Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Better Off Ted

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Dmix3, Dec 8, 2009.

1. Dmix3

Dmix3
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Starts back tonight after the all new Scrubs U. It's fucking hilarious, Portia De Rossi plays the perfect soulless female exec drone and Ted is the perfect counter to that, everyone should give it a look see.

2. iczorro

iczorro
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Haven't seen it yet. One of my favorite shows, for the reason you just specified. Be back soon.

ALSO. CHUCK starts again soon. Just an FYI.

3. Tim

Tim
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I decided to go back and watch the first season after catching the first episode of the new season. It's worth it. I love the dry ridiculous humor of it, especially the mock commercials for Veridian Dynamics. Linda is hot and crazy (or hot because she's crazy) and I'm so impressed with how good Portia DeRossi is. This role isn't a 180 degree turn from Lindsay Bluth but it's different enough that she makes a clear distinction between the roles.

It looks as if ABC is not sure what to do with it, so check it out before it gets canceled.

4. Dmix3

Dmix3
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Outtakes from tonight's episode that will most certainly be bleeped due to it's outrageously offensive content. Watch it tonight...

#4 Dmix3, Jan 12, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015
  5. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

This is now one of my favourite shows.

Thanks for the heads up on this...

6. jets22

jets22
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I find it almost criminal that I'm hearing about this show just now. In the past 3 days, I've managed to watch the entire series up to this point. Just based on that clip alone, I've gotten four other people hooked on the show. Unfortunately it seems like ABC has no idea what a good thing they have going or have no idea how to market it, and by the looks of it, the show isn't making it to a third season. Either way, they've got a new fan for as long as it lasts. Thanks for the recommendation.

7. Guy Fawkes

Guy Fawkes
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

This show is severely underrated. Its funny enough that I'll watch the episodes twice. Also they've done a few great R Rated "outtake" type web videos. Parks and Rec, Community and a few other shows are starting to get smart and release funny R rated web videos that aren't really outtakes but more of just promo videos that are funny as fuck.

I hope ABC pulls it's head out of it's ass and re-ups this show for another season. Also ABC should smarten up and put Ted after Modern Family so I only have to tune into the damn channel once a week.

8. Dmix3

Dmix3
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

That's precisely the point of this FB group, and it makes sense, since there's a 4th show void on Wednesday night, they're trying to drum up support by sending keychains to ABC ala the Nuts/Jericho route.

Join here

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000716222896#/group.php?gid=242724311050

9. fourtytwo

fourtytwo
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

The ratings just aren't close enough ABC to consider renewing Better Off Ted. And I'm not sure that ABC will fall for the Jericho stunt, considering how the last one blew up in CBS's face.

10. Tim

Tim
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I have no idea what is going on but the network has had the grace to show two new episodes of Better Off Ted in the last couple weeks. Hopefully this means that they'll finish out the episodes they have filmed. You can find them on eztv.it and probably other places you torrent TV shows. Lord help us if the network actually has the sense to keep this show going.

I never thought I'd have a crush on someone (real or otherwise) named Linda.

11. Uno

Uno
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

That was them finishing out the episodes, but the shows been cancelled and the cast has moved on.