Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Breaking Bad- Season 3

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Benzilla, Mar 16, 2010.

1. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Not to mention the long running Hubris Walt has had for the quality and purity of the Meth he cooks and his dedication to chemistry.

2. redbullgreygoose

redbullgreygoose
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Well, I thought this show would be better than the last one. I was wrong. As is the case with almost every show the second to the last one was the best.

Edit:

Here's a Vince Gilligan interview on the finale. It contains major spoilers
    http://livefeed.hollywoodreporter.com/2010/06/breaking-bad-creator-finale-interview.html
    from the finale. Don't read if you haven't watched it.

3. T W

T W
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

Uhhh, wow.

Well, I was on edge all episode, and have to say I'm pretty damn surprised Jesse pulled that trigger. I know Walt is a top flight chemist, and his formula is unique in its pureness, but surely Gus has the capability to locate a suitable expert chemist who would be able and willing to decipher the formula (or close to it) and take over the operation. Walt has to realize this. So, keeping that in mind, by killing Gale it seems that he has done nothing more than effectively delayed the bounty on his head by a couple weeks (at best).

Jesse's idea of going to the DEA and offering up his knowledge in exchange for witness protection might have been the best decision giving the circumstance, I'd think. I did like the episode (although I'm pissed that we have to wait 10 months for this cliffhanger to play out, and I thought Gale was a cool character so that sucks), but if indeed Jesse did kill Gale, then the writers are going to be challenged more than ever to write their way out of this one in a believable way.

4. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Now that is a good interview, actually asked the questions I'd have wanted to ask. Not just some superfluous dreck follow the link at the bottom for the extended interviews. Im probably going to download and listen to all the AMC episode podcast as well.

I really don't see how Gus could employ Walt any longer after this episode. Visa Versa for Walt wanting to stay on with Gus for any reason. Walt really had no choice to do what he did at the end of the episode but I don't see any way where Gus would have any option but to kill Walt and Jesse. I have a feeling that the cartel will launch a surprise attack on Gus and will let Walt slip away.

5. toejam

toejam
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Not that anyone would have expected otherwise, but AMC officially announced it renewed the show for a fourth season:

http://livefeed.hollywoodreporter.c...ive_feed+(The+Hollywood+Reporter+-+Live+Feed)

Definitely enjoyed the season finale, in spite of the massive cliffhanger. I give up on speculating what is going to happen in this show, all I know is I am going to have a hard time waiting for it to come back.

6. Guy Fawkes

Guy Fawkes
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Genius show. Cranston raises the bar again. From the scene where he's holding his daughter on the couch to where he's screaming at Jesse to take out Gene. I forget I'm watching a show.

With the way they left it hanging this show could go in a bunch of different directions.

Regardless, Walt is done working for Gus. Sure he might have to cook a few more batches of meth but Walt will be scheming on how to get rid of Gus. I'd love to see Walt mix up a big batch of explosive crystals and somehow blowup the laundry with Gus inside.

Damn I'm bummed this show is over for a while.

7. Insomniac

Insomniac
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

I had to DVR the finale and just had a chance to watch it. It was an hour and 47 minutes on my DVR, so I thought cool, they had an extended season finale. Jesse pulls the trigger, it goes black, I thought cool, they're going to commercial b/c it's only halfway over. Cue the credits b/c the other 47 minutes is the series premier of their new show Rubicon. FUUUUUUUUUCK.

8. redbullgreygoose

redbullgreygoose
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

The hour long show is great. AMC is saying Breaking Bad is now the best show on cable, or something like that. I'm not sure exactly which title they're use to call and market it as "the best". But no matter what it is obviously popular. So I'm hoping AMC is going to buy more than just thirteen episodes next season. The first season was only seven. These past two were thirteen. Now it's time for a full season. The fans would obviously watch it. Can anyone think of any reason why this wouldn't be profitable for Breaking Bad and AMC?

9. rockmanj

rockmanj
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

I Think cable shows are usually around 13 episodes, so those are full seasons.

10. Benzilla

Benzilla
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Yeah, the only reason the first season was seven episodes was because of the Writer's Strike a couple of years ago.

11. redbullgreygoose

redbullgreygoose
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Oh, really? I never noticed that before.

12. redbullgreygoose

redbullgreygoose
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I don't think Gale is dead. I think Jesse shot him in the right shoulder. The gun was pointed as Gale's head up until the last second when Jesse slowly moved the pistol to his right (but the center of the camera shot) , gunshot, credits. Maybe he just disabled him in order to prevent him from cooking and scaring him out of the business.

In the interview I posted above this Gilligan only claims Gale was shot, not killed.

13. redbullgreygoose

redbullgreygoose
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I meant Jesse's right and Gale's left shoulder. I had it right before I edited.

14. E. Tuffmen

E. Tuffmen
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It would be far more interesting if Gale was actually dead, especially for Jesse's character with having murder on his emotional plate to deal with.

15. Winterbike

Winterbike
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Or if Gale was just badly wounded, and Jesse had to shoot him again. I'd pay to see that.

16. Arctic_Scrap

Arctic_Scrap
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I watched all 3 seasons over my long weekend and I am totally addicted to this show. The acting by Cranston and the writing of the show are just awesome. Watching Walt still keep it together after being directly or indirectly responsible for so much tragedy is great. The decline from the "family with the white picket fence" to being a criminal is great. At times I feel like I'm not just watching, but I'm there.

17. hoju

hoju
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed