Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Breaking Bad: Season 5

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Juice, Jul 15, 2012.

1. GcDiaz

GcDiaz
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

So uh, not to beat a dead horse...

But now that the police have raided the Nazi compound, and possibly found Jesse's confession tape, you think he's really gonna break free? Maybe they'll let him slide based on having cooperated with Hank and being a victim himself.

2. gamecocks

gamecocks
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Re: Re: Breaking Bad: Season 5

Assume they destroyed the tape after they raided Hanks.

3. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yeah I'd say since a decent amount of time had passed since they raided his house and kept Jessie cooking. Im betting they destroyed it after watching it a few times. You wonder how much info they did have on Jessie there besides that.

So why would knowing Hank's grave help Skylar cut a deal? It seems like the exact type of thing prosecutors would throw fits over bargaining over a dead agents body. Maybe, maybe a reduced charge? Still Skylar could be on the hook for some serious criminal shit. Im also not a 100 percent on Walt's plan for the last 10 million. I mean Walt Jr isn't retarded, I don't see him just accepting a 10 million dollar windfall from basically random strangers. What ever excuse they use I just feel he'd figure it was part of his father's blood money and he seems to not want a part in it.

4. gamecocks

gamecocks
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Re: Re: Re: Breaking Bad: Season 5

Skyler is white collar. No violent crime equals a good bargaining chip for something no one else knows. With how tight this show was, I'd assume grey matters spin would continue. Jr. Wpuld take it at face. Skyler would swallow her pride/principles to care for her family.

5. iczorro

iczorro
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Walt also told Skylar that all the drug money was spent.

6. lhprop1

lhprop1
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

#1: No fucking "I". It's Jesse. Jessie is the feminine version of the name.

#2: Walt Jr/Flynn actually is kind of retarded. He picks stupid pseudonyms, spits a lot when he speaks, and has an unhealthy obsession with pancakes. That sounds pretty damn retarded to me.

7. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm not sure if #2 was supposed to be funny. I think it was because I think calling someone retarded is funny. However he does have cerebral palsy in real life but they told him to amp it up for the show. He's not as severe as the show portrays him.

8. Superfantastic

Superfantastic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Only loose end-ish thing I'm thinking about is Jesse. He got away, and got to kill Todd, and that's all awesome, but can he poke his head up anywhere? Marie knows enough to have mentioned that the kid was living with them and working with Hank. She may have even seen the confession tape and know that he killed Gale. At the very least, he's wanted for some serious questioning, if it's found out he's alive. He can't exactly stroll into child protective services to check on Brock (like I assume he'd want to) and his house, with any money he may have left, has gotta be seized. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad he got out alive, but it doesn't seem like clear sailing ahead.

Anyways, great finish. Kinda predictable, but not in a bad way. Fitting that only Heisenberg could (inadvertently) end up killing Heisenberg. A bit out-of-character for Marie to not take in Skylar and Flynn, but it made for a sweet reunion scene. Him scaring the shit out of the Schwartzezez was tits.

9. toddus

toddus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The one thing I can't reconcile was how Walt got from the bar and back to the cabin to retreive the money without getting caught. So he left the bar and hid out for an undetermined period of time in the snow covered car. Fine. Then how did he get back to the cabin that was a short stroll away and retreive the money before getting out of there and not being caught?

The dude is the most wanted man in the country. Surely some bumfuck town is being roadblocked up pretty damn quick. Further to that how long before the abandoned cabin a short stroll away is found along with his money? The whole thing jsut seems to have been washed over.

10. lhprop1

lhprop1
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It was supposed to be funny, but not cheap-shot funny. I intentionally chose traits that would be indicative of someone with low intelligence. Hence, the stupid pseudonym, spits while talking, and unhealthy obsession with pancakes references.

Not to mention, RJ has questionable choice of clothing.

Attached Files:

11. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Jesus. He looks like a giggolo.

12. E. Tuffmen

E. Tuffmen
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I don't think it takes much suspension of disbelief to believe someone as brilliant and clever as Walt, given his obvious new found determination at that moment, could elude capture from some bumfuck local cops. Don't forget he had longer hair and was dressed up like an Eskimo with that coat. The place he was staying seemed pretty remote and well picked out by the "get a new life guy".

As far as Jesse (no i), after almost being shot in the head and held captive for, what nearly a year? I don't think he gave much of a shit about money or any of that other crap. As far as him being sought after, it was probably assumed, since he was working with Hank, that he's dead too. No reason why he couldn't just skip to Alaska on his own. Again, not much of a stretch to willingly suspend disbelief.

And I have now lost all respect for Walt Jr. Sheesh what a get up. Maybe he's dressed for another roll?

13. lhprop1

lhprop1
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Perhaps he's starring in "Bieberworld! The Musical"

14. Superfantastic

Superfantastic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Except the reason that he's completely penniless, can't go home and probably requires some level of medical attention. Also probably wants to see or even care for Brock.

Again, I'm not saying this is some big flaw, or that it ruined the ending or anything. At all. It's what I hoped would happen. Just pointing out that as deliriously happy as he was driving away, he's only free and clear for as much gas is in the tank. Hopefully he makes it to Skinny Pete and Badger and they have the decency to give him some of their hit man cash.

15. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yeah, I don't see too much of a stretch for each. Is it revealed that the car Walt stole was in the bars lot or some lot further off where the cops might have passed to begin with? Either way more wanted people have slipped through more (see Boston bombers). Since his cabin was so secluded I'd guess chances are good no one would notice him return with a car or spot him if they hadn't already done so before this. I mean the whole processes of retrieving the money could have been less than 15-20 minutes not including the drive.

I can also see your point that Jesse could be presumed dead as well. But where he goes from there will be the lingering mystery.

16. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

They could have done another season and I don't think it would have beleaguered the show. It could have been around Madrigal or even just the Nazis, but I guess it's better to not fuck it up.

17. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

I think you guys have the false expectation that the finale was supposed to wrap up every story line. It wrapped up Walt's. It showed the end of the line for him and the end of his empire.

18. audreymonroe

audreymonroe
    Expand Collapse
    The most powerful cervix... in the world...

#438 audreymonroe, Oct 2, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015
  19. mav_ian

mav_ian
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I found it slightly anticlimactic, mostly to do with the m60 even though I found it inventive, but my expectations were probably just too high. All in all it was a great way to end the show, I thought. I'm glad it wrapped up as much as it did, and really any nitpicking now would just be wholly unnecessary.
    I'm probably too used to the structure of movies; I'm not big on serialised storytelling, and really haven't caught much of the shows that represent the "golden age of television," if for no other reason than I'm disorganised and lazy. I perhaps had in mind a larger scale finale in my head thanks to Vince Gilligan's -throwaway- reference to Scarface. I mean I wasn't picturing him screaming profanities at an army of hit-men, but something perhaps a little more public, that saw him go out in a blaze of gunfire.
    While watching this final season, especially the last half, I couldn't help be reminded of The Dark Knight Returns, and how the stakes in that story begin relatively small, with one man struggling with his inner torment on the wrong side of middle age, but ramps right up until in the end he punches the face of God (Superman). Of course, Breaking Bad managed to hold on to the scale it began with for the most part, and the ending stayed true to that, which I don't feel used to- hence being thrown a little.

20. Clutch

Clutch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I do wonder a little bit about how he got in touch with Beaver and the other one.