Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Bob's Burgers

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Nettdata, Jan 10, 2011.

1. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Second episode. SUCKS. BALLS.

Push the fucking button alreeady Fox, and throw Stan Smith back into this most undeserved time slot. May I suggest 4am on a tuesday instead? Capital Critters lasted shorter than this dried dog shit.

2. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

You were stupid enough to watch the second one?

Oh... wait.... was this AFTER a trip to the shed? If so, that would explain it. Otherwise.... I got nothing.

3. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

R Lee Ermey auditioned by taping himself in a 15-30 minute non stop drill instructor hazing without repeating himself. I dont know if it was before or after the part was already cast. It's kind of up for debate if he was truly a maniac stickler for the actors performances. He tricked George C Scott into delivering the brilliant performance in Dr Strangelove, which is well known. His daughter filmed a lot of behind the scenes stuff and he seemed to work both ways. He'd let Jack Nicholson act freely then do 180 takes for Shelly Duvals minor scenes while telling the crew not to support her. Ive seen footage of him and Matthew Modine and Vincent Donafrio discussing different ways to play out scenes. Then you hear Sydney Pollack talking about taking 3 weeks to do a single scene in Eyes Wide Shut.

4. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

It's in between two shows I watch. I didn't watch it vividly, but I'd stop, watch, not laugh, then do something else for a few minutes.

Wow, they actually hung on to the fact they recently killed off four regular characters on Family Guy. That's unusual.

5. kuhjäger

kuhjäger
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Ok, the Salaman Rushdie bit killed me. But otherwise it sucked.

6. Diablo

Diablo
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I saw half the 2nd episode while I was on duty last night. I agree with most, not a single one of those characters is funny or likable. It's almost like American Dad was outsourced to China to be made into a show about a boring, middle US suburb family with nothing going for them. The voices suck, the plot lines suck, and everything else sucks about this show. What happened to the good old days of The Simpsons and Family Guy?

7. ssycko

ssycko
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Brendan Small, Metalocalypse creator, also created Home Movies. Obviously different strokes, but Home Movies wasn't bad. It did benefit a lot from its timeslot at like 1 AM, though.

8. Vanilla

Vanilla
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

<a class="postlink" href="http://utdailybeacon.com/entertainment/2011/jan/18/bobs-burgers-rejuvenates-fox-sundays/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://utdailybeacon.com/entertainment/ ... x-sundays/</a>

I must have been watching a different show...

9. BeCoolBitch_BeCool

BeCoolBitch_BeCool
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

In defense of the first episode, it's been a while since I heard a good autism joke on prime time television.

10. Vanilla

Vanilla
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

There were jokes in the first episode?