Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Boardwalk Empire Season 4

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Flat_Rate, Sep 8, 2013.

1. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm not fond of Harrow accidentally killing Marybelle then dying himself. He could have just gotten on that train. Just because his story ran out doesn't mean he needs to die. I'm just upset his death didn't actually change shit. I feel like everyone would have ended up in the same place in a step or two regardless of him dying.

Also, I don't think they ended the show just in case they don't get picked up. They already got picked up earlier in the year, and for second time, they didn't reset everything like they did last year. Big pieces were moved. This is exciting. I feel like they could have had another big revelation, but this finale just set-up a ton for next season.

2. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I wonder how Narcisse will factor in. I mean it really took the edge off his character seeing him fold to Hoover over another black leader that wasn't even part of the show. He went from sinister bad ass to dejected loser in my mind pretty quick. I feel like they'll bring him back so that his and Chalkies storyline can come to a close at some point. I agree they really didn't need to kill Marybelle or kill off Harrow.

3. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Well the actual thematic kicker is that he just became what he hated most about Chalky, a white man's tool. Even worse turned against a black man he adored. So he'll be even be more angry and forceful than he was before. About damn time they have a bad guy go from one season to another. I would have loved for it to be Gyp, but he was too much of a hot head.

Why did Hoover cover up Knox's death though? Little confused by that. Because Knox went off the reservation?

4. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I thought the fact that they took Nucky in, and really glossed over what he said/did to get his brother out of town, showed that they didn't cover it up. Sucks because he was one of the better characters they've added in quite a while.