Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Battlefield Addicts Thread

Discussion in 'Pop Culture Board' started by Juice, Nov 3, 2011.

1. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

I think theres enough discussion of it to break it off into its own thread.

Played last night with Dmix3 and a few others in the TiB platoon he created. It would be awesome if more came in as well.

One question, what the fuck is the deal with dying from "Bad Luck?"

2. Dmix3

Dmix3
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

For me it's what happens when I crash a helicopter into a mountain/ocean/building.

If anyone wants some free dogtags, go and watch this trailer. Movie itself looks pretty bad ass.

3. Paperbag

Paperbag
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

It's hard to fly the jets and helicopters. I've gotten "bad luck" from suicides. One time I had low health and tried to hide near an an open flame, but was presumably killed by the fire.

Is the platoon mostly playing Rush? I started getting into this game type and am still learning the maps.

4. Thorgouge

Thorgouge
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I guess your the tron special, awesome name by the way. Bad luck happens typically when you jump in a helicopter with the world's worst pilot and they instantly crash which happened like 5 times when I was with you guys last night. Those games were fun though until it started getting a little too laggy for my taste. Add Thorgouge to your psn as I'm on almost 24/7. I'm not addicted, I can quit anytime I want to...

Also, here's a good 3 part tutorial showing how to fight a jet properly. It helped me big time and now I only crash into shit once every five times I'm flying a jet.

5. Dmix3

Dmix3
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Actually Tron is a real life friend of mine, I though the name was awesome too, that's why I suggested it as his PSN. For those that don't know where it comes from.

#5 Dmix3, Nov 3, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015
  6. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Naaa I'm Darklemming, not sure who Tron Special is.

I had bad luck deaths twice. Once when I bailed from a chopper which was upside down, which I get, but another time I died when the MCom station blew up near me.

7. Noahh

Noahh
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

8. awwwSNAP

awwwSNAP
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

My headset is lost so I won't be much for conversation, but I'm awwwsnap on PSN if anyone wants to add me. I got mortars yesterday haven't played with many really competent spotters in solo-queue, but if anyone wants to play rush/conquest I'll drop bombs for you

9. Dmix3

Dmix3
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Just re-posting for the new thread. Oh and to add the TiB tag to your character's name, all you gotta do is log into Battlelog and select Edit Profile, then add TiB in the blank box under soldier settings.

10. Arctic_Scrap

Arctic_Scrap
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'll be getting BF3 for PC once I get my new system up and running.

11. wexton

wexton
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I will be on the PC as well, once i get around to dual booting to win7 just so i can play.

12. Thorgouge

Thorgouge
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I keep getting a massive hard-on when I think about this: BF3 on PC on a map like Caspian Border on conquest or even rush. 1-2 squads all running mortars. A few squads dedicated to land vehicles (driver, gunner(s), engineers to repair), a group running the helicopters/jets and the rest properly set up squads of footmobiles (1-2 assault, 1-2 engineer, 1 support with a squad or two dedicated to recon/sneaky sneaky). Just two fully organized teams of 32 running this against each other with a chain of command chat set up through Ventrilo. It's probably not the best way to go about playing a video game as it's not set for maximum realism, but god damn that would be fun...

Also, anyone else love the cadence audio during the loading screen for some of the maps? Always gets me pumped when it blasts through my Turtle Beach headset. I'll probably be deaf soon from playing the game even at a medium volume setting.

13. SayImbaPlz

SayImbaPlz
    Expand Collapse
    Should still be lurking

Unfortunately what happens is 1/3 of each team goes recon sits in the hills 800 feet in the distance sniping. This does NOT win games and makes me hate Caspian Border.

I believe "bad luck" deaths are caused by the environment killing you. I have played quite a bit and here are a few things that given me these deaths:
    -Being in a truck that explodes
    -Being next to a truck that explodes
    -Being hit by debris
    -Being in and on top of a building as the roof is destroyed.

14. Morblitz

Morblitz
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

I bought a ps3 the other day and battlefield 3 came bundled. How on earth do you play well in this game on a console? I can't get the crosshairs over people fast enough to track them as they run, and I get killed constantly by snap shots from other players. Uuuurgh. On PC I'm normally not too bad with shooters but I feel like my soldier is suffering from a head injury on consoles.

Also, will check out that TiB platoon.

15. wexton

wexton
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Welcome to life on a console. Which is why i always believe FPS should be PC only. PC >>>>>> Console for FPS.

16. p00g0blin

p00g0blin
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Started an Xbox TiB platoon since there wasn't one yet.

Link

Join in, ladies.

17. mobkah