Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Breaking Bad Season 4

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by dubyu tee eff, Jul 13, 2011.

1. toejam

toejam
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

The finale was totally awesome, don't get me wrong, but I think that bit was a little over the top. Also, agreed on the vibe in Gus flashback scenes at Don Eladio's pool. Dude was gay.

The interplay in Season 5 has to be between Walt and Hank. Hank's entire plot line this season revolved around his rediscovering himself as a smart drug cop. There is no way he will ignore the massive coincidence of Hector (Tio) and Gus being killed together. Also, the show is generally smart enough that the police should discover the bomb was detonated by Hector. I think this will initially lead Hank toward the cartels, especially given his personal history, and the DEA's awareness of the "hit" on Eladio's crew, which was briefly mentioned a few episodes ago. But he's going to get to Walt eventually, and it's going to be fucking epic.

But no way do they set up another criminal villain. Earlier in the thread someone said Walt is the antagonist now. I couldn't agree more.

2. Whothehell

Whothehell
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I'm leaning the opposite way on this point. No, I don't think he saved the video to his laptop, but I would think he would have taken some of it and secured it somewhere to hold as leverage against Want + Jesse.

He knew Wallt was plotting against him and that could make a great dagger to hold over his head.

3. Renholder

Renholder
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

After hearing everyone talking about this show but never really knowing what it was about, I finally sat down and watched season 1-3 on Netflix over the past few weeks. I really didn't think much of it for a while, but I kept watching just because the meth scene isn't something I've seen too much of and it was interesting. I really didn't like any of the characters except for Jesse. But season 3 was amazing. And at after the finale cliff hanger I saw just now, I immediately jumped online to find the season 4 torrent. I'm staying up all night until this finishes just to watch it.

4. dubyu tee eff

dubyu tee eff
    Expand Collapse
    Thinks he has a chance with Christina Hendricks...

A friend of mine sent this to me and I found it pretty interesting. It's an interview of Vince Gilligan walking through season 4, episode by episode. Pretty long, but a very interesting read to any fan of the show. Made me want to watch the whole thing all over again.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.avclub.com/articles/vince-gilligan-walks-us-through-season-four-of-bre,63013/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.avclub.com/articles/vince-gi ... bre,63013/</a>

5. Kerbunked

Kerbunked
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

The actor who plays Gus on Breaking Bad is doing an "Ask me Anything" on Reddit. If you guys wanted to check it out, he said he's going to start answering everything at 2:30 p.m. today.

Here's the link.

6. Timo

Timo
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

I am almost through the 4th season of this show, so I had to skip through to the end without reading anything.

<a class="postlink" href="http://killertvmd.wordpress.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://killertvmd.wordpress.com</a>

I have been writing a blog about the medical errors on TV shows. My latest post is about the second season finale ABQ, when Walt has his surgery. Let me know what you think. Good or bad.

7. iczorro

iczorro
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Nerdist Podcast with Aaron Paul wherein he mentions that they occasionally dress up as each other's characters at parties. Although the chicken suit was a job Aaron used to actually have.

There's another Nerdist Podcast episode with Cranston somewhere earlier.

8. iczorro

iczorro
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Now that we know parts A and B are true, I believe that the last sixteen eps will be Walt taking over the meth trade, then getting out, only to have cancer kill him.

I mean, it was the motivating factor of the series, right?

9. iczorro

iczorro
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

This is my hope/idea. The kid stole a cig from his pack. Didn't know about how you never take a lucky, he's too young for that.

Great fucking catalyst, the kid misunderstanding and getting poisoned...

10. iczorro

iczorro
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Ok, just watched the entire series over the last week and a half or so.

A. Walt is not the genius criminal mastermind everyone seems to think he is. He's a very good Chemistry teacher that has found a calling above and beyond what he thought he could do. He will do what he can to keep his family safe.

but B. He's not Gus Fring...

11. lhprop1

lhprop1
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

With Game of Thrones over, I really need the new season of BB to start, pronto. I've searched, but I can't find a date of this season's premiere. All it says is "late summer". Has anyone heard a specific date yet?

12. DaVoN

DaVoN
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

I thought it was established at the end of the episode that Walt poisoned the kid with the plant he had growing in his yard. The doctors came back and said it was form some plant "Lilly of the Valley" and the next shot is Walter sitting next to his pool with the plant right next to him. So he did poison Brock, to get Jesse back on his side, just not with the ricin cigarette.

13. lhprop1

lhprop1
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

This doesn't deal specifically with Breaking Bad, but according to this article, both the DEA and drug manufacturers have very high tech labs currently trying to develop drugs like Walt and Gus did. <a class="postlink" href="http://www.spin.com/#articles/bathlands-deep-heart-americas-new-drug-nightmare?page=2" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.spin.com/#articles/bathlands ... are?page=2</a>

They even use "Kafkaesque" in the article, which if you recall, was the title of one of the earlier episodes of BB.