Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Better Call Saul

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Now Slappy, Feb 7, 2015.

1. silway

silway
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Brother.

And Rhea's listed as a series regular so you're in luck.

2. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

I don't know how you guys are seeing this, but tonight I saw episode 2 and 3 back to back, both awesome. This show is magnetic, albeit not as nasty or suspenseful as Breaking Bad this is as worthy of a tie-in as a show gets. Odenkirk already has a lock on an Emmy nomination and McKean is being used to perfection.

I'm thrilled that Mike is a regular too, but I Jones to see him quit the toll booth and start doing some REAL work. Some Mike-work, the work we all love him for. Which brings me to me next question: with Mike on the show, how long before Gus shows up? Will it take episodes or seasons? Some fried chicken and dead bodies will go nice with this show.

3. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

I bet we wont see Gus this season, maybe not even next season. Vince Gilligan is smarter than to make the mistake that shows like Gotham are making, that is to try and wrap a story around referencing the source material instead of vice versa. And I like the fact that its not as nasty or suspenseful as BB, it shouldn't be. Saul Goodman isn't Walter White. While he treads the line of morality until he inevitably crosses it, hes not a repressed psychopath.

4. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

If we do see Gus, I'm betting it's only in passing, as part of the background, in the kind of a scene you'll miss if you weren't looking. And even then probably in the last episode of the season.

5. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

His business already exists. He's out there....somewhere.

6. E. Tuffmen

E. Tuffmen
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

With Mike having such a semi-prominent role so far, I wouldn't be surprised if Gus popped up at least briefly in one of the episodes at the end of the season. Didn't Saul put Walter onto Gus? Now that he knows Mike is former police and helped him figure out the answer to his problem, I wouldn't be surprised if their relationship continues with Saul trying to utilize him more in some way.

7. Whatthe...

Whatthe...
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

My guess is he'll start to use him as a sounding board to bounce idea's off of for his defences and how the police will run investigations against his clients.

8. Flat_Rate

Flat_Rate
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I figure he hires Mike as a PI and we get a few episodes of Mike doing Mike shit and then somehow next season Mike gets introduced to Gus.

9. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

That was probably the best episode so far. The only thing that got me was the people holding up their phones to take a video of him rescuing the worker. Isnt it supposed to be 2002? How prevalent and sophisticated was video capture on phones then? Its a minor detail, but it bugged me.

10. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Camera_phone

I'm betting they were taking pictures, not video.

11. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

I loved the opening con of the episode, the guy rising up behind him only to give a high-five. Awesome. I kept laughing at the scene where he's talking with judge dressed exactly like the blonde douchebag. Very funny and clever episode.

S'all good, man.

12. Veovis

Veovis
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I was skeptical of a spin off, but I think Odenkirk it doing a great start and they are building towards what he will be (like they did with walter) in a good way which has to be harder as we didn't really know the end game of Breaking bad overall but know a lot of "saul" or at least what we the viewers thought we knew.

I am interested to see where it goes.

13. iczorro

iczorro
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

14. E. Tuffmen

E. Tuffmen
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I absolutely love the Henry Gondorff reference. Had I caught that at the time I would have laughed my balls off at it's brilliance. I couldn't tell what book it was that he was overdue on, I'm assuming it's Walt Whitman's Leaves of Grass.

15. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

I bet after a few seasons theyll do more cuts over to post Breaking Bad. All the fallout from Heisenberg has a lot of stuff to be explored. Sauls story wont really be done with him just working at a Cinnabon forever.

16. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

What an awesome episode. Aside from the pick-pocket thing (that cop would be looking for that pad before they left the hallway) I thought that episode was magnetic. It simply made Mike more awesome, adding new layers to him without changing him as a character.

That trick with the string opening the door was cool. I want to try it.

17. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

It felt a lot more like an episode of Breaking Bad than Better Call Saul, and that's a compliment. Ive seen a few reviews that said its the best episode of both series since Ozymandias.

18. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

You guys are still watching right? I thought that was the best episode yet. Oedenkirk was so good, Mike did more cool sneaky stuff and my GOD I wanted that bitch to get cancer. What a delusional character, your husband is going down in THREE DIMES idiot.

I love how this show has its own deliberate pace, has a more black comedy-mood and isn't just Breaking Bad II.

19. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

That was an awesome episode. This show just keeps getting better and better.

20. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

I think the Mike episode was better, but this one was pretty good. I wonder if that blonde chick is his ex wife? I remember from Breaking Bad he mentioned he was married twice, I wonder if she turns out to be one of them. Mike staking out the Kettlemans was a great scene.