Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

blue dog..you're slacking...DRUNK THREAD 04/09

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Blue Dog, Apr 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. carpenter

carpenter
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Fucking haole. Mo betta you try get um right eh?

2. kuhjäger

kuhjäger
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Holy shit. Holy fucking shit. So after a belated Easter celebration with Jägerette's family, we come home for the night to drink and shoot the shit.

I see a post on my wall from my best friend who just got back from Afghanistan (who I haven't seen in 2 years due to stationing and deployment) saying he was at a local bar. I called him up, as I figured he was at a bar similarly named near where he was. But he wasn't. He was at the bar 5 miles from here. Or so I thought.

I called him up, and it turns out he was staying in a hotel a block from where I live. We just had the best time, I can't believe it. I almost cried when I saw him; I couldn't handle it. The only highlight is I am still waaaay stronger than him and could kick his ass.

Best weekend ever.

3. Sam N

Sam N
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Wow, yellow Solo cup. Those are rare.

4. Sam N

Sam N
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

ALOHA!

[​IMG]

5. katokoch

katokoch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I remember that photo being really popular on Collegehumor several years ago. Funny thing is- even they can't ruin something as good as that.

I ended last night drinking 7&7's with some neighbors around a fire in my backyard. It's finally warm enough for fires to become a regular thing. Good times.

6. Samr

Samr
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I rarely get black out. Last night, thanks in no small part to my glorious reunion with my beloved gin and tonic, I got black out.

Started with good beer. After a dozen or so good beers, switched to vodka cranberry. After a few vodka cranberries, decided it was time to reunite with gin. The last thing I remember is pouring the gin with a splash of tonic, and thinking this was a bad idea.

Apparently, I built a rather impressive fire in our burn pit. I know this because the stack of logs I had on the patio is now depleted to only a few, and there's a shit ton of ashes. After that, from eye witness accounts, I decided to take the tractor for a spin. I don't know how I didn't run it into a tree. Apparently I went to the barn to fuck with the horses, because I had to put several of them back in the stalls this morning.

God I love my gin.

7. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Ha. Just enjoyed a nice cigar and a few beers down on the dock.

The weather out here is fucking amazing right now... sunny, 18 degrees (C), slight breeze.

Spring is poking its head around the corner, it seems.

8. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

I am on board with the weather bandwagon. I don't have Nettdata's ridiculous evergreen postcard utopia, but having a firepit is sweeeeeeet once that cold white shit goes bye-bye until November/December. This year was the shortest winter we have had since I was born, and I could not be happier.

9. jennitalia

jennitalia
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

One of my good friends got baptized today, so being an awesome sauce friend I went to go watch her. Another lady getting baptized, and I shit you not, talked about how she used to be a social recluse until one day she went to a pet store and bought a rabbit. She took the rabbit to some fucking Rabbit Association and met some lady who led her to Jesus. Oh my goodness, I literally had my head buried in between my knees trying to muffle my laughter and hide the tears of sheer amazement streaming down my face. It would've been so much better had I been drunk.

10. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Nice. I just finished off the last Vegas de Santiago I had.

I'm really, really digging the Costa Rican cigars lately.

11. carpenter

carpenter
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

This is the one of the most awesome GIF ever.

[​IMG]

My wife just caught me. I'll see you guys tomorrow.

12. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

So what's the deal with Cuban Cigars? From the way they are portrayed you think theyd have some coke sprinkled in them or something. Is the climate so different on the cuban island that it makes the leafs taste like a thousand rare steaks? Do Cuban people have some sort of genetic advantage to role cigars that other races do not?

13. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Cubans were, for the longest time, the best cigars around. Best tobacco, best rollers, etc. It's very much like wine... you need the best raw materials, as well as some serious artistry, to get a top-notch product.

That's what built up the names like Kohibo, Montecristo, etc.

Most of the biggest and best cigar players have long since fled to the other Central American countries, like Costa Rica, etc., to get out from under the embargo, and out from under Castro, among other reasons.

Sure, Kohibas and Montecristo are still great cigars, but they aren't what they used to be, and are being usurped.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.