Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Breaking Bad Season 4

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by dubyu tee eff, Jul 13, 2011.

1. Roxanne

Roxanne
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I feel like the writers realized how much Skyler sucked and are actively trying to make her awesome. A bit of a slip up with being a bitch over the champagne, but overall she is balling out of control.

2. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I didn't get the flip out. He can't buy champagne but she's cool with him renting out a lush apartment while they await his unemployment checks? Skylar did suck most of the first seasons. She's getting more tolerable but chubbier as well. Good to see Bill Burr get some cool work again.

3. Roxanne

Roxanne
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Walt's apartment makes NO sense on paper, but her heart was in the right place. You can justify at least living in a place, but dropping $300 on champagne seems more lavish on paper.

Did they explain Walt's apartment somewhere and I missed it, or they're still working the gambling angle?

4. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

According to the preview it seems they are still going to use the gambling angle for acquiring the money for buying the car wash. Kind of weak but what ever.

5. lhprop1

lhprop1
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Did anyone catch the easter egg in this last episode?

When Skyler grabs the match book to call Saul, the phone number on there is to a voicemail a fake Saul Goodman office. 505-503-4455

6. Zach

Zach
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

7. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

I'm so glad that the Powers That Be are finally getting the point that having a solid, thought-out ending to a series is so much better than just milking it year after year.

Let the story drive the duration of the series, not the other way around.

8. lhprop1

lhprop1
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Walt is becoming very careless. I have a feeling it's not going to end up with him on some remote beach sipping cocktails like Andy Dufresne.

9. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I think Walt in the end is insanely self centered, though he originally started cooking for some financial security for his family, beyond that he has basically always had a huge ego and has ended up falling victim to it. I think he hates the fact that Skylar is basically taking some of the control back in his life with the car wash, he's resented almost every detail she's done with it. I think he blurted out that stuff about Heisenburg because he still wants to bask in the glow of being the one in control.

As for the last season. If you listen to different producers you hear different things. I've heard the whole reason there was disputes for this show was because Mad Men sucks up basically everything for production. That they might have been pressuring them to close out this show to save cost, it is also supposedly why Frank Darabont was fired off of The Walking Dead. Too bad as they are all insanely good shows.

10. toejam

toejam
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I was so happy when I saw the news that there would be 5 seasons, and that's it. 5 is a perfect number for a quality show like this, that has run strong so far. Any more and it could easily drag. I was even frustrated with an episode or two this season, which I chalk up to comparing them to the incredible end of last season (but a Marie episode, are you kidding me? I am normally glued to my couch while watching this show, and I got up enough times for a beer that episode to finish off a six-pack).

As far as Walt's apparent foolishness - I feel like the natural arc of the show will be that his arrogance should be what finishes him, but cancer will in the end.

11. BrianH

BrianH
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I hate Skylar so bad I'm close to quitting this show. It makes no sense that anybody on that show would cower to her whims.

12. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

I hope it isn't the cancer that gets him. I'd like to see the story go more of a "turn towards the dark side" kind of ending where maybe he gets taken down in a similar vein as Tony Montana. I feel the cancer thing at this point is a bit of a cop out, even though I'm sure that's how theyll do it.

13. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yeah TV has a knack for creating huge fucking bitches out the wives. Mad Men, The Sopranos, shit even Dexter, all have had wives that for the most part were completely dumped on by the main character but still came off as huge nagging cunts by the writers. Skylar is getting the same treatment. I guess having her as the accountant for laundering the money gets her involved more in the show but I don't see why Walt wouldn't have just asked Gus, the professional criminal, for help laundering money. Gus needs Walt not to be picked up by the IRS for tax evasion.

This past episode was kind ehh, seemed like a filler episode where they lightly set up later actions. The best part was Walt flipping his shit about being the main man behind the drug business, but then he back tracked when Skylar left. This seems to be the underlying main arch of the season. Other than that, Jessie's line isn't all that interesting to me.

14. Guy Fawkes

Guy Fawkes
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I think this has to be the main decision that'll move the storyline forward.

Walt can and has been a bad ass, calculating killer when he's needed to be (introduction of his Heisenberg persona) but alternatively he flips out over petty shit like with the laundry women cleaning the lab.

Could Gus be killed this season? Maybe. If so, who would/could fill his shoes. No one except Walt.

15. Celos

Celos
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I wonder what the size of Gus' operation actually is. He talks (you know what I mean ..) a big game, but so far it's him, a little muscle and a shitload of cash. It'd be interesting to see Walt take over for him, but that seems like too big of a storyline to tackle properly in 2 seasons.

I'd love for this show to have a similar ending to the Shield.

16. Guy Fawkes

Guy Fawkes
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The Mexican cartel wants the chemist. Then they'll sell to Gus who can distribute as he likes.

Walt is just a valuable poker chip.

17. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Did they say that explicitly cause I might have missed it? Anyone else feel this season is been a lot slower and toned down tension wise? The over all story of Walt trying to figure out Gus' game just isn't carrying the same weight as some of the previous seasons story lines. I just hope the slow burn pay off at the end is worth it. Couldn't really care less about Skylar and the car wash.

18. lhprop1

lhprop1
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Not at all. Gus gets killed, Walt takes over and so does his ego. He's already proven that he's not the criminal mastermind that he wants to be. He will get sloppy or careless and get taken down by the DEA or the cartel will either kill him or kidnap him.

19. E. Tuffmen

E. Tuffmen
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Let's not forget Hank. Something tells me he will figure prominently, especially now that he has piqued the interest of his superior. He has continually been a fly in the ointment throughout the whole series. As far as the cartel wanting Walt, that's a very astute observation and seems logical considering the exchange between Gus and the cartel "spokesman". I'm really not sure how I want to see the series end, with Walt on top, or dead or arrested and going into the witness protection program. They all have their merits.

20. lhprop1

lhprop1
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Something tells me he will continue to be a fly in the ointment. His boss seemed way to quick to dismiss the Gus theory. Who's to say the DEA boss isn't on Gus' payroll? A $50 mil offer to the cartel makes it clear that he has enough money to buy off a few federal agents.

It's just an 'out there' theory, but who knows what direction they'll take it.