Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Biggest Lightsaber Battle

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Maltob14, Feb 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Maltob14

Maltob14
    Expand Collapse
    Space Cadet

This is not the word you are looking for.

2. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

I'm surprised all the hot single women didn't flock to this gathering, what with all the available studs featured here.

Wow. Only Fox would consider watching five hundred dorks gather together to hit each with children's toys "news." I would love to go down there, fill a tube sock with wood screws and start cleaning house.

So, what are the rules to this Virginpalooza? If you get hit you're "dead"? Do you limp if they tag you in the leg? If you "die", you go home and masturbate to Manga whilst crying?

To answer Chater, "RETARDED."

3. Rumble

Rumble
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I bet Guiness is going to have to double their staff to stay on top of this one event, I wonder how many different records it broke.

Largest gathering of the "never touched a boobie" club

Largest gathering of the "I'm obese, 34 and still live with my parents" club

Largest gathering of the "my girlfriend lives out of province/state and is a model but you wouldn't know her" club

Simply amazing.

4. Natty

Natty
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Add a laser light show, some drum n bass beats, a couple of rolls and a disco ball and you have winner. A special Olympics gold medal winner.

5. Elset

Elset
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I don't know about you guys, but I think this is pretty freakin awesome. A couple weeks ago I got in a lightsaber battle with my brother, niece and nephew. As sweet as that was, it doesn't come close to this epic battle.

6. Beefy Phil

Beefy Phil
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I love flash mobs. The potential for mindfucking is enormous. I've always wanted to organize one where a 100+ people gather in the lobby of a really nice hotel, and then simultaneously piss themselves in complete silence while staring at everyone who walks by. There would a really distinct sound, I think. Like water from a faucet hitting a piece of canvas. Except it's piss. And pants.

This one's lame, though. Mine is better.

7. Subito

Subito
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Sounds like a lot of people are pretty bitter about not being invited to the cool party.

Also: <a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwMj3PJDxuo" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwMj3PJDxuo</a>

8. no use for a name

no use for a name
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Yea, this event was like totally, totally gay and stuff. A group of people gather to do something funny and film it in a public place, therefore they're all virgin losers.

Except not. It's really not any different than all the pillow fight flash mobs that take place all over the world. I've never even seen all of the Star Wars movies, and that shit looked pretty fun, or at least very interesting, to me. They didn't all appear to be Star War nerds either, just people looking to do something random and fun.

9. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Boy, thank goodness they weren't REAL lightsabers.

10. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

Man, that was the cool party. I mean come on, lightsabers! Pfffffffffffffffffffft. I bet you can't even do this too. Whatever.
    [​IMG]

11. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

EASILY the best, funniest flash mob I've ever seen:

#11 Crown Royal, Feb 25, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015
  12. shabamon

shabamon
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I watched the Lightsaber battle royale and immediately thought it was straight out of Improv Everywhere.

http://www.improveverwhere.com

They do stuff like this all the time. My favorites are when they threw an impromptu wedding reception for strangers following a courthouse marriage, hundreds of people walking invisible dogs around Manhattan, and a group of gingers protesting outside of a Wendy's.

I vote AWESOME.

13. Primer

Primer
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

"Once a year, hundreds of nerds converge upon centers across the globe to initiate their mating rituals. Some of which use their natural body odor, greasy, long hair and gigantic lard asses to call and mate with unsuspecting females."

14. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

I think it was Triumph The Insult Comic Dog who at the Star Wars opener wedding quoted it best:

15. scotchcrotch

scotchcrotch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It's cheap humor at best.

All of these organized shitfests are neither clever nor require any level of skill.

It reminds me of these kids in college that started their own version of Jackass. But instead of coming up with funny, original skits, they just ran around in costumes sword fighting while videotaping it.

I don't have anything interesting to do or say, but look at me!

16. c_norris

c_norris
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

In this thread: TiB laughs at nerds.

17. Beefy Phil

Beefy Phil
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Quietz0r, n00b, 0r I will hax0r y0ur basez0r bel0ng t0 newfag /b/tardz. Y0u can'tz0r haz exp0zing 0ur hyp0criseez.

Z0r.

18. Disgustipated

Disgustipated
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Busting out a costume, pretending to use Jedi powers on the others or pre-planned fight routines? Sad, and retarded.

But being serious in that crowd and laying some serious smack on someone with a plastic lightsaber? The five year old in me would find that to be all kinds of awesome.

It's all about the attitude.

19. Currer Bell

Currer Bell
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I've spent too much of my adulthood thinking I needed to be a serious adult. Kudos to those who get it early on.

20. BL1Y

BL1Y
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I don't think it's awesome, but I think calling a bunch of people playing and having fun and not really hurting anyone retarded is retarded.

Oh no! The nerds are enjoying themselves! Judge them! Quickly now, judge them all!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.