Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Birth Rape

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DrFrylock, Sep 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JProctor

JProctor
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

I read the link to the Skol complaint. It's bad enough to read a blog and decide it's fact, but to read an unanswered lawsuit and decide that the plaintiff's allegations are fact? Not really compelling evidence, but I suppose that's okay if you are primarily interested in raising points through vitriol and ad homenim attacks.

Assuming the plaintiff's allegations to be fact, the doctor's behavior was probably inappropriate, and it clearly was rude and insensitive. If he was negligent as well as rude, and she suffered a physical injury, she's right to lawyer up and get compensated. I have no doubt that she would have preferred that this entire episode never have happened, even if she receives all the compensatory damages she's asking for.

However, rape is a special word, at least it so seems to the males who post here. It's about the worst thing someone can do, but they also take a narrow view of what constitutes rape. Pink, start a thread about the scourge that is "Birth Aggravated Medical Battery" and see how much dissent you get. Until then, lay off the folks who don't agree that this is rape, and feel that referring to it as such minimizes the plight of penis-in-unwilling-vagina rape victims.

If you need me, I'll be over here filing a lawsuit against Dr. Hartman.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xHKTE75dgE4&p=BAD3351CC1F56CB7&playnext=1&index=57" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xHKTE75d ... 1&index=57</a>

2. BL1Y

BL1Y
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The truth is women are given the benefit of the doubt a lot of the time. Certainly not always, and maybe less than they should be, but definitely much more than never.

#22 BL1Y, Sep 9, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015
  3. Kittie

Kittie
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

The whole problem could be solved if medical practitioners are required to explain what exactly and why they are doing anything. I am probably an annoying patient from hell, but I ask a million questions.

I have had the not so fun experience being present in the delivery room with my friend when she was giving birth because her husband was deployed. The doctor gave absolutely no warning when doing anything...she was terrified and her heart rate spiked, probably due to the surprise episiotomy. (sp) I had no idea what to say or do because I had never been forced to witness a delivery before. The way the doctors and nurses were so matter of fact and the number of people coming in and out of the room that we didn't even know was surprising. That had to have been horrific for the mother. Her husband's cousin was allowed behind the doctor with a camera for God's sake!

I am sure that what happened was not the norm for most people. However, it sure has made me think about what exactly I will and will not tolerate when I pop out a screamer. I plan on making it very clear who can and can not be in the room (my mother...because I'd probably kill her) and I will have zero qualms asking "What the hell are you doing?"

There is absolutely nothing wrong with being informed and questioning any one who seems to be in a position of authority. Some of them graduated at the bottom of their class, and guess what they are called? Doctors.

Maybe labeling it "birth rape" wasn't necessarily the best choice of words, but I can't find anything better to call being violated with numerous instruments or procedures.

I hope to have a non-complicated pre-scheduled C-Section if I ever give birth. And drugs. Lots and lots of glorious drugs.

4. BL1Y

BL1Y
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Medical malpractice?

If that's not good enough, perhaps Gross Medical Malpractice?

5. kuhjäger

kuhjäger
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I dunno what they are going on about there being no consent.

There was consent. There was consent on the "fingers, hands, suction cups, forceps, needles and scissors" Consent all over until they hit the autoclave.

6. FSB

FSB
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

This thread is pretty retarded. The 90% of members who are men will all dismiss this as normal birth discomfort, and anybody who tries to call attention to the fact that women are extremely vulnerable during childbirth and may be abused will be derided and accused of making up bullshit. Just by virtue of doctors having the opportunity to abuse women in that situation pretty much means they will; maybe not the supernice doctors at all the hospitals you know, but you might consider the fact that you don't know every doctor, and people can be monstrous.

The whole 'yeah childbirth hurts lol stop complaining' thing is just another 'she was asking for it with that short skirt of hers'.

7. BL1Y

BL1Y
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I like that by virtue of not being super nice I'll abuse or rape anyone I have the chance to. It's pretty much the only way I get any action.

8. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Firstly, "Supernice" should be capitalized.

Secondly, What The Fuck?

Seriously?

Your basic thought process is that if the situation ever allows for someone (other than Mr. Rogers) to be able to do terrible shit to someone else, they will. Because you don't know them. And because a very few people have shown the ability to be monstrous, everyone will.

