Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Breaking Bad Season 4

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by dubyu tee eff, Jul 13, 2011.

1. Superfantastic

Superfantastic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Jebus, I didn't even consider him killing Jesse. That seems insane, but with this show, everything's on the table. I think he'd definitely pick his family, but at this point, Jesse is like a second son.

But if, as some have suggested, Walter White 'died' in the crawl space, and Heisenberg is to emerge, that could mean he becomes ultra-ruthless and, like you said, kills Jesse for the same reason Jesse killed Gale (doing so would probably earn more of Gus' respect, in a seriously twisted way). It really would solve his problem, and the next season could be all about Walter trying to overtake Gus, which would be a whole new level of crazy.

My money is still on Hank finding out and Walt playing some role in his death, even if it's just knowing/allowing it to happen. But I wouldn't say killing Jesse off is out of the question at all.

Thoughts on how Walt calling his son Jesse is going to play out in the last two episodes?

2. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

As much as I'd like Walt to take on Gus and take over his business. I don't think that's where the show will go. He might kill him in some sort of turn of events to save his family. I don't think he'll kill him to take over Gus' empire, something I think Jesse has been kind of groomed to do this season. Deep down I don't think Walt has ever had the true ability to be a criminal, he succeeded a lot in areas that most low level criminals are dumb about or if he's gotten into trouble been ballsy enough to go out on a limb to save his own skin. Most of the times he's been in real trouble, or say this season had to deal with Hank, he has seemed almost completely helpless. I don't think he has the wherewithal to handle Gus' position. dealing with maniac Cartels, Law Enforcement, ect.

Calling his son Jesse might, like others have said, be the link Hank makes between Walt and Gus. I don't know if it'll go much further than that. I don't see Walt Jr being thrown directly into the mix as he hasn't been at all basically the whole series. My guess in order of what I think who is most likely to die is, Hank>Gus>Jesse. I say this mainly because I don't know if they'll kill off Gus and have to start basically from scratch again with a whole new plot for the last season, though it could be a toss up, if Hank lives they might spend next season having him suspicious and trailing Hank. Though I think Jesse being killed is a real possibility, I don't think they will because Aaron Paul is the other marketing staple for this show, they'd have to have some heavy flashbacks next season if they killed him off this season. Shit they didn't kill off Chris-tuh-fa, until three or so episodes left of The Sopranos.

3. lhprop1

lhprop1
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

That's what I'm thinking. When Hank had them bring Gus in to meet with his boss and Gomez and they just dismissed everything, my first thought was that they were on the take in some way shape or form. Also remember when Hank was in the hospital and Gus was there and they said he was a big contributor to some police benefit organization or another.

As far as the ending of the show, the above scenario would make the most sense. Hank dies, Walt either dies or disappears, and Gus keeps his empire intact or a new player moves in and the whole thing starts over. The faces may change, but nothing is going to stop the drug trade. It's sad, invokes anger, but unfortunately all too real.

4. Thorgouge

Thorgouge
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

If that's the case, maybe Gomez will be around with Hank next episode now that the police are protecting him. Hank could reveal some more suspicions, maybe after Jr. reveals Walt talked about Jesse, and Gomez will be the one to kill him. Probably won't happen but who the hell knows with this show. Still, it's going to suck having any of these characters die off.

5. Evolution

Evolution
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Anyone else get the feeling that when Walt was talking about not having enough money to send his whole family into hiding, he was talking about the four of them? I wouldn't be suprised if he had enough money to ditch the family and try to strike out on his own. Of course that may have just been misdirection in the sneak previews.

I saw Aaron Paul in a bar in Hollywood when I was watching the UFC fights last week. Seems like a quiet guy.

6. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Ditch his family and let them be killed by Gus while he hides out in the Caymans? Or send the 3 of them into hiding so he can try and take care of Gus and keep the Meth money coming in? Cause I really don't see the first happening ever. Ever.

7. Evolution

Evolution
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Definitely not the first one. I was talking more about paying to send his family into hiding with new identities, so he can try to play the hero and villain he sees himself as.

8. hoju

hoju
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Re: this weeks episode.
    I feel like I just got a really good, slow hand job but I have to wait a week before I can cum.

9. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yeah fuck. Just seemed like an odd point to have a cliff hanger?

Preview:
    So they let you think Jesse says fuck it and narcs on them. Sort of throws a wrench in Gus' ideas.

Is it me or does anyone else think Gus could have found a competent cook by now? Even with a loss in some purity and the resulting cash loss it would still be advisable in the short term so he wouldn't have to deal with Walt and his connection to the DEA.

10. SwampDonkey

SwampDonkey
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

11. JoeCanada

JoeCanada
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

If I had to pick a weak spot in the plot of this show, that would be it. They've done a good job of making it clear that Walt is the best of the very best in this field of chemistry, and that to get those last few percentages of purity takes a real master. Still, it's not like Gus couldn't make a ton of money selling 95% pure meth as opposed to 99%. On the other hand, he's a fucking pro and maybe the idea of having the very best product in the world has been too much for him to resist.

