Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Big Bang Theory

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Nettdata, Oct 21, 2009.

1. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Anyone else enjoy a rousing game of Rock Paper Scissors Lizard Spock?

I have to admit that the inner geek in me makes this one of my favourite shows of all time.

And I'm OK with that.

#1 Nettdata, Oct 21, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015
  2. iczorro

iczorro
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Our TV at work gets two channels. Fox News and CBS. Even as a conservative, I can't listen to the retarded shit consistently spewed on option A. The problem is, option B is filled with crap sitcoms and redundant procedurals. 3 CSIs. 2 NCISs. And multiple other shows that are the same damn thing, simply swapping out the actors.

There are two saving graces for that woeful network. How I Met Your Mother, and Big Bang Theory. I've only seen a couple episodes of this show, but they're enough to make me want to rent what I've missed, and DVR the new.

3. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It's a subtle thing but I like the way Sheldon getting laid regularly is increasing his self confidence and makes him less neurotic. Nothing is healthier for the ego then sexual success.

4. zyron

zyron
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I think this show is hilarious and Leonard is the one getting laid, I don't think Sheldon cares.

The last episode were Sheldon has a grudge with Will Wheaton from Star Trek was pretty funny. WHHHHHHEEEEAAATTTTONNNNNN.

5. Puffman

Puffman
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

A favorite show of mine.

Last seasons Christmas episode may have been as funny sitcom episode as I ever remember. I especially like how the comedy is not because of written zingers or jokes, but rather on how the characters relate to each other.

6. gtg2k

gtg2k
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

This week's episode, where Walowitz and his date had nothing in common until they brought up their shared feelings of matricide, was pure comedy gold. Big Bang and How I Met Your Mother make my Monday's. It's just too bad that I have an hour of avoiding that Jenna Elfman abortion and "TV's Number One Comedy for Retards" to skip.

I also enjoy the fact that Sheldon has undiagnosed Aspberger's syndrome, and this allows for comedy gold.

7. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Shit, didn't realize I totally mixed up the names on that one. I mean Leonard. Will Wheaton is a devious bastard.

8. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

It's OK dude... I understand shit like that can happen when your Nanna dies.

9. bean

bean
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

About 10 minutes into the first episode of the new season I realized two things:
    1) The characters will always be static -- to a point.
    2) It is no longer funny.

Leonard "the gay guy" is getting the most action? Really?

10. lust4life

lust4life
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Jim Parsons not getting the Emmy was a travesty.

11. iczorro

iczorro
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I don't know if Parsons not winning was a travesty, but Cryer winning certainly was.

12. Creelmania

Creelmania
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

If you've been watching the show this season, you'd realize that there has been some character development.

The most obvious being Leonard with a girlfriend, but Sheldon has grown as well. He seems to be picking up on social norms and acting closer to what is considered appropriate, ie. his starting of conversations when walking up the stairs with Penny (Su'up?!?) and his jokes (Buh-zinguh!).

Raj and Howard and have admittedly stayed somewhat static, though with the new prospect of Howard having a girlfriend I could see him growing as a character as well throughout this season.

13. zyron

zyron
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I believe the Raj character has advanced as well. Doesn't he now talk to women where before he had to be drinking to talk to them.

14. Creelmania

Creelmania
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

He still needs to be drinking to be able to talk to women, but it's simply a placebo effect now. With just one sip of alcohol he's able to talk to women.

Plus there was the episode with the girl who plays Sarah Connor on the Terminator TV show (I think it was her) on the train, and he was talking to her while drinking (what he thought was) beer, but it turned out to be non-alcoholic, and as soon as he realized this, he shut right up.

15. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

This week's episode of TBBT was fucking hilarious.

One of the most enjoyable yet.

Sheldon grabbing Penny's tit.
    Penny's "soup" tattoo.
    Sheldon filling out the hospital indoc forms for Penny.
    "Next menstrual cycle? NEXT QUESTION! I'll put down 'now' "
    The other 3 getting stoned while (forgetting about) observing the meteor showers.
    "If I could speak rabbit, I would be their king. I would be a merciful king... in the beginning"

16. Puffman

Puffman
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I really enjoy how Sheldon and Pennie are starting to accept and tolerate one another.

17. Facepalm

Facepalm
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

Did anybody catch the episode last night with Stan Lee? Fucking hilarious.

Sheldon misses meeting Stan Lee at the comic book store because he was held in contempt for mouthing off at a judge in traffic court. So, to make it up to him, Penny gets Stan Lee's address and takes Sheldon to his house - at which point Stan Lee gets all pissed off and sarcastically says, "Why don't you just come in and watch the Lakers game with me?!

Of course Sheldon walks right in, which winds up getting him a restraining order from Stan Lee. After this comes probably one of my favorite lines of the series so far:

"This is going to look great hanging next to my restraining order from Leonard Nimoy."

I love this show. If "LOST" weren't on, "Big Bang Theory" would be my favorite show on TV.

18. Puffman

Puffman
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I agree with the restraining order line. It was one of the best I have heard in a long time. I also really enjoyed Stan Lee showing up at the door wearing fantastic four pajamas.