Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Because.

Discussion in 'All-Star Threads' started by Nettdata, Nov 27, 2009.

1. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Friend of mine just sent me this:

As a 41-year-old guy, all I can say is "no shit".

Double standards exist, like it or not. Some are great, some suck.

FOCUS: What are your favourite or worst double standards, and how do they affect you?

ANTI-FOCUS: What double standards SHOULD there be, and why?

Attached Files:

2. hiphopguru

hiphopguru
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

I'll second that double standard that men interrogate/women concern.

It's cute when a girl looks at my phone and everything in it (our so everyone on in our social circle says)
    But if I look at a girls phone, even just to check the time, people act like i'm trying to break into a bank or something.

3. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

MY STAND-UP COMEDIAN THROERY:

"Women are smarter than men!!".....thunderous applause

"Men are smarter than women!!!"....How dare you. HOW DARE YOU!!!!

...See?

THE "FINE" THEORY
    To men, the word "fine" actually MEANS "fine." "The Redskins actually won. I'm feeling just fine today." When a woman says she's fine, it means:

"I'm really FUCKING PISSED off about something you did, and YOU have to guess WHY. By the way, THere is no right answer. You're dead."

4. Nigel30

Nigel30
    Expand Collapse
    Should still be lurking

I work in a nice restaurant with a back room that holds about 30 people. A few years ago, we had a big bachelorette party with about 20 women.

About half way through their stay, a male stripper joins the group and dances/gives lap dances for the ladies.

Now, this is well before this room had curtains up for privacy, and every lady that walked by commented on how much fun the girls were having and whatnot.

If it had been a bachelor party with a female stripper, it wouldn't have lasted five minutes.

5. Sherwood

Sherwood
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

You leave the toilet seat up, you get yelled at. You cook chicken "wrong" you get yelled at (fuck you, baked chicken cutlets taste like shit, I'm cooking these motherfuckers in a frying pan.) You mess up the rug under the sink, you get yelled at, you drink too much, buy lunch too often, don't work out enough, don't iron your shirts, yelled at yelled at yelled at.

She digs around under my bed and finds crumpled up old ties and i yell at her not to look around under there? It's a federal fucking case because I yelled at her once. Ohhh I can be abused and screamed at but once I lose my temper once I'm the bad bad man who yells at and abuses women.

Fucking ridiculous.

EDIT: AND HERE IS FUCKING SOMETHING ELSE.

That Chase rewards commercial where the guy says they should go on vacation with their points and his wife says they can't because she bought a dress with his rewards? He laughs it off. If she had the suggestion to go on vacation but he'd bought a big screen TV? She'd probably have freaked out and made him return it for not consulting her before making a big purchase with the points earned by spending his fucking money.

6. iczorro

iczorro
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Wikipedia makes using the N word sound like playing chess.

I'm a fan of the double standard at work right now on Adam Lambert. It was absolutely ok for Britney and Christina to kiss (pre-leather-arms) Madonna on TV, but him kissing his keyboard player is not ok. Nobody wants to see that shit.

7. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse
    Alone in the dark, drooling on himself

The fucking desert. I hate the fucking desert.
    By law I can shoot a Tom turkey on my property, but I can't shoot a hen. Isn't that just a bit sexist? Sure Tom's are more aggressive and deserve to die, but I've got 40+ fucking hens roaming my property and scaring the bejesus out of me by flapping the shit out of their wings and making weird turkey noises when I go walking in the woods and they're aggressive little bitches when they have chicks.

8. TPapp

TPapp
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Eh, I leave the toilet seat up and when my g/f complained I told her too bad, you're a big girl you should be able to handle putting a toilet seat down. After a few times she quit complaining.

9. SaintBastard

SaintBastard
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

If a guy likes a girl, he only cares about her looks. If a girl likes a guy, it is because she cares about what's on the inside. (What? His guts?)

This one is largely true on the guy front. You might not look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire. However, you sure as shit do when its sucking you off.

But I'd argue girls are the the same way more than they'd like to admit.

10. ghettoastronaut

ghettoastronaut
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Asian parents are allowed to tell their children from a young age that they must marry another Asian boy/girl. Not just another Asian boy or girl; but one from the specific region of their country, that speaks the same language. An awful lot of Jews insist their children marry another Jew (something like 80-90% of Jews marry other Jews, though not all of it is compulsory). These are considered "cultural things". As in, "No, I don't think that's racist. I think it's just a cultural thing."

When white parents insist upon the same thing, it's racism.

11. Static

Static
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

I'll never forget the day I learned that double standards exist. We were sitting in a circle in class while I was in elementary school and a girl took off her shoes because they were making her feel uncomfortable. I thought "Hey, my shoes are making me feel uncomfortable. We live in an equal society, so it's safe to assume that I can take off my shoes, too". Bad assumption. The teacher yelled at me and told me how "Improper" and "Rude" I was. When I asked why the girl could take off her shoes but not me she just blew me off.

