Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Better Call Saul

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Now Slappy, Feb 7, 2015.

1. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Mike is such a cool, disciplined and most importantly fun character. He always has some sort of wildly cool Macguyver-style trick to solve a problem. I think he secretly respected Jimmy/Saul a lot for putting the bribe money back.

Which begs the question when we will see the end of Jimmy the criminal lawyer and the beginning of Saul the lawyer-criminal. How or what makes you change names yet stay in the same city? I'm sure Gilligan has plenty of goodies up his sleeve until then.

This and Sillicon Valley are my favourite new shows of the past 12 months.

2. Improper

Improper
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Great episode last night. The range of things between Chuck and Jimmy is so vast, it actually feels fucked up enough to be a real family.

3. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Leave it to two seasoned comedians to deliver one of the year's best dramatic scenes. What a heartbreaking and at the same time, awesome episode. The side story with Mike doing a quick first job with some nervous, nebbish guy who's familiarity is a wink and a nod to the first season of Breaking Bad was great.

Im glad they made Howard a little more dimensional than just the season 1 dick head. This might be Michael McKeans best work since Spinal Tap.

#43 Juice, Mar 31, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2015
  4. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

I almost wish they made TWO shows. This one, and "Better Call Mike". He owns every second he's on screen.

Jesus, Chuck's sandbagging of Jimmy-Saul was insane, cruel and unnecessary (in life, not the show). That scene was blood-curdling and amazing. After all his help, all his assistance he resented him for silly past bullshit. Black hearted.

I wonder if that final moment was "it". The moment that creates the character of Saul, how can he forgive Chuck for that?

5. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

There was a Nerdist podcast with him not too long ago (I just listened to it over the weekend, not sure when it was actually released), and it was damn interesting. Worth a listen.

6. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Yeah, it definitely was a major turning point for the series.

I half expected Gus to show up in that drug deal exchange... or someone else from the BB history.

I find that in those situations where there's a bit of a suspenseful reveal my brain starts feverishly trying to figure out some sort of scenario that involves newly introduced characters from Break Bad.

That initial Tuco reveal has fucked with my head.

7. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Giancarlo Esposito said in an interview he "Most definetly wants to reprise his role of Gus" in this series.

So, there's that. However, Gilligan seems like a patient and of course smart enough showrunner that he isn't just going to rush into throwing bones to fans of BB by bringing back characters left and right.

I like what this show is about: a man who busts his ass in a shitty job using his limited resources to make ends meet. And a little of that goes a LONG way thanks to the magnetic execution and performances.

#47 Crown Royal, Apr 1, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2015
  8. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Holy shit... how did I miss the fact that it was Nacho?

9. silway

silway
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The season finale was underwhelming. I've been enjoying the show, and I can appreciate an understated moment or episode, but for a finale it was pretty meh.

10. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

It was one episode too many, if they ended the season after last week it would have been perfect. But I like how he had his future handed to him on a silver platter (with help from Howard no less), and he turned it down. He doesn't want to be in Chucks orbit, he doesn't want to answer to someone. The montage of his scams with Marco was a neat dose of neo-noir, which has always been a stylistic choice of Vince GIlligan. This season was almost like a prequel to the prequel but I really enjoyed it, and in some aspects more than Breaking Bad. Jimmy is way more of a relatable character than Walter White. As amazing as of a character as WW is, he was so monstrous in some ways he was almost inhuman, I guess thats the result of writing a psychopath.

11. E. Tuffmen

E. Tuffmen
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yo, leave Heisenberg alone. He cooks that rockin' crystal blue. Bitch!

12. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

How can it be the end of the season already? HOW?

What the fuck is wrong with having a proper 20-24 episode season, like they were meant to be. Fuckers.

At least they've already picked up a 13 episode 2nd season... but it won't be until 2016.

I'll say it again... FUCKERS.