Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Breaking Bad- Season 3

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Benzilla, Mar 16, 2010.

1. dubyu tee eff

dubyu tee eff
    Expand Collapse
    Thinks he has a chance with Christina Hendricks...

The key is to use rss feeds for the torrents. utorrent supports this and I'm sure others do too. Then just turn on utorrent after the episode is over and most of the time within 15-20 mins the torrent begins downloading. Initially it is a bit slow but people join the swarm unbelievably fast. Never takes me more than an hour and a half after the show has aired to get the file. It is always good quality. Hit up eztv's website. They always have good quality and have torrents up very quickly. Sign up for the rss feed and you're done.

Sorry I should really stop going off on this tangent. This isn't really the place for this discussion.

2. redbullgreygoose

redbullgreygoose
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Damn. Who's the fuck up now?

3. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Great episode. Walts not a fuck up more that he's just wrestling demons for what he's doing. It was a change of pace that worked really well with the past few episodes being so high tense.

4. redbullgreygoose

redbullgreygoose
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Maybe if it all passes after this one episode. But if he continues in this downward spiral and stops cooking Walt's going to be open to a shit storm of problems. Maybe Jesse is going to have to step up and try to get Walt in line. But, who the fuck knows...

5. Guy Fawkes

Guy Fawkes
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Weird episode. It was a little slow at times but I think it was necessary. It showed that Walt is still human. He has a lot to regret and I thought for sure he was going to out himself to Jesse about Jane dying.

It gets said all the time but Cranston is an amazing actor.

Also just when I was getting completely fed up with Jesse he redeems himself. He's still a fuck up if he keeps stealing meth out of every batch. He has to know this. The fact that Walt called him out should put an end to it but I can see this being a big problem.

6. fourtytwo

fourtytwo
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

This episode was written as it was to be a cost-saver. No new sets, only two talking roles. I'm hoping that means there's going to be a big, expensive episode in the near future that they're saving up for.

As far as story goes, this episode was a continuation of the near-crash scene from the previous episode. Walt is going off the rails a little because of the realization of person he has become, and the situation he has put himself and his family and everyone he ever cared about in.

That scene at the end with Jesse up on the ladder was brilliant. I was tense the entire time, wondering if Jesse would fall, or if Walt would tell him that he killed her, and what Jesse would do considering they were completely alone and Walt was completely at his mercy. So awesome.

7. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

They did start cooking again. Walt was asking Jesse about the new weight right before he brought up how the old weight had been off and he couldn't help Jesse if he had skimmed it. I really don't get how the weight would be that off though since they do tend to come out a few pounds ahead each batch. I guess Gus must just be expecting to get that little extra each time.

8. dubyu tee eff

dubyu tee eff
    Expand Collapse
    Thinks he has a chance with Christina Hendricks...

I really liked this episode. It was a nice change of pace. Instead of relentless action, they gave the main characters lots of screen time to develop their personalities a bit. Walt's reflections on how he should have died shed a lot of light on his recent behavior such as his almost head on collision with the trailer.

That said, I really don't like the acting job the guy who plays Jesse is doing. He had this halting way of speaking throughout the episode. And we've discussed how he has to add "yo" or "bitch" at the end of every sentence, which is kind of annoying. They did show at least that Jesse does have some legitimate concern for Walt's well being.

I've been trying to analyze the fly's role in the episode as a metaphor for something but I can't really come up with much. I think it calls for some discussion. Any thoughts?

9. T W

T W
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

I took at as the fly being Jesse, with Walt needing to be rid of the fly before he's capable of ever truly relaxing and moving on with his life. Jesse putting on the gas mask that made him look like a fly set that in stone for me. Jesse killing the fly himself might've been foreshadowing the fact that he's going to be the one to rid himself... ?

I agree with the poster a few up there who thought this was a price saver episode. They've had a lot of big-action episodes thus far, and probably had to do some to cut costs on one of their episodes before they hit the finale. I liked it, though. We got to see a lot of much needed interaction time between Walt and Jesse, and were able to see even further into the complexity of Walt. The guy is an amazing actor, and I actually thought Jesse was pretty damn good in this episode. The writer didn't throw in too many forced "yo's", and he was able to convince me that he was actually capable of human sympathy rather than incessant douchebaggetry.

Good change of pace. Best show on television continues to impress this viewer right hur.

10. JoeCanada

JoeCanada
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I half agree. I don't think the fly represents anything specific, but rather just all the shit that's been going on since Walt's "perfect day to die." His guilt over the plane crash/Jesse's gf, Hank, Skyler finding out, Jesse's fuck ups, etc. On paper it looks like Walt is doing fine; he's apparently got an awesome deal with Gus going, nobody's trying to kill him, he's gotten away with everything he's done, and so on. But, despite all that, there's always the buzzing in the background. No matter what Walt does, the buzzing doesn't go away - he's always aware of it.

This lifestyle isn't sustainable for Walt. He's going crazy, and something's gotta give.

And sort of opposite of what dubya said, I actually think this episode showed us that whatever's going on, Walt and Jesse are a team. They have their disagreements, and Jesse is a retard, and Walt is crazy, but they've been in this together from the start and they both showed that they care about the other in this episode.