12. Bryan

Bryan
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

Girls are unaware of, are largely shielded from, or are unable to grasp the general crudeness, incisive worldliness, and hyper-competitiveness of guys and the overall cruelness of the world and the coldness of reality. This is exacerbated by a girl's youth and later her attractiveness due to her life experiences and the feedback she receives from society.

Every particular male/female double standard is a derivative of this assertion.

13. Forest Ranger

Forest Ranger
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

That has nothing to do with it. Tom's are not targetted because they are agressive. One tom can mate with 40 hens, so killing one tom only means that a younger tom or jake moves up and takes over his hens. They want the hens alive to hatch the chicks...its just that simple. Hunting economics

14. zyron

zyron
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Almost any commercial that comes out now with a man and a woman. The guy is always portrayed as some drooling retard who can't do anything while the woman is always the one who solves every problem or knows every answer.

Put out a commercial that shows it the other way and it would be protested as sexist.

15. NoMames

NoMames
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

A joke I heard on the double-standard of guys being able to sleep around, but not women.

I just had an argument with a girl I know. She was saying how that it's unfair that if a guy fucks a different girl every week, he's a legend, but if a girl fucks just two guys in a year, she's a slut.
    So in response I told her that if a key opens lots of locks, then it's a master key. But if a lock is opened by lots of keys, then it's a shitty lock.

16. Tyty

Tyty
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

Feminism has become a good example to me. Though I was raised by a feminist who prided herself on having her own job to pay the bills, kept her maiden name, etc. There are many times that I can see the feminists views become less and less about the equaling of the sexes, and rather the idea of putting down the other sex. One of the best examples is a woman named Andrea Dworkin, known for saying things like

“Men know everything - all of them- all the time - no matter how stupid or inexperienced or arrogant or ignorant they are”

This can be seen as social commentary, but things like this are generally accepted as feminism and with a "you go girl" type of response. Anything the other way would be a terrible statement that would lead to a quick loss of a job (like the harvard dean a while back).

This works for me though...

[​IMG]

17. scotchcrotch

scotchcrotch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Female teachers who fuck their students always get off lightly.

Think about this double standard for a second.

Which is worse, male student impregnating female teacher or male teacher impregnating female student? I think the double standard is based on possible consequences.

So technically, this isn't a double standard because the risk varies. And the female teachers are almost always very hot.

18. Dcc001

Dcc001
    Expand Collapse
    New Bitch On Top

I like the double standard that men are supposed to be tough, while it's okay for women to be a bit more submissive (not the right word in this context, but close enough). Basically I like the idea of men being men and women being women. I certainly don't want to be the one to go downstairs in the middle of the night to see what made that noise. I shouldn't be the one changing the tire on the side of the highway if we're together (although I can if I'm alone).

Having said that, I fully accept that after a large dinner you will go and watch TV while us womenfolk clean up. I don't expect you to know the proper way to clean the bathroom, although if you do it's a bonus.

Too often something gets labeled as a "double standard" in this generation when it is, in fact, merely gender roles that have been around forever and worked well throughout history.

19. ghettoastronaut

ghettoastronaut
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

No, this is still a stupid double standard. Which is worse: a male pedophile who rapes a 12 year old boy or rapes a 12 year girl? A female pedophile who rapes a 12 year old boy or a 12 year old girl?

I mean, there are parts of the world where girls are married to disgusting old men at shockingly young ages, and at the same time, stoned to death if they have the misfortune to be raped. Meanwhile, boys of young ages are buggered as if there were nothing remotely strange about it. Now, the ability to become pregnant has something to do with it, but I think other factors play such a large part as to make pregnancy irrelevant.

I think the double standard exists because boys are more likely to want sex than girls (either because of perception or reality), and because of the sheer anatomy of sex: men penetrate women, and not the other way around, reducing the risk of pain or permanent damage to boys. So even if they're having sex with someone who it's wildly inappropriate to have sex with, the concept of being "violated" doesn't apply. Meanwhile, young girls are far less likely to want to have sex with some Polish film director, and anyone with a conscience is utterly revolted by the thought of a young girl's still-developing and chemically relaxed sexual organs being used for personal gratification by that disgusting pervert. Rightly or wrongly, and I would say wrongly, the same considerations generally don't apply to young boys.

20. nickygonzo

nickygonzo
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

Similarly, one time I had an assignment where everyone had to bring a newspaper article to class and talk about it. A girl who went a few turns ahead of me obviously forgot about the assignment, so she grabbed the article of the girl's desk next to her, flipped it over, and read the other side. Shocked that she got away with it, I tried the same move when it was my turn, no fucking way the teacher says. When I called him out on it, and show him that I actually do have my own article, he shrugs his shoulders and brushes me off as if to say, "you got me, but whatever."

The way I figure it though, I still make out on top because I have a dick, can pick up heavy things, and think logically.