Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Been there, done that, bought the tee-shirt

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by lust4life, May 30, 2011.

1. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I rock T shirts all the time. The softer and lighter the better. I sweat enough as it is and so the lighter the fabric the less I sweat. I use them as an extra layer that helps block some of the sweat from showing up as gross sweat stains on my nice button up shirts. It can be hard to find decent shirts that are light and soft enough. For dress shirts Banana Republics undershirt t-shirts are the best, they also have the best fabric in their printed T-shirts.

The best Tshirt I ever had was a concert T for Static-X, my first concert. I wore the thing to death since it was so light and airy. It eventually started coming apart and I cut off the sleeves and gave it a second life as a work out shirt (I mean if you're going to work out you might as well show off the guns in a rocking cut off amiright?).

2. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

The TiB Mod Crew have our own uniform.

Attached Files:

3. StayFrosty

StayFrosty
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I have about a dozen plain white t-shirts that are required as an undershirt for work. Some of them haven't exactly kept their original appearance, but the ones that are still in good shape I'll wear on a day off. I have a single band T-Shirt (TGA), and a few solid color t-shirts. My family buys me a few American Eagle/Aeropostale t-shirts every Christmas, and they're pretty good at selecting the better of the bunch (that is, the ones that aren't completely garish and don't make me look like I'm getting paid to wear a billboard on my torso).

All in all, most of my shorts are tees, mainly because that's the most comfortable option when it isn't freezing outside, and also because I wouldn't be caught dead in any of the polos I bought when I was in high school.

I also have a terribly perverse shirt that looks something like this:

[​IMG]

4. sartirious

sartirious
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Most of my t-shirts have been relegated to being used as rags for waxing the car, since I'm not able to wear them for work anymore.

One of my current favorites is recent, and the result of me finally breaking my Woot! cherry: Death Served Til Noon. The other is a throwback to the earlier days of the TMMB; it's just a plain white tee that says, "Will Trade This Shirt For Sex" on the front. So far I've been able to always to turn it into a two-fer and get it back before morning, but I know that winning streak won't last forever.

5. Frank

Frank
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Whatever dude, everyone knows dragon shirts are better.

[​IMG]

I've only worn this to work once, but I will rock it at parties like no tomorrow.

In general I pretty much only wear T-shirts, no polo shirt or dress shirt unless I have to. Most of them are freebies my parents or other relatives gave me or that I've acquired at various events.

6. MoreCowbell

MoreCowbell
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The problem with these shirts is that they are often just an excuse for people to feel smug. "Hey everyone, aren't I clever? Funny, shirt, right? You do get it, don't you? WHY WON'T ANYONE SAY HOW FUNNY MY SHIRT IS?! ACKNOWLEDGE ME!!"

That said...I may own a shirt with this design, and sometimes wish that people publicly told me how funny it is. But this is because I'm an annoying asshole.

I dress in t-shirts often enough that I have mental categories of "nice/moderately-fashionable t shirts" and "not nice/fashionable t shirts." Despite the fact that either way, I'm wearing a t shirt. I'm aware that I'm largely fooling myself. But a plain black t shirt can be one of the most versatile items of clothing in a wardrobe.

I personally like t-shirts because I really don't like polo/golf shirts much. To me they scream "I drive a minivan, work in a cubicle, and laugh at my own dad-jokes." I would like to t least fool myself into believing that I'm not that person for a few more years.

Someone pointed out this company to me yesterday. It's kind of like TOMS shoes, but for t-shirts and books. The t-shirts are all literary themed, and for every one that you buy, they donate a book to African schools. I don't own any yet, but only because I haven't yet determined which one is most likely to trick women into thinking that I'm smart, stylish, and sensitive.

7. lyle

lyle
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I'm a massive fan of hhtp://threadless.com, I've bought around 30 tees from them in the past 18 months alone, but all at the bargain price of $10 a tee. It's a great little community full of user submitted designs which for the most part don't suck.

I like them because there are literally hundreds of awesome designs to choose from, the quality is amazing for the price and there is little chance of seeing some douchefuck wearing my favourite tee (is it only me who gets wound up by seeing this?).