About this week's episode... I wasn't sure what I thought of Gus predicting the car bomb and walking away. He's an amazing strategist, for sure, but I still thought it was a little too perfect that he stopped just in time, and even looked out as if he knew Walt was watching. I would have liked for him to notice some tiny detail or notice some tiny clue and then figure it out from there. (Unless I missed something, and that is what happened... some asshole knocked on my door during that part and distracted me.)

12. Dyson004

Dyson004
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

While Gus is looking over the railing his eyes seem to settle on something. My guess is that it's Walt's shiny ass bald head or the reflection from his binoculars. They were tinted red so if the sun caught it at the right angle, it'd be kind of hard not to spot.

13. Superfantastic

Superfantastic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Gotta watch it again, but right now I'm on the fence about Gus knowing something was up with his car. It obviously shows a level of instinct that Walt can't touch, but I was asking out loud why Gus would ever leave his car unattended in a situation like that. They did it super-intense, as always, so that was cool.

It made for an epic scene between him and Walt, but how the fuck did Jesse not figure out it was Gus who poisoned Brock?

Just saw the finale trailer. What the FUCK could Jesse tell the DEA that wouldn't get his ass imprisoned for life?

14. Uno

Uno
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I just figured after Jesse told him the kid was poisoned, Gus figured something was up.

If Gus thought Jesse figured out it was him who poisoned the child, it's a safe bet he'd assume Walt and Jesse would come after him, and the car he left in the parking garage would be a perfect target.

I bet if Jesse had kept his mouth shut about the kid being poisoned, it would have worked.

15. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I don't think he's right. Though Walt has made conscious decisions to do bad things, he isn't truly evil at heart and has never, and probably will never, become truly bad like Gus or the cartel.

I think you nailed it. He might not know instinctually of the bomb in the car but he's probably realized he's a target because Jesse tipped his hand a little to much.

16. lhprop1

lhprop1
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

This show has come a long long way since Walt killed Crazy 8 in the basement.

17. Ins

Ins
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

I assumed he saw some kind of light bouncing off Walt's glasses, they focused on them for a second too long at the end which I assumed was to bring your attention to them. Plus I'm sure Gus has someone keeping an eye on Walt.

I'm also thinking they have Walt and Jesse's cell phones tapped, why would they take any chances? I don't know anything about phone tapping though so maybe it's not that simple I just figured a huge drug dealer like Gus could get it done. If he saw that text, or felt anything was out of the ordinary I don't think it's too crazy to avoid a car that's been left alone, especially after you've threatened someone who you know has been plotting to kill you (they knew about the poison) and just poisoned someone close to one of the plotters. Plus he just killed off that big cartel boss, I think he has a lot of reasons to be on high alert until everything calms down.

18. JoeCanada

JoeCanada
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

While Walt's "evilness" maybe not be comparable to Gus', I think his character has still undergone a fundamental moral shift since season 1. Earlier in the series I always got the feeling that Walt thought of himself as the same, good guy, who had been thrust into this position of having to cook meth with an actual criminal like Jesse.

Somewhere along the line though, those things he "had" to do started to become a part of him. And he liked it (at the very least, a part of him did). Remember all those times he would come home and fuck the shit out of Skyler after he had done his Heisenberg business? That was not a man who was disgusted with having to be a criminal, that was a man who was fucking exhilarated by it.

And yeah, I don't think he would (ever) kill children like Gus seems to be fine with doing, but shit - Walt is still a murderer. He's still responsible for pumping thousands of pounds of meth into the streets, which has surely ruined/ended many, many more lives. But he's not remorseful of his actions - and even if he is, it's only because it has ended up putting his family in direct danger.

19. SwampDonkey

SwampDonkey
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Walt did let Jesse's girlfriend Jane, choke on her own vomit and die right in front of him, when he could have saved her. He also had Gale killed.

What if Walt did poison the kid? When Jesse tells Gus that he was poisoned, Gus seems genuinely surprised. I think Gus realized that Walt did it to turn Jesse against him while walking to his car, and that's why he stopped. I read somewhere (that I can't remember), that Walt is going to commit an unforgivable act this season. But considering how unpredictable this series has been, I wouldn't be surprised if Walt Jr. poisoned the kid's pancakes while standing in a hallway.

Hank-"Someone doesn't like the way i've been spending my free time"
    Walt Jr.-"What, minerals"
    Hank-"Yes Walt Jr, the Cartel is coming to murder me because of my mineral habit"

20. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Well at the end of last weeks episode Walt went off the rails. It would be an amazing twist if he did in fact poison the kid to turn Jesse against Gus.