Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Boardwalk Empire Season 4

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Flat_Rate, Sep 8, 2013.

1. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yeah great episode over all. Seeing the more scheming side of Narcisse and Knox was great. Chicago stuff was good. Hopefully Rothstein ruins Mrs. Irritable Bowel Syndrome Face's world by dragging her back into a life of crime she thought she escaped. I'd say the season has packed a little less punch so far than last season. The wild card Gyp really kept the tension high. Still couldn't care less about Gillian Darmody.

2. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Narcisse is slowly bubbling up to be real intense like Gyp. He's definitely a wildcard, he brought Dunn Punsley back into the mix, because he came into the picture like a lion, but was quickly subdued by Chalky. Like they changed their minds about him being a power player mid scene. The guy playing Narcisse is fucking killing it.

3. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Jeffrey Wright is one of the most underrated actors out there. He always kills whatever role he plays. Even when he's Felix in James Bond or as Colin Powell. He's just awesome.

4. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Well, Purnsley ate it. I always felt his climb to importance was too quick and I felt like he was in over his head. Not physically though. If it wasn't for hottie singer, Chalkie would be a dead man. I feel like Purnsley taking on Chalkie would be like Doyle taking on Nucky. It would be discovered quickly and snuffed out just as fast.

I think Narcisse is going to kill the singer and/or blow open their affair to Chalkie's family. But at the end , Chalkie will probably kill Narcisse.

I wonder what Eli's plan is here. I think there is going to be another Eli-Nucky struggle and I kinda think Eli would let his kid go to jail a bit to save the bigger picture.

5. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I don't see Eli letting his son go to jail at all. Knox has him over a barrel with that. I think this might be the last straw for Eli and his resentment for Nucky playing the more important father figure to his family/son than he can. Sucks because I think he'll sink back into his morose drinking ways just when he was really coming into his own as a stand alone character.

Big bombs is suck a cooler character than Mrs Sourpussface....

6. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Van Alden owned this episode. Straight up Heisenalden.

7. Flat_Rate

Flat_Rate
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I am calm

8. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yeah he beasted it. Glad they are turning him around. Not too many episodes left, they are really setting up this Tampa chick for the long haul it seems. Also bringing Harrow back into the fold is cool, though I expected him or still expect him to ask Nuck to fix the outcome of the child custody case.

9. Kerbunked

Kerbunked
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I'm kind of interested in Office Space guy. They teased he was up to something this episode. My guess is he's still married but I hope it's more complicated/interesting than that.

10. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Probably is gonna happen. Nucky needs a right-hand, strong arm guy and after his slaughter of Rosetti's guys (did Nucky even know about it?), he's perfect.

11. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

His line one the phone was puzzling and very curious. My mind started spinning, is he really a grocery magnate at all? It almost sounded like he was plotting against Gillian. Why, is a mystery but it was interesting. For a second I thought you meant Stephen Root.

12. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I like how Van Alden went in to fuck his woman like a warrior after battle. Except he threw money on her first.

13. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Best episode of the season by far.

-Van Alden continues to kick ass.

-The Narcisse-Chalky thing is finally kicking into overdrive.

-The odd side story between Rothstein and Margaret is pretty interesting. I'm glad he's getting more screen time.

14. JWags

JWags
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The exchange between Eli and his kid at the end was kind of badass, "Isn't this what we do?"

Also, hopefully Capone uses that near death experience as a lesson to not waste his time with fat and nasty hookers.

15. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Cocaine is a helluva drug. Im not a gangster buff but but I don't think Capone was ever targeted or even suspected he was targeted by his mentor John Torrio as it kind of was implied this episode in that attempted hit. Now that O'banion is out of the way the next bad guy facing all should be the infamous Bugs Moran. It also be nice if Knox ends up flipping on the Bureau and becoming a gangster himself, dude is a badass.

16. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Real life history spoilers:

Its weird the way they're portraying Torrio. The guy playing him has got to be in his 70s. In real life, Torrio was in his 40s in the 1920s. If I were to guess, the attempt on Capone was probably by Moran thinking it was Torrio in revenge for O'Banion, setting up next season. My guess the season finale will include the attempt on Torrio from Moran that almost kills him. It will be anachronistic, but a good cliff hanger.

17. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I think Chalkie is going to be out for blood and taking no prisoners. And I think they are going to kill his singer girlfriend, and do it right in front of him.

I liked that Eli's son is starting to be less of a puss now.

18. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Quick hits

- Van Alden, welcome back sir. Glad to see you again.
    - Don't think the show means for Torrio to put a hit on Capone, but they're going to play with the idea.
    - I don't think Eli is really making a move against Nucky, I think he's going to prove to Nucky he isn't just a tool again by playing Tolliver/Knox.
    - Will actually says "Isn't this what we do pop?" It gives it way more of a punch.
    - Chalky is so goddamn badass it is ridiculous. Also don't think Daughter is going to get killed, after the ass whooping, escalating it again to death would be too much. Is Chalky going to think Nucky set him up?
    - Anyone else notice that Narcisse shot his gun in a dueling stance?
    - Pulled from a review: Nucky quotes Rothstein when he tells Chalky "All of man’s troubles come from his inability to sit quietly in a room by himself."
    -Still don't give a shit about Gillian.

19. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

This is my thought and they certainly played it that way. He's never actually seen Nucky stand up for him in front of Narcisse and the "Im still the white man's puppet" angle has been played up all season with Chalky. Wouldn't be surprised if he thinks Nucky was in on it but I think he might be too singularly focused on Narcisse to even comprehend a move on Nucky.

20. JWags

JWags
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

CON: Nothing from Chicago.

PRO: HAHAHAH suck it Gillian