Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Breaking Bad: Season 5

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Juice, Jul 15, 2012.

1. kuhjäger

kuhjäger
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I haven't seen Granite State, but that is my own fault.

I would have just figured that there being no authority figure to say, "you're still in remission, bitch" might have meant something.

2. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

It would be a great twist if Jesse is the last man standing and becomes so fucked up that he (eventually) becomes the new meth kingpin and assumes the Heisenberg pseudonym. The twist is, it's about him Breaking Bad, not Walt. The last shot is him suiting up to cook with his own crew.

3. iczorro

iczorro
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I think Walt will take out the Nazis, Jesse will kill Walt, and somehow the money will get back to the family. That's my prediction.

4. Flat_Rate

Flat_Rate
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

If this happens I'll be surprised, although most things I have read have predicted this for the ending.

5. mad5427

mad5427
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Spoiler as I can't believe I haven't even read this as a possible idea. Wow. It's commercial now so I still don't know if this is what will happen but if it does, very very very happy right now.

Holy crap. He's going to give the money to his old partners to give to his family. They have enough that it wouldn't be suspicious.

6. JoeCanada

JoeCanada
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

My flight got cancelled, I'm stuck in Seattle, and I missed the first 8 minutes of the episode... up until Walt is on the pay phone talking about a photographer or something. If anyone's reading this as the episode's playing, you mind giving me a 15 second recap of anything I missed??

7. Clutch

Clutch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

He stole a volvo. That's about it

8. scotchcrotch

scotchcrotch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I read that ending as Walt taking credit for the blue meth made by Jesse and Todd.

What an amazing show with a satisfying finale.

9. Frebis

Frebis
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I think it is more like he died with his loved ones.

10. E. Tuffmen

E. Tuffmen
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

In contrast to Dexter this was a beautiful, logical, satisfying conclusion to a fantastic series. Like the coda of a beautiful symphony. I've already got the boxed set on my Christmas list. Out of all the really great shows that are out on DVD, I have never before wanted to own a set as bad as I want this one.

I KNEW Lydia was getting that ricin. As soon as she spun that sugar holder around and flipped through to her chosen sweetener, I knew that bitch was ricin toast. And I KNEW the Schwartz's were going to play some kind of roll. Just wasn't sure what roll it would be. Brilliant.

11. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Somewhat anti-climactic, but a fair-to-midland ending.

Great show overall. I will miss looking forward to new episodes.

12. mad5427

mad5427
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Somewhat expected but that ending was perfect. Every loose end that needed to got tied up. Very satisfying. I actually think that this ending elevates an already amazing show and it all went down the way it should have. The last few episodes were all tense and climactic. This felt right.

Lydia. Perfect. Todd. Perfect. And we got to see two lovable idiots one last time in a perfect way.

13. lhprop1

lhprop1
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

There's one loose end that wasn't tied up. I want to know if Huell is still nervously sitting in that hotel room.

14. Now Slappy

Now Slappy
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

That's all I could think of after the show ended.

15. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

That ending was perfect. And not to mention how Gilligan tossed this in there.

The care, the attention to detail, the callbacks, the easter eggs. Fucking perfect.

16. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

This review puts in good words.

While I thought it tied everything up quite nice it did seem to lack some punch. I thought the last scene with Walt and Jesse kind of underwhelmed when given all theyve been through together and knowing what Walt confessed to Jessie. I think the reviewer has a point that it felt off that they gave much more time in the last episode devoted to tying up Lydia and Todd over Jessie. It felt good to see Jessie get out alive in the end. There were some really good scenes though. The whole scene at the Schwartz's was classic Breaking Bad tension pulled off perfectly. I liked the last scene with Skylar and leaving his kids.

I guess the next discussion is where does the show rank all time. I still think The Sopranos is the top with this or Mad Men duking it out for the 2nd spot. I still have friends that refuse to hear anything but The Wire as number one.

17. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Thank you internet for backing me up.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.buzzfeed.com/ryanhatesthis/18-fun-easter-eggs-in-the-breaking-bad-series-finale" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.buzzfeed.com/ryanhatesthis/1 ... ies-finale</a>

18. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Got some PMs about it based on the previous post. Don't get me wrong, the finale was great. It was a 3-run homer, just not a grand slam. Overall, it's my favorite show of all time, even more so than the Sopranos, which I hold near and dear to my heart, only because that show ran a season or two too long.

And The Wire? Please. Most overrated show of all time.

19. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

In regards to Jesse* (no i fuckers), I think the point was they've said all they're going to say. There is no point of talking, when Jesse doesn't believe a word Walt says and everything Walt has said to him has been a lie. I think that's the point. Jesse wanted him to say he needed it (the killshot), because Jesse wanted to feel needed and not bullshit him. Then he finally told him the truth and that was it. Nothing else to say. The action of saving him was all that was left (with a robot no less).

20. guernica

guernica
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

#420 guernica, Sep 30, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015