I can see logical thought is your forte.

And you just raped my common sense.

9. Pinkcup

Pinkcup
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

So if you--poster selected at random, this isn't anything personal--decide to accost me in an abandoned alleyway, wrestle me to the ground, and shove a thick speculum into my vagina and/or anus (erection issues? Mommy issues?) then......it should be called........medical malpractice?

No, of course not. It's rape.

But what if you happened to hold a medical degree? I mean, that has nothing to do with your rape-y tendencies, but it's an interesting coincidence that the tools of your profession just happen to be made for insertion into vaginae.

Yep. Still rape. You're just a rapist with a $100,000 piece of paper.

But what if you're kind of.....cowardly? Like, you feel wrong and weird wrestling women to the ground in public areas where you might get caught. It's much easier for you to select victims at your workplace. Where nudity and genital touching and speculum inserting wouldn't raise an eyebrow. But you're not doing all of the touching, the power-tripping, the speculum inserting, out of professional courtesy....you're doing it because being in control of a womans body while she's terrified excites you. And you like the fact that you can make her say "Thank you" after you violate her, all because you pulled a small person out of her uterus.

........yep. Glad I checked. It's still rape.

10. ghettoastronaut

ghettoastronaut
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

If you wrestle said person into the ground and then shove forceps inside unwilling orifices while they aren't in labour, I'll agree with you. Hell, I'll even admit to the possibility that there are a bunch of rapists out there who, frustrated with the normal channels of violating women, went into obstetrics and gynecology or nursing to get their rocks off. But, uh, I wouldn't mind hearing about some actual statistics where obgyns and nurses do, in fact, sadistically and evilly harm women in labour and don't just perform invasive but medically necessary procedures to save lives. You know, evidence, not rhetoric or conjecture or sensationalism. If you're going to try to convince us that a good chunk of ob/gyns and delivery ward staff out there are a bunch of sadists, that's a pretty big claim, which requires pretty big evidence.

11. Lowest

Lowest
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

There is such a thing as medical battery (medical treatment or procedures without consent). There is such a thing as medical malpractice. Both of those issues have been litigated up and down every court of every state. Basically, this whole thread is an emotional discussion of those issues. Let me ask you a question-- what if Dr. Rapey McRaperson salaciously and without consent massaged and manipulated someone's appendix or kidney? Honestly, I'd be just as disturbed. If either malpractice or medical battery occurred, they'll be litigated.

Here, let's tone down the tenor of this. Let me tell you a story-- Hi there, my name's Lowest, I live in Chicago and I'm of Irish and Polish descent. You know, Polacks have contributed a lot to the world, and they're known for a couple things, one of them being, BIG HEADS. On my wife family's side (she's Irish), all the babies are cute little leprechaun looking things. On my side, all the babies are big, chunky bohunks who come out of the womb saying 'youns' and bitching about Wojcikowski not giving them a good shift. And they have big heads and even bigger hands.

When my wife gave birth, for the first birth, they used two forceps that looked like two hockey sticks. My daughter had bruises on her face for days after birth. My son had an even bigger head-- the doctor used a suction cup and pulled on that thing with a lot of force. After my daughter's birth, there was a lot a "aftercare." Without going into the details, one of the interns (a female) at one point said "Yowch." Now that's not very sympathetic, is it? Have I been violated? Has my wife's honor been sullied? When you really boil it down, it's all my fault, me and my big-headed babies. But, I understand, this can be an emotional issue.

12. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Not to be a dick about it, but while you (hypothetically, of course) may FELT like you're being raped, the legal terminology for what happened can be very different.

In most jurisdictions, rape has a very specific definition, and what you described probably would not meet the LEGAL requirements for that definition, so another charge would be laid.

While both legal charges may carry the same punishment, only "rape" seems to be appropriately violent enough to meet the emotional needs.

The reason I bring this up is that you seem to think that because we're not calling it rape, we don't think it's as bad, and that would be wrong. It's just a more clinical/legal outlook on the same thing, so don't take it personally.

And I'm not sure you can expect anything else, because let's face it, the vast majority of guys cannot wrap their heads around the concept of being raped, while the odds are that an unfortunate and disgustingly high percentage of women have actually lived through it, and are still trying to deal with it years after the fact.

