 'Permanent Threads' started by Juice, Jun 19, 2015.

1. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

I just don't understand why these two cops were so angry about it in the first place. The blood was to clear the victim of a crash, not nail the criminal instigator who was killed. It was (I think) an auxiliary cop who was unconscious and they just wanted to show he was clean and not liable in the crash.

And according to a recent CNN post, the arresting cop was told (not ordered) not to bother and another division/agency would get the sample.

Besides being idiotic, it's so strange. They were even scheming to sneak into the ward to get the sample without the hospital's consent ON CAMERA. Something is rotten in Denmark here.

2. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Not to mention possible jail time. Blood is property owned only by us. Could in not constitute theft or even assault?

3. dixiebandit69

dixiebandit69
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

That's what's pissing me off most about this case.

Let's say hypothetically that the truck driver smoked pot on the weekends, or hell, that he was drunk at the time. What the fuck difference would that make as far as the accident goes?

The worst part is, that would probably get the cops off the hook.

4. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

5. Dcc001

Dcc001
    Expand Collapse
    New Bitch On Top

Has this been mentioned here yet? I read it as an article on my twitter feed.

The cop was not "rogue" or acting out of turn. The injured man (who I believe might be an off-duty police officer) was injured due to an accident caused by a high speed chase. In an circumstance like this there's a HIGH probability that the department has an off-the-books procedure to obtain any and all information that will discredit the injured party to help mitigate the civil lawsuit that will be coming as a result of the chase.

So, in actuality, what you witnessed on that tape is way worse than a singular abuse of justice. What you saw was the department's bag man doing his job - trying to collect evidence that would be used against the injured man if he attempted to sue due to his injuries. The gamble that a nurse won't know the rules the majority of the time and the millions of dollars it saves is worth the occasional PR nightmare when a body camera shows what they're doing.

6. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

It wasn't even their case, and the department who's case it was didn't want the sample.

The cop and his duty officer are in a fair bit of shit, because they are the ones that were stupid enough to do it while being recorded (video and audio of the phone calls) on body cams. They will most assuredly be thrown under the bus now that the local prosecutor has asked the FBI to step in and investigate.

That being said, I've always believed that behaviour like that exists because it exists at the top of the food chain. This is probably behaviour that is pervasive throughout the department, but hopefully it will be addressed now that the spotlight has been pointed at it.

The Chief is at least smart enough to realize the shit he's in, and is bending over backwards to try and make things right, but he's probably as much to blame for the behaviour as those who did it.

7. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Oh look, Sheriff Joe Clarke has resigned without any given reason. The reason doesn't matter, the fact he's finally gone does. One more shitty, attention-whoring law enforcer society can do without.

8. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Isnt he joining Trump's administration in a non-cabinet role?

9. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

I was hoping he quit after starving another one of his inmates to death. He's being sued for that right now.

Although I wouldn't put it past Trump not to hire another fucktard who (like Sessions) wants police to have full immunity to any Punishment.

10. GcDiaz

GcDiaz
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Last I checked, GEN Kelly put the kabosh on any cabinet posting he might've thought he had coming. So he quit his job and now has nothing.

11. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse
    Alone in the dark, drooling on himself

The fucking desert. I hate the fucking desert.
    South Korea is putting together a commando group to possibly take out Fat Boy. Let's hope this goes better then when they tried to take out his grandfather.

"They were bootblacks, hobos, acrobats -- 31 ex-cons and ruffians plucked out of prison or off the streets and offered one last chance for redemption: to sneak into North Korea and kill its president, Kim Il Sung.

But nothing went according to plan. Their mission aborted, they ended up killing their trainers, fighting their way into the South Korean capital and blowing themselves up. "

12. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yeah but Margot Robie was hot as fuck in it.

13. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse

National news hasn't reported it yet, but there has been a shooting at a high school just outside of Spokane. The Spokesman Review is reporting 6 shot.

14. audreymonroe

audreymonroe
    Expand Collapse
    The most powerful cervix... in the world...

The news seems to have lost interest in shootings. I barely heard anything about the guy who killed his ex for wanting to leave him, along with 8 of her friends, the other day either. (Maybe 9, I can't remember if the total body count included his or not.)

15. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse

Interesting choice of words:

Capture.PNG

Followed by:

Capture1.PNG

16. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Domestic violence isn't as sexy as random meaningless slaughter.

17. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse

Sad story just got sadder.

Capture.PNG

Meanwhile, one local TV station left their comments open. What a shit show.

18. downndirty

downndirty
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Anyone paying attention to the Equifax hack?

EF: "We lost all your information. Sorry"
    The world: "Well, can you block unauthorized people from using?"
    EF: "Sure, for $16.95/month"
    The world: "Fuck you, you fucking fuck."

How are these guys not going under from this hack?

19. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

The whole credit checking thing is a fucking scam, anyway.

If a bank erroneously and improperly gives someone else credit in your name, how the FUCK is it your fault, and not the bank's? They should be the ones who have to clean up the mess that they made for you.

20. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yes. And, aren't the main customers for Equifax the lenders? I would think individuals paying for their service is a small number. So, they didn't harm their main customer base. What do they care?