11. Vanilla

Vanilla
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Sweet. Thank god they actually took the story somewhere. They did alot too. It made up for last week's lack of actual plot progression, plus some.

12. Insomniac

Insomniac
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

This is my favorite show on television now, but that said, these "coincidental" encounters the various characters keep having w/ each other are starting to get a little out of hand. Maybe it's just b/c I'm fresh off Lost and got my fill of it there, but in this case it just seems way too convenient and distracts from the story - I feel like they could find another way to get to the same point w/out utilizing the tactic.

13. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I guess Skylar just went all in here. I wander where they want to go with her being so involved in Walt's dealings. Honestly if I was Walt, the first fucking person I would have went too about laundering money would be my boss who's raking in hundreds of millions of dollars as a drug kingpin. I have a feeling the whole dinner scene at Gus' house had more to do with Jesse as the "mistake" he shouldn't make twice. But really, why not ask Gus to help set you up with a front business? They have a connected history through Hank's ordeal and how hard would it for them to forge some sort of business set up where Walt buys into a El Polo Loco franchise to help launder his money?

14. Guy Fawkes

Guy Fawkes
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

They needed to do something with Skylar's character, having her hang out at the hospital all day was getting a little dull. Plus she was dead right, the car wash made sense, and she knows a thing or two about cooking the books since she was doing it for her boss/boyfriend for the last half a year or so.

There's something I noticed about the whole relationship between Walt & Gus... it's that they're almost equals in the majority of their interactions. Obviously Gus is Walt's boss, and has tons more money, power, etc but I think what Gus like's most about Walt is that he isn't a pushover and carries himself as Gus's equal.

When he shows up for dinner Walt doesn't put on a false front and pretend to be "happy" to be there like we all would if our non-drug kingpin bosses invited us to dinner. When Gus invites Walt to chop the garlic Walt doesn't hop-to like an errand boy, and in fact gives a little push back demanding to know why they're having dinner.

Because of the dynamic of the relationship and Walt's pride, he wouldn't have gone to Gus unsolicited to ask for money laundering advice. If Gus insists, then he'll take it.

The dynamic of their relationship is the most interesting part of the show to me.

15. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

I think it's the mutual respect that they show for each other. That, and the shared intellect.

They appear to be men of reason and intellect amongst idiots and animals.

16. redbullgreygoose

redbullgreygoose
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Yeah, but they're nowhere near as bad as Lost with this. All the characters that meet "coincidentally" run into each other are connected through the same meth underground of the same moderately sized city. With Lost, this little group of islanders are all somehow magically connected all over the entire world.

17. JoeCanada

JoeCanada
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Gus is an absolute badass.

I always thought that his image--nice, mild-manered businessman--was a complete fake; a mask covering the ruthless, evil monster underneath. Now I'm not so sure. I think his friendly demeanour is natural, and rather than "hiding in plain sight," he's just being himself while not telling people he's a cartel-level drug lord.

Having said that, he is fucking ruthless. If you step out of line or get in his way, he will fuck you up. Simple as that. He sees no need to drive around in a black SUV with huge scary looking bodyguards, because he has complete confidence in himself and his ability to take care of whatever problem comes up. "I'm going to finish cleaning the tables in my fried chicken restaurant, then I'm going to go make sure my annihilation of an entire Mexican drug operation is complete." That's badass.

Going along with all that, I think his invitation and advice to Walt was completely sincere. I agree that he probably relates to Walt, as they're both intelligent men working in a field full of idiot meatheads. However, also going along with what I said earlier, if Walt fucks up, I don't think Gus will give him any free passes or breaks.

18. Guy Fawkes

Guy Fawkes
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

HOLYMOTHERFUCKINGSHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET!!!

Seriously this is THE BEST show on TV.

That was all Heisenberg. Even the fucking hat is back. Awesome.

Props to giving the Jesse character a set of balls too. I really can't see Gus being ok with those two street pushers killing a kid. If only for the reason that it brings a shit ton of negative attention to the whole "drug problem".

19. manbehindthecurtain

manbehindthecurtain
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

wait wait wait. You don't think that Gus was just blowing smoke in the meeting once Jessie stood up? I thought he told his trusted employees to back off using kids only to prevent a shitshow in his office. Namely to prevent the the two thugs to force his hand and kill Jessie therefore alienating Walt and endangering the meth operation.
    I don't think Gus cares if Jessie dies, and would be happy to make it happen. He just does t want Walt to know he is involved.

Heisenberg is more of a badass than Tony Montana ever was.

20. E. Tuffmen

E. Tuffmen
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Awesome fucking episode, and not just because of the ending either, though I do love those HOLY SHIT! moments. I really enjoyed the scene with Walt and Jessie in the bar, all the hushed tones and smoldering anger stuff was very intense. Props to Aaron Paul, and the writers, for finally giving him something to work with this season. I also loved the scene with the PI and Walt "No more half measures". The season finale is going to be a nail biter for sure. They need to start the next season the minute the finale ends.