Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Breaking Bad- Season 3

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Benzilla, Mar 16, 2010.

1. Guy Fawkes

Guy Fawkes
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Best show on television.

Gus is a genius. He's keeping tabs on everyone at all times including Walt. Walt's muttering-stuttering explanation about not making the shipment on time was painful to watch. Felt like I was watching one of my guys tell me why they lost a sale. Cranston is truly an awesome actor. From moving scenes to playing the goof/bad employee he does it well.

My biggest question is... what's next? All the major obstacles seem to be out of the way. The Mexicans that want Walt dead are all gone, the DEA will be satisfied that the head honco in Mexico got it, Skyler seems to be ok with what Walt's up to... where does the show go next? Can't wait to find out.

2. Benzilla

Benzilla
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

The title of yesterday's episode was "I See You." I didn't get it until I read a comment on the A.V. Club's review of the episode.

I See You=ICU, it's also what made Tuco's cousin throw himself off the bed and crawl towards the door just like he did at the beginning of this season.

3. mobkah20

mobkah20
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Quick question, I hadn't even heard of this show until a couple weeks ago and I only saw about ten minutes of it, but goddamnit it had me wrapped. I cant seem to find the first 2 seasons but season 3 is on demand, is this a show I can jump into at Season 3 then just go back and watch the first 2 when I finally find them, or should I just wait and watch in order?

Also, I'm not trying to wait very long so if anyone knows where I can find the first 2 seasons it would be appreciated.

4. stcardsfan

stcardsfan
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

Watch them in order. Buying the DVDs, Blockbuster, NetFlix, Torrents, whatever you have to do.

5. jrm

jrm
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

Yet another great episode.

Gus now seems to have thrown a lot of his weight behind Walt, right at the time when he knows that Walt can't be trusted in what he says. I'm assuming he must have plenty of other balls in the air but isn't this manoeuvre, however brilliantly executed, a bit of a gamble to put so much faith in Walt's ability to deliver?

6. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I was wondering this too. My guess would be that there might be some further Mexican involvement from the Mexican drug lords connection in the police department, think he said it was his cousin. It would fit along the same family vengeance theme they've had for a while. Seems king of a long shot. I think it'll focus back on Jesse and his tension with Walt and Gus' set up.

7. mastert

mastert
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

Also, the Mexican druglord that just got killed said the entire Salazar(?) clan was behind the decision to take out Walter, but honestly it'd kinda seem like a rehash if they just kept on sending Mexican hitmen after him. At least until he's done cooking for Gus.

8. E. Tuffmen

E. Tuffmen
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I've given up on trying to figure out where this show is going. I'm just enjoying the ride. God, Jessie is such a tool. I'm really starting to hate that character. I can't imagine him not getting whacked at some point. *fingers crossed*

9. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

And that is a beautiful thing.

Too many shows on TV are just piles of formulaic bullshit that you can figure out 5 minutes into the show. Most attempts at some originality are contrived, at best.

Absolutely love this show, and if you want to get some more insight into Cranston, I'd recommend that you check out the few podcasts he's done with Adam Carolla... they're really quite interesting.

Talks about riding his bike in the California hills and occasionally running into Charles Manson, among other interesting things.

One from last week had Cranston and Dean Norris in it.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.adamcarolla.com/ACPBlog/2010/05/02/adam-with-bryan-cranston-and-dean-norris/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.adamcarolla.com/ACPBlog/2010 ... an-norris/</a>

[​IMG]

10. Gargamelon

Gargamelon
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

I NEVER follow TV shows during their actual season--except for this one. Obligatory this show is fucking awesome comment. I'm hooked.

I think what's going to create some conflict in the next episode is Walt's promise to meet a 400 pound quota by the next week. Gus is masterminding all these power plays and keeping Walt alive, but what happens if Walt fucks up? I really have no clue what direction the pressure will come from, but I predict something will be distracting Walt and preventing him from delivering. Could be Jesse, or maybe even something with Skylar and/or Ted.

But if this show has told me anything, its that our predictions don't mean shit. Can't wait to see what happens next.

11. smoke

smoke
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

I know I posted about how Jesse's character is meant to be a fuck-up, but my god his shit gets old after a while. He was funny for a while and mildly entertaining, but now he's just annoying.

12. Benzilla

Benzilla
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I agree. I understand that Jesse was supposed to look like the opposite of Gale during that scene when Walt was firing him but it was taken a little too far. I don't think "It's all shiny up in here!" Jesse matches up with the direction his character has been going this season.

13. T W

T W
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

This episode was written by a first time writer (former assistant writer) and she tends to go overboard with the humor. I saw some Breaking Bad mini/webisodes that she wrote and they had the same issue. Jesse's character arc this season, and especially that scene do irk me a little bit. I'm hoping that they don't go back to her as a main writer too often for that reason (though, other than that it was still a great episode).

14. redbullgreygoose

redbullgreygoose
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Did she also write the hospital cafeteria scene?

15. Benzilla

Benzilla
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Wherever that scene came from, it was spot on. I remember a similar feeling when my parents drove me to the hospital to get surgery after I broke a growth plate in my arm during grade school. It wasn't like I was facing mortality but I still appreciated all of the red lights on the way there; every one of them meant another twenty or so seconds that I didn't have to think about how much post-op was going to hurt.

I don't know if anyone will win any awards on that scene alone but it's definitely one for this season's highlight reel.

16. JoeCanada

JoeCanada
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Once Walt gets around to finally cooking a shitload of meth - which I assume will happen pretty soon - things will get interesting. With the Cartel out of the way, Walt's meth is going to supply a HUGE area... Once Hank sees that the famous meth is popping up EVERYWHERE, I don't know what will happen.

I can't help but think that Skyler knowing about Walt's business is going to be huge somewhere along the line. If she hears talk about some super meth taking over the Southern US and Mexico, what's she going to think? She knows how good of a chemist Walt is, I'm sure she'll be able to put 2 and 2 together.

I have to remind myself not to speculate too much, because, like others have said, this show is next to impossible to predict. Still, can't help it on Sundays... I haven't been this addicted to a show since Pokemon when I was 11.

17. Guy Fawkes

Guy Fawkes
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

For reals Jesse? You've been given the golden goose and two weeks into it you're already scheming on how to "steal" a couple extra pounds to sell on your own.

Idiot. I hope they kill this character off soon. I'm truly annoyed with him.

18. Benzilla

Benzilla
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I'm calling it right now: Not only is Hank going have his physical therapy funded by Walt's drug money, he's also going to walk (roll) out of the hospital addicted to painkillers. If he walks again I think the first thing he's going to do is hobble off into a corner and pop a few vicodin House-style before Marie starts fretting about how she's let him out out of her sight.

It would be a deliciously ironic and completely plausible move for the show to take.

19. Vanilla

Vanilla
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

So did the writers forget that Skylar had a baby or did I miss the episode where the offed the kid?

20. Dmiz

Dmiz
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

- Is anyone else noticing that there's always a tray of vegetables in Gus' office at the poultry farm? I have no idea what the significance is, if any. But it is odd (dare I say Kafkaesque) considering what a calculating and truly scary individual he really is.

- I agree that Jesse is really getting on my nerves, but the monologue where he talked about making that box and then trading it for dope was truly great. Aaron Paul has some chops.

- I was dying during the scene where they are talking about the blue meth to all the other addicts. It was so clownish. Badger is probably my favorite secondary character with gems like: "Darth Vader had responsibilities. He was responsible for the Death Star."