Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Best C-Note I've spent

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by downndirty, Feb 12, 2010.

1. Fernanthonies

Fernanthonies
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

1200 Thread count Egyptian Cotton Sheets. You will probably spend a fortune if you were to buy a set of these at a department store, but I got a queen size set off of ebay for $50. All of you normal jackoffs still sleeping on your 400 thread count wal-mart sheets have no idea what you are missing. Do yourself a favor.

I also once spent $100 on two pillows. Seems a bit much, I know, but they are amazing. Its like laying my head on a soft little bundle of Joy, Rainbows and Unicorn Farts every night.

I'm pretty serious about what I sleep on.

2. VanillaGorilla

VanillaGorilla
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I bought enough custom-made rods from a rod builder that I was finally charged about $100 a copy. He knew my style and knew what I liked.

I could walk in and say "I'm looking for a 7'6" ultralight. I plan on putting 4 lb. mono on it. Here's the reel I intend on using."

When I'd pick the rod up a week later, the action would be exactly what I envisioned in my head. Every now and then, though, he'd stop me and ask if whatever concoction I came up with was really what I wanted. I'd confirm that it was what I wanted, and almost every time the rod would be a little off. Had I listened to him from the beginning, I would have that problem. Plus, it's pretty neat to fish with custom tackle, made specifically for me.

3. Samr

Samr
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Mushy shit: The first-date dinner with my now-fiance wound up to be about $100. Of course she's cost me a lot more since, but that's technically the most mileage I ever got out of $100 bucks.

Good shit: Wireless usb (Cricket) for the fiance and I is $80 a month, and while it's not incredibly fast, it works absolutely perfect for our purposes (she's a student, I do a lot of work from home, out of my car, and all around the city).

Also, as far as sheer usefullness, the fucking doggie door is a life-saver. I absolutely HATE cleaning up dog shit, and I'm inconsistently home so I couldn't always let her out. That thing was about $60 and damn does it make life easier.

4. JGold

JGold
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Monthly membership to a rock climbing gym. It runs me $65/month.

I used to pay $40/month for a normal gym membership. I went 3-4 times a week and I still think that's a great deal. But I didn't enjoy going; it was just something I did to pass the time and to feel good about myself. There were more days than I can count where going to the gym felt like a chore.

Not so with the climbing gym. I LOVE going. I go 4-5 times a week and would go more if I didn't have other responsibilities. I enjoy it so much I lose track of time. I spent three hours in there today without even realizing it. It's the most fun physical activity I've ever done. I don't go to lose weight or build muscle, I go because it's a fucking blast. That my gut is shrinking and my muscles are more toned than ever are just pluses.

5. Dcc001

Dcc001
    Expand Collapse
    New Bitch On Top

For a $25 SPCA donation* apiece, I walked away with these two:

[​IMG]

The impact they've had on my life has been immeasurable. If it weren't for them, I probably wouldn't have had to look for a job as aggressively as I did. Upon moving provinces, I was forced to buy rather than rent since no one in this city is willing to lease a home with a yard to someone with dogs.

Due to their presence in my life, I am now living in a new city and can call myself a homeowner before the age of 30. Not bad for two mutts from the Humane Society.

*Excluding vet bills and food/maintenance costs, obviously.

6. JoeFresh

JoeFresh
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

[​IMG]

nuff said

7. PIMPTRESS

PIMPTRESS
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Victorias Secret bras. They are the only kind I buy and they do marvelous things with a rack. Try to go cheaper and those D's look awkward under shirts. Not the VS ones, they look luscious no matter what.

8. katokoch

katokoch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

[​IMG]

I bought an unfinished riflestock for my .22 as a way to pass time when I was wrestling in high school and had zero social life in the winter months. What started as a single project led to me getting interested in target shooting and simply how to make rifles more accurate.

Fast forward four years and I've got a small business making custom riflestocks that keeps me busy outside of classes and almost every weekend this summer has a match I will try to shoot in (I shoot rimfire benchrest and will try to pick up NRA smallbore prone and silhouette soon). I own several more target rifles and never stop thinking about how to make them shoot even better. Had I not bought that stick of wood, I would not be the same person now.

9. LessTalk MoreStab

LessTalk MoreStab
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I didnt realise they made frames that big...

10. jets22

jets22
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

So you're saying that they're covered in sweat from some 60 year old dude from Boston?

11. thevoice

thevoice
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Easily the best $100 I ever spent was on July 1, 2006. I dropped $50 down on my ticket to FoxFest which featured Billy Talent, Thornley, Theory of A Deadman (before they went all emo and gay), Mariana's Trench (same thing) and Veer Union.

It was a gorgeous sunny day, and the concert was held outdoors at the Plaza of Nations. It was the best concert atmosphere I've ever been a part of. World Cup 06 was taking place at the time, so downtown Vancouver was full of life with all of the French and Brazilian Soccer fans taking to the streets after the big game.

I remember all of the sights (lots of tit-flashing), the smells (Mary-Jane!) and the tastes (Cold beer, and Mary-Jane) like it was yesterday.

12. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

You do realize I can ban you right? Besides, I don't wear any.

And just so I'm adding to the actual FOCUS you tards, my hair straightner. 65 bucks of awesome that I can't live without.

13. Maltob14

Maltob14
    Expand Collapse
    Space Cadet

[​IMG]

Out of all of the bottles I own, this is the best in my opinion. Suits any occasion.

14. Durej

Durej
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Under $100 how about under $20
    [​IMG]

Cause sometimes it isn't worth the risk:
    [​IMG]

Now if the chick was Miranda Kerr who gives a shit just seal the deal.

15. tntnikki

tntnikki
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

It might mark me as an OCD geek, but a $25 lifetime membership to Library Thing has proven useful.

16. Danger Boy

Danger Boy
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

In a flyover state hoping your plane crashes
    Jesus Fuck-All Christ, I hope you're joking.

Focus:
    [​IMG]

Found it on ebay for just under $100, and is the handiest thing in the world when you're in unfamiliar territory.