Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Breaking Bad Season 4

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by dubyu tee eff, Jul 13, 2011.

1. Sponge

Sponge
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

Amazing way to end off the season. What's next for Walter White and Jesse Pinkman. Especially now that the FBI knows Jesse's name.The smart move would be to quit while you're ahead and just focus on the car wash so I think we can rule that out for Walt. What does Skyler do now that she knows Walt has killed at least 3 people. I'm so bad at predicting this show I need to start using the Costanza method. I cannot for the life of me see this series ending well for the White family at all so I guess the safe bet is sunshine and flowers from here on out.

2. SwampDonkey

SwampDonkey
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I called the poisoning!! It makes even more sense now considering the scene last (two?) episodes ago, when he was spinning the gun, it pointed to the plant, and Walt looked like he got an idea. Never thought it would be that actual plant. Holy shit, when Gus walked out after getting blown up, I thought he was a terminator for a second. Next season has to be about the DEA getting close to Walt. No way they introduce new cartel players.

3. SMUGolfer

SMUGolfer
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Now that Walt has destroyed the competition, I think his ego doesn't allow him to walk away from such a void in the market. That's the best part, is he will completely "break bad" and end up alone next season. Or so I'm guessing

4. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Me thinks Hank won't take Gus' death and the laundry mat fire sitting down. Too much evidence on Gus' end to be taken care of burning just the lab. I wonder how or if they'll turn Jesse against Walt. I have to give it to Walt, poisoning the kid was a huge gamble. I'd have to go back and see how he could have snagged Jesse's cigarette (tipping Jesse off of the possibility of poisoning). Or how he could have gotten the kid to take the berries in the first place. For it to work out in Gus like fashion for Walt seems to be kind of out there...

5. Thorgouge

Thorgouge
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Am I the only one that thinks Gus is going to come back next season basing all his decisions off of a coin toss?

6. E. Tuffmen

E. Tuffmen
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

HOLY FUCKING SHIT! What a beautiful episode. Just perfect.

I love it. He adjusted his tie before he collapsed.

7. dubyu tee eff

dubyu tee eff
    Expand Collapse
    Thinks he has a chance with Christina Hendricks...

This is a huge question for me. Was the boy ever in danger of dying? If so, then the transition is complete: Walt is the antagonist of this show. Regardless, the fact that put an innocent family through all of that trauma solely out of self-preservation shows that there is nothing good left in him.

I think next season we see Walter try to go back to his former life and put all this behind him but his inner heisenberg (can I be pretentious and call it...his cancer?) needs the thrill and adrenaline so he gets back into the game. This gets the DEA and Hank back in gear who pursue him. Eventually, Jesse finds out what Walter did to Tomas which makes him turn himself in to the DEA whom he gives all of his information and they eventually bring Walter down. His cancer kills him before he can go to jail or any of that boring shit. Skylar also gets arrested for money laundering and Walter Jr. is adopted by Hank.

8. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Now that Ive let it settle, I have few questions maybe you guys can help me with:

-Was Gus gay? Maybe it's me, but I got that sorta vibe from when Don Eladio killed his business partner that maybe the guy was more than just that by the look on Gus's face and his thirst for absolute vengeance. Plus, Gus lived alone and was meticulously neat, but that's just me being stereotypical...

-If it was the Lily of the Valley, what happened to the actual Ricin?

-Could Tyrus still be alive? Skyler told Walt that Gus and a "Cartel member" were killed.

9. jrm

jrm
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

The radio said that initial reports were at three people dead, so I guess that includes Tyrus.

10. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Actually it said "As many as 3 people may have been killed." I'm probably just splitting hairs here, but ya never know.

11. JoeCanada

JoeCanada
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Last night I watched "Insidious" in the dark by myself before going to bed, just to see what it would be like... Then I had a scary dream about Breaking Bad.

I don't have too much commentary about the episode besides echoing how awesome it was. It was a good "end" but at the same time, left so many little things for us to wonder about. The show could go in a bunch of different directions next season, and I'm going to lose my mind waiting to see what happens.

12. lhprop1

lhprop1
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I would be completely satisfied if the show ended right now. I hope the last season isn't hurt by this huge of an ending.

And what about Ted's death/accident? Is that going to play into things next season?

13. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It might be two fold. Skylar might rethink her life with Walt now that she knows he's murdered people. I could see this being a point of contention as she might accuse him if having a hand in it. It also might be another piece of the puzzle for Hank to look into if he still tracks Heisenburg. The fact that the money was still sent to the IRS before an abrupt death might raise some red flags. It'd be pretty easy for him to figure out there was no Great Aunt Gertrude, and that the money had to come from somewhere.

14. Sponge

Sponge
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

I think you guys are right and Ted's death has to come back up some way or another. Does Skyler even know about it yet? They were put under DEA protection almost right after that. I don't see her thinking Walt had anything to do with it, he sent Saul's people not Him. And with Walt's reaction to the money being gone from the crawlspace she'd have to know Saul didn't tell Walt about her giving him the money. Love your idea about Hank finding out about the Great Aunt Gertrude ploy, though. And with Saul's name all over the falsified paperwork that's another route back to Walt/Skyler/Jesse.

There's no way we get 16 episodes of Mike-free content. He's got to pop back up at some point.

I re-watched The Wire last spring so every time they showed Gus's laptop or those cameras in the lab this season all I could think of was the wise words of Stringer Bell: "Nigga, is you takin' notes on a criminal fuckin' conspiracy?" Gus's laptop could end up being the 'Gail's journal' of next season.

15. lhprop1

lhprop1
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

You wouldn't think someone as cautious and calculating as Gus would leave any incriminating evidence on his laptop. Even some Cleetus selling puppies illegally out of his trailer knows better than to leave evidence on his laptop.

16. Sponge

Sponge
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

I'm not saying he's got hours of recorded video sitting on a hard drive but as far as traces of streaming video that a forensic investigator could pull off if they get their hands on it? I don't anything about the computer forensics of streaming video just something I wondered about. I'm probably just making too much of a nothing detail. Like I said a couple of posts ago, take anything I say about this show and the opposite is usually the way it ends up going. Not that it stops me from trying.

Anyone else seen this pic floating around from season 3 of Gale's apartment? No idea if it's real or not. I hope so. Makes me believe that they have a plan for how this all ends.

[​IMG]

17. Gatling

Gatling
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

I went the other way with Skylar's reaction (which is why this show is so fantastic). Skylar has warmed to her role in the criminal enterprise and she seemed excited by Walt's power. The look on her face when she realized what Walt had accomplished reminded me of Lorraine Bracco's character in Goodfella's [paraphrase] "most girls would run away if their boyfriend asked them to hold a gun, but it turned me on."

18. Gatling

Gatling
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

My view was always that the writers were intentionally suggesting that Gus was gay (or the actor may have made those subtle choices.) Expecially, as you note, the scene with his former partner. I imagine that depending on what happened to Gus's character something more might have been made out of this. I guess we will never know.

19. lhprop1

lhprop1
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Maybe Gus was porking Gail. They seemed to have had a previous relationship prior to what we all saw. Both seemed to be a little light in the loafers. Gail had "I heart W.W." or whatever it was scribbled in his notebook and I know if I ever saw a guy in his apartment prancing around and singing opera like that, I'd certainly have my suspicions.

20. E. Tuffmen

E. Tuffmen
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

She absolutely is/was turned on by Walt's power. I've said it before and I'll say it again, she is going to wind up "running things" from a business aspect if things go in that direction. In the last several episodes she has shown herself to be able to think on her feet and seems to have a knack, like Walt, for getting out of trouble.

I can't stop thinking about the last episode and I'm definitely going to have to watch it again tonight. It was so. Fucking. Good.