13. Nick

Nick
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

My belief is that for every 20 successful deliveries, you should be allowed at least one birth rape, as long as the father and one nurse are present, and you are wearing appropriate attire.

What. The. Fuck. Are we really having this argument right now? If there is any truth to this phenomenon, then my guess is that the perpetrator is a repeat offender (if we in fact believe that his intent is sinister). If that was the case, wouldn't a nurse observe that Dr. Rosenpenis's methods were much more "aggressive" than Dr. Seuss's or Dr. Feelgood's? If so, wouldn't she raise her hand and say, "whoa, what the fuck?". Aren't there enough checks and balances built into the whole delivery process to prevent this kind of thing from happening (with intent)? We're not talking about a dark alley here. We're talking about a delivery room where often times there are multiple people present.

14. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

I'm trying to stay out of this since I have no clue about any of it but I have to enter this into the conversation, chances are the Doc in question is a total dickhead looneybird and the Nurse is afraid of speaking up for fear of losing his/her job, then she/he very well may not say a word unless it was so severe they couldn't take it anymore and finally did or it was obvious and did enough damage that is was unavoidable so as to not make it seem she/he had any hand in it.

15. Veovis

Veovis
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

BANG. Right there. We had a doctor come in during the second pregnancy in the hospital and simply say. "you can go home, we're not inducing you"

Now, my wife’s doctor had just sent her to be induced due to really low amnionic fluid. We knew the potential side effects of that issue. Being told to "go home" was bullshit. So WE ASKED, and GASP, he sat down and talked to us for about 20 minutes explaining the entire reasoning and thought process....then. We went home. Effect - same result both ways. Will I ask every time, definitely. Does it mean the doctor didn't know what he was doing and is some sort of monster for not explaining first? Not even a little, because you see, they have 100 other people to see and if people will accept a 2 second "go home" without 15-20 minutes of explanations they will be more efficient and do it.

Every doctor I have ever seen, when asked, has explained everything they are and may have to do. Many people don't ask and bitch about it as unnecessary after.

Are there Doctors that are pricks? I can be certain of it. Are a bunch of people out there (men and women) whiny pussy's?, also certain of it. Do things tend to get blown out of proportion? Everytime.

pinkcup - you just described actual rape and then tried to compare it to regular medical procedures? And you ask what the fucking fuck to me? Just wow, a regular pap smear in your mind is the same as being chased down and ally wrestled to the ground and speculum'd (real word right?). You made the point in spades. Taking something and blow it so far out of proportion no one will ever listen, that was just way over the top.

If a doctor fucks up in any way in his office, be it sewing his watch to someone’s testicles, or telling someone that their anus makes his boner smile its malpractice. Not testicular assault, not rectal harassment and not rape.....malpractice, and the response should be to have him punished accordingly to the offence.

If he gets ya in the alley, definitely rape.(though I bet they charge sexual assualt not rape) My main issue isn't that some doctors are assholes, it's with the fact that people will belittle an issue by creating dumb terms and sensationalizing it thereby fucking anyone with a real claim right up the ass as the attention seekers want in on the payout.

wiki definition - (In law, malpractice is a type of negligence in, which the professional under a duty to act, fails to follow generally accepted professional standards, and that breach of duty is the proximate cause of injury to a plaintiff who suffers harm. It is committed by a professional or her/his subordinates or agents on behalf of a client or patient that causes damages to the client or patient.)

added - I think nettdata is about right here, it's the terms that are annoying.

16. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Let's just all agree to the following:

-- rape is bad. VERY bad.
    -- rape happens.
    -- Supernice guys don't rape.
    -- other people can. doctors or not.

I really don't see this going anywhere constructive, so hate on me all you like, but I'm aborting this thread.

Oh wait... maybe nonconsensual abortion is the next thread topic?

God I hope not. Not that I believe in God. But that's for next week.

17. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

If it is I'm quitting.

18. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Seems we have some professionals that have some real live insight into some of this stuff.

Against my better judgment, I'm reopening this for a bit for their posts.

19. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

And where's Savage Henry when you need him, eh?

20. zyron

zyron
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yeah, he is Supernice.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.