Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Boys don't cry...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BrotherNumberOne, Nov 16, 2009.

1. gfh

gfh
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

The Two Towers

The Battle of Helms Deep

#81 gfh, Nov 26, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015
  2. SaintBastard

SaintBastard
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

LOTR? Really? You teach me how to cry during the Two Towers and I'll teach you what the inside of a vagina feels like.

Focus: The Hurt Locker earlier this afternoon. Third time I've seen it.

3. JWags

JWags
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I got teary when he lets down his daughter again, just tears me apart.

FOCUS:
    August Rush...the final little narration about music and what it means to people, its just poignant and really sort of hits home. I don't know why, but it gets me.

And basically any movie having to do with a kid and bittersweet recollections of youth, or parents looking on back at when their kids were small. I don't know what it is. Im happy to be at the stage of my life that I am, but there is something so perfect and nostalgic about youth in retrospect that just kills me. I mean, I start crying anytime my mom mentions how I'll still always be her little boy. Dear lord I'm a vagina...

#83 JWags, Nov 28, 2009
  4. Monster Joe

Monster Joe
    Expand Collapse
    Lurker

Lots of emotional stuff in here, some good and some bad. With the latter already been done a few times, I won't feel so bad about mentioning Best Of The Best. The ending just gets me.

#84 Monster Joe, Nov 29, 2009
  5. walt

walt
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I tend to "get something in my eye" quite a bit when I watch a movie, and as a 35 year old man, I'm ok with it. I look at it as I got my money's worth, ya know ? That having been said, what gets me ?

- Any tv clip of a soldier home from war suprising his kids or family. Really anything involving our soldiers, as I have nothing but 100% gratitude for what they sacrifice for us.

- Any time an old man is telling you his experiences and his lip starts quivering. Someone posted something from Band of Brothers earlier. Spot on.

- Field of Dreams... if that end scene where Ray asks his dad to have a catch doesn't get you, you are not human.

- I pre-screened "The Passion" for my wife, to decide if she'd be able to watch it or not. ( Rocky is too violent for her ) and I wasn't right for a couple days. Maybe it's the parent in me, but that scene where Jesus falls down and Mary sees in her head the time he fell as a child, that hit me hard.

- Someone mentioned John Q. Interesting fact, that scene before he takes over the hospital, where he's talking to his son, and he is all teary eyed ( as was I) and he turns and looks over his shoulder: I saw an interview with Denzel where he was feeling a bit overwhelmed by the scene, those tears are real, and he was looking to the director to ask for a break or something, the director waved him to keep going. I think that's pretty interesting and some powerful acting.

6. Firefnd1982

Firefnd1982
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

The Green Mile- So many parts to this movie that make me tear up

The Story of Marcus Luttrell- Those of you that were on the old boards know what i am talking about

Really those two are only the tip of the iceberg, i can be quite the weepy bitch at times.

7. Woody

Woody
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

I will say at the end of Band of Brothers I might just happen to catch the wrong ways of the sun and shed a tear. The actions and what those men went through simply cannot be placed into words.

8. rei

rei
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I know this is for film but I really don't care, this was what jumped into my head immediately, and its from sports.

After Detroit won the Stanley Cup in 1997, one of their players was in a limo crash which left him in a wheelchair with brain damage. This was their celebration a year later when they repeated.

at 7:39 onwards, and especially at 8:55.

#88 rei, Nov 29, 2009
  9. pincinelly

pincinelly
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

After a quick look through I don't think this has been posted. It is Jimmy Stewart reciting a poem called "My dog Beau" and it will rip your heart out if you have ever had a dog die.

#89 pincinelly, Nov 29, 2009
  10. falconjets

falconjets
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

Don't know if anyone here has seen the movie but if you haven't seen "The Boy in the Striped Pajamas", it will get you.
    Being that I have been raised Jewish and have been to both the Holocaust Museum in Washington D.C. and the Holocaust Memorial in Israel I am a little bit desensitized to the subject matter but it is still a little overwhelming.

This is the trailer for the movie, if you get a chance I'd recommend watching it.

#90 falconjets, Nov 30, 2009