Some of My favourites are:
    When Pandas attack
    [​IMG]44

Let go
    [​IMG]

space needs color
    [​IMG]

Some of their designs are a bit hipster, but as long as you stay away from anything attempting irony they're usually ok.

8. Arctic_Scrap

Arctic_Scrap
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

About all I wear are T-Shirts. Some are long sleeve. About half are plain shirts with a pocket. The other half are shirts with print on them. I found a place on the internet that sells shirts from random bars around the US so I have probably 7-8 of them so far. Other than that I have some music group shirts and some ones with stupid slogans on them. My favorite shirt? It's green with a bear on it that has antlers. Under it, it says BEER. Awesome I say.

9. Durbanite

Durbanite
    Expand Collapse
    Eeyore

Weymouth, U.K. (formerly Durban, South Africa)
    Focus: Where does the tee-shirt fall in your current wardrobe? 99%? Just on weekends? Gym wear only?

I'd say probably 7 days out of 7 in summer here. It gets extremely fucking hot, and wearing even a polo shirt makes me feel ill in that heat. I look terrible in a vest/sleeveless shirt, so t-shirts are my only alternative. In winter, I'd say 3 days out of 7.

Focus II: Do you tend to only wear tee-shirts of a particular genre (e.g., Harley-Davidson, your alma mater, military, etc.)

Nope. I have a lot of plain t-shirts, mostly from Woolworths, because they're like $5 each and pretty hard-wearing, and are 100% cotton. However, I do like Jeep's t-shirts - the slogans suck, but the material is very hard-wearing (better than Woolworths') and thick, so it's suitable as a winter t-shirt. Downside is they're much more expensive. Fox also have some cool designs, but their fabric is mostly shit and thin. I used to have a lot of Island Style stuff - my mom used to be able to get it at discount, but not anymore. I still have a few Nike t-shirts around, too - like Jeep, but not quite as hard-wearing.

If my college sold a t-shirt, I wouldn't buy it.

Focus III: Describe your favorite tee-shirt.

I don't have one particular favourite, since I rotate wearing my t-shirts pretty evenly, except in summer - that's when it's the plain Woolworths t-shirts, most of the time.

10. scootah

scootah
    Expand Collapse
    New mod

I work in IT. Unless I have an interview, I'm probably wearing a t-shirt.

About 85% of my t-shirts are plain black. I'm a little OCD about it - but an overwhelming majority of the time, I'm just wearing a plain black t-shirt.

I have a few shirts I wear to fetish events that have a friend's business logo or something fetish related on them. I've had a few shirts with my own 'in' jokes made since a friend started a t-shirt embroidering business - but apart from my friends, nobody gets them so they're usually one offs for a particular party or something. I have a t-shirt with the quote in my Sig on order. Despite the fact that it's not my line - it's a fun thing to wear to fetish events. I have a Penny Arcade 'Black Mantle' hoodie on order. That's pretty much the end of my clothess with recognizable things on them.

The few remaining t-shirts are either gray or green and are usually random shirts I bought when I needed a clean shirt in a hurry and the store didn't have any plain black ones.

11. Omegaham

Omegaham
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

In my off-time, T-shirts are all I wear.

Most of my T-shirts are plain - black, blue, gray. I have a bunch of random ones to even it out - a random Hurley T-shirt that my friend gave me, a North Leominster Trap Championship one, one that has the Bob's Stores logo on it... I just accumulate them.

If you wear Affliction or Tapout, you are retarded. All of the real MMA guys I know wear their gym's T-shirt... which is usually non-assuming, often just the name of the gym. The only people I know who wear Tapout and Affliction are wannabes and posers.

12. Frank

Frank
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Try to tell that to the guys who got their asses beat by the (former) Arizona Combat Sports team guys that were too poor at the time to pay for clothes other than free shit given to them by Tapout and Affliction.

13. Omegaham

Omegaham
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Very well, I stand corrected.

If you paid for Affliction or Tapout...

14. scotchcrotch

scotchcrotch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

What if you shoplift an Affliction or Tapout shirt? Does that make you even more of a badass?

I'm no expert on MMA fashion, but if you really want to look like a person who shouldn't be fucked with-

Attached Files:

15. Frank

Frank
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Bitch, please.

[​IMG]

16. lust4life

lust4life
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

No, just a thief with poor taste.