Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Best Romance Films Ever

Discussion in 'Pop Culture Board' started by KIMaster, Feb 13, 2011.

1. TeslaCoil

TeslaCoil
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

Anyone else for Wall-E? Robot love story? I have to say it completely made my heart melt.

2. PewPewPow

PewPewPow
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

You been trolled boy.

3. misnomer

misnomer
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

Anyone seen Adventureland? I thought it was an incredibly honest, beautifully told teenage love story. Loved the part where he drives her home, in awkward silence. And this was before Kristin Stewart had her hotness tainted by the whole Twilight franchise.

The Wackness was also a pretty good teenage love story, although I only saw it once whilst I was super stoned. All the more sweet because the guy is actually not very flattering for film, really bulky and awkward looking, but you end up rooting for him.

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind was fucking deep. "Okay." Perfect

That French short film (although weirdly its credits are dominated by Japanese names) posted courtesy of KIMaster is a real gem. I think it won an Oscar?

I second that Up montage. You don't expect to cry in the first 10 minutes of a film so I was totally blindsided.

4. KIMaster

KIMaster
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Very good movie, but I never really considered it a romance; it's more a coming-of-age film where love is just the most dominant of several subplots.

It's a Japanese short film; aside from the name, there is nothing French about it. Yeah, it won an Oscar.