Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Boardwalk Empire Season 4

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Flat_Rate, Sep 8, 2013.

1. Kerbunked

Kerbunked
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

That was SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much better than the dude still being married. I had the biggest shit-eating grin the entire time they were dragging her away while she was wailing. The payoff was so worth her entire miserable storyline this season. Burn in hell bitch.

2. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

That was so fucking satisfying. I'm glad that crazy bitch is getting her comeuppance. They put Ron Livingston in the opening credits, I can't imagine he's done after this season.

3. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

That was one hell of an undercover operation.

I have no idea what Chalkie is going to do now. This is the lowest he has ever been in the series. How much revenge can he honestly pull off? The crew he is living with right now seems loyal, but they are small. I don't see him successfully taking down Narcisse or Nucky.

And I think Eli is going to try to kill that crazy FBI agent.

4. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

I'd love for Ron Livingstons character to come across Gaston Means and accidently refer to him as Milton.

5. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

So who sent the Pinkertons? Does it connect with anything else going on this season? Should I care? Honestly they could have just ODed the miserable woman episodes ago. Funny the old dude from The Sopranos was in on it though.

I think Nucky will somehow catch Narcisse or set him up for a hit so that he can get back in good graces with Chalkie. Though it would be nice to have a multi season enemy than just doing a season to season one.

6. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I still see him as Johnny Ola from The Godfather Part 2.

I'm hoping that Eli is somehow playing the FBI guy into getting himself in trouble or eating a bullet.

7. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I just wonder if Nucky will turn on his brother for setting him up or not. His brother I think is one of a few totally fictionalized characters. I could see them offing him but then again he is a constant source of material for Nucky.

8. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

There could be an interesting story where they off Eli and Nucky basically adopts his son like he already has. And then they have the struggle of loyalty and possible revenge, yada yada. Or maybe a complete family mutiny.

I would rather see them set up the FBI guy. Its more fun.

9. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The old dude from the Commodore's/Jimmy's camp. He knew something was up the whole time. They also need to do an HBO show dedicated completely to the Pinkertons, those motherfuckers were up to some CRAZY shit all of the time.

10. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

They just need to bring back fucking Deadwood for god's sake.

Also, so Junior Soprano set up Jillian or was just in on it? I guess I could see him setting her up, he was never part of the mob side of the business so he wouldn't have just wacked her like I thought Harrow might have ended up doing. It does seem like something he might do but he's been such an ancillary character it just seems out of no where and emotionally speaking kind of pointless. I thought Nucky might have setting her up after the phone call Office Space dude had.

11. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Christ what a finale. I feel like they ended it in a way in case the show isn't renewed for another season.

I'm really bummed they killed
    Harrow
    because he was my favorite. But he was starting to wear out his relevance on the show since Gillian got arrested.

I love how brutally Eli took out Knox. He had it coming.

12. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

What a bummer to lose such a great character. But there would be no coming back from killing Maybelle White. He was already a tortured soul, that put him over the edge.

13. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Pretty good season ender. They need to stop killing off my favorite characters!

Chalkies story ended up being one of the best, at least it ended with the most emotional impact for me. Where he goes from here is anyone's guess. I guess I feel alright Narcisse is getting his comeuppance, they've hinted at Hoover's virulent racism but to have him come out of nowhere to turn Narcisse into a narc was a tad out of left field. I really don't seem to care what happens to Eli he's always been one of my unfavored characters. Him in Chicago doesn't inspire much in me. I guess if he shakes off the gloomy gus bullshit he can be alright.

14. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I think if they expose his racism, they should also expose his crossdressing and homosexuality. Now THAT would be some interesting plot progression.

So does Torrio think Capone put the hit on him? I feel like that was implied a bit.

15. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Naa I don't think so, I think if Torrio suspected it he wouldn't have turn over the entire syndicate in Chicago to him.

16. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm also surprised he didn't die in that scene. It looked like he got shot in the face as well as the body, a lot.

17. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

I would imagine we will only see him a few more times. In tea life Torrio hands it off to Capone and moves to Italy and dies of old age in the 50s.

18. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yeah they stuck with reality he survived the hit attempt and turned it all over to Capone.

19. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I guess I should have read up on the Capone story more closely. I look forward to seeing next season because even though they can't take too many liberties with stories that already happened, I think a strong focus on Al Capone would make for a great show. Because that show would have a lot of Van Alden in it.

I really wanted to Tampa lady's boobs, even though shes a bit older, I think it would have been a nice touch because they were huge.

20. JWags

JWags
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Just google Patricia Arquette nude. She's been naked many times, though not in her middle aged woman thick stage.