Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Bored to Death Season 2

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Dr. Gonzo Esquire, Nov 18, 2010.

1. Dr. Gonzo Esquire

Dr. Gonzo Esquire
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Is anyone watching this show? I think a lot of people dismiss it because anything that has Jason Schwartzman tends to be filed in the "for hipster use only" category, but this show is thoroughly enjoyable. I was sold on the first episode when Ames was talking to the Israeli movers and they ask him "Are you one of those self-hating New York Jews?" Ames answers with a simple "Mm-hmm" in the most sincere, deadpan delivery I've seen in a long time. I was on the ground laughing.

As great as Jason Schwartzman and Zach Galifianakis are though the real scene stealer is Ted Danson. An old narcissistic, classical liberal, pot smoking, philandering magazine editor. Almost every line that comes out of his mouth is funny.

2. JWags

JWags
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The first season kind of sucked in terms of delivery the funny, but I gave it a chance because I like all 3 main actors. The second season really came together with better storylines and flat out brilliance from Ted Danson. I actually enjoy the show and its nice to see Galifinakis in a comedic role different from the typecast he has sort of fallen into on the big screen.

3. rockmanj

rockmanj
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

Just stated watching a few weeks ago, and it has easily become one of my favorite shows. The dialogue and ridiculous situations are pretty much spot on 90% of the time.