Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Breaking Bad- Season 3

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Benzilla, Mar 16, 2010.

1. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

If you don't mind me asking, why did you bother to pay for a television then?

Anyway, I think the reason Skyler is so unlikable, despite her being totally justified in being a bitch to Walt, is that she's also a bitch to everyone else. Shuts out her sister, ignores the obvious emotional trauma the break up is causing her son, etc. She just comes off as cold and self interested rather than wronged.

2. Evolution

Evolution
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

That seemed like
    a pretty close call at the end of the episode. It will be interested to see just how far Gus's connections reach. I wasn't sure what would happen to Walt, but I did not expect those two to get called off like that.
    Just another reason to love the show though.

3. Hogie

Hogie
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

At least we know now that those two thugs are on the same timeline, ie the present.

4. JoeCanada

JoeCanada
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I've been very impressed with the plot development in this series. Seems like lots of shows start out with a cool premise, but once they overcome the initial objective in the first season or two it starts to get stale. You never know what'll happen, but as of right now I'm still very excited to see where this goes.

Specifically, 1. the new Jesse. Sneaky move getting the house for cheap. He seems a lot more mature now, I'm interested to see what he'll be able to do.

And 2. the Pollo guy (Gus?). I assume he's going to somehow get Walt to cook meth for him since he called off the killers, but how's he going to do it? He doesn't seem like the "do it or I'll kill you" type of guy... I'm wondering if he'll find some different angle.

5. redbullgreygoose

redbullgreygoose
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Wait, Jesse's done cooking meth??? I guess he has to be with the whole rehab thing. And now Walt's supposedly done too? The first two episodes have been good so far. But if they're really done cooking (which I do doubt) this show will suck by season 4.

6. E. Tuffmen

E. Tuffmen
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

There's no way in hell Walt is not going to cook anymore. I can see that coming like balls on a tall dog. This show just rocks. Every single episode is flawlessly done, and I love the way it's turning.

7. Vanilla

Vanilla
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Don't know why it took me so long to get in this thread. There's so much going on in this show. That do it all guy is a really interesting character. He goes to jail for people, cleans up drug death scenes, wiretaps houses. He works for both Gus and Saul! I thought it was interesting, we had never been alerted to the Gus connection there until he called him at the end of the episode. Can anybody tell what kind of building Gus was in at the end there when the call was put in? Some type of factory or large scale laundromat? I can't tell. How is Gus knowing that Hank is Walt's brother in law (from the end of the last season with that money jar) going to tie in this season? This is shaping up to be the best Season of TV I've ever watched. I just want Sunday to come again.

EDIT: For anyone looking for a refresher on Seasons 1 and 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bmk0kkznxSw

8. Evolution

Evolution
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

The dude who got arrested was probably a one time character. He's still in jail, because he went down as a big time meth dealer, basically filling Walter's shoes. The guy who did the other stuff looked like a private investigator, who I guess has lots of connections. I agree though, he seems like a very interesting character. It seems like his roll has been increasing in the past few episodes.

9. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Going purely off memory, so it could be totally wrong, but how about a multi-million dollar meth manufacturing operation?

10. 304

Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

It looked like a big commercial laundromat to me. That, combined with a fast food chain and whatever else he owns, would be a handy way to launder your big piles of drug money. No pun intended.

11. sunny jim

sunny jim
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

I'm pretty sure Walt rolled her onto her back when he saw her start to puke. I remember she'd made the point to Jesse to be sure NOT to lie on your back for this very reason?

12. Thorgouge

Thorgouge
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Not quite. When he broke in and tried to awaken Jesse, she was unintentionally pushed off of him and onto her back. Whichever way you look at it, hes pretty much responsible for her death and definitely played a part in causing the plane crash.

13. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Regardless of the details, they made a point to show that there was a specific moment where Walt made an intentional decision to let her die. It was 100% the moral equivalent of murder, and Walt knows it.

14. Benzilla

Benzilla
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

That's why he's trying so hard to rationalize the plane crash, he knows that he is indirectly responsible for people raining from the sky. That scene where he's trying to downplay it at the school assembly was creepy.

15. Guy Fawkes

Guy Fawkes
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Gus is a FAR bigger player in the drug trade than I imagined. I knew he was a kingpin but I suspected that he was small time compared to the Mexican Mafia. Apparently that isn't the case.

Walt definitely owes Gus now, whether he likes it or not.

Also the scene between Skyler and her boss was pretty important. I think despite her refusal to have pizza with Walt she's starting to see things from his perspective. Not that she'll start helping him cook or anything but I think the family will get back together by the end of the season.

16. Liberace

Liberace
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

Last night's episode confirmed all of this.

I slightly feel there is a possibility the direction of the show would put Walt going into the Witness Protection with the aid of Hank. It would probably be a shark-jumping moment if that were to happen. Skylar telling her Lawyer about the meth manufacturing makes me feel this way a bit.

17. Gravitas

Gravitas
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Was Skyler fucking her boss just petty revenge or an effort to gain some semblance of power and control?

I have not hated a character more in a long long time. Somebody convince me my hatred is unjustified.

18. Guy Fawkes

Guy Fawkes
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Her character is very unlikeable but I think she fucked her boss because it's really the only way for her to get back at Hank and in her mind take back some of the control.

She kicked Hank out, Hank came back. Hank flaunted the fact that she can't/won't rat him out to the cops, and Hank is kind of toying with her a little, pretending everything is ok when clearly it isn't. What else could she have done to strike back at him better than this? Nothing.

The turn of events with Gus is interesting. I agree that this could be the situation that drives Walt into witness protection or something. However besides Don Salamanca, no one else wants Walt killed. The portrayal of Salamanca makes me wonder how big of a player in the Mexican Mafia he really is. He's living in a dumpy assisted living place when the Psycho Brothers pick him up. Since money is always the biggest motivator with organized crime I can see the value of Walt's super pure meth being enough of a reason for the mob to bump off a has been "Don" and two crazy hit men. The storyline would definitely be better if it went in this direction.

19. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

You're either confusing this show with King of the Hill, or confusing Walt with her brother in law.

20. fourtytwo

fourtytwo
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

Skylar became about 1 000 000 times more interesting this episode. She was annoying and unlikeably before -- it's nice to see her decide to take some power and control away from Walt. She backed Walt into a corner in the absolute perfect way: he either has to forgive her for banging another dude -- potentially over and over again -- or give her the divorce he's looking for. Brilliant tactical move, considering her options -- and may have benefits for her at work, too.

It's amazing the depths of psychopathy Walt has reached so quickly. He obviously has no real remorse for anything he's done -- if anything, he's ashamed he got caught. He's gotta do something awesome pretty soon, because I'm liking him less than Skylar these days -- that's a bad sign for any character.

For MMA fans, Keith Jardine looked huge compared to Hank, but given his recent track record, I absolutely believe a fat, emotionally crippled 40 year old could torch him like that.

Things kind of worked out really well for Gus. He's got leverage on Walt -- I'm holding back the Juarez cartel the best I can, but you've gotta start cooking or they're going to chop your head off with a machete -- and with Jesse starting the lab up again, I feel like maybe next episode or the episode after we'll see Walt doing what he does best.

This show does a good job of keeping the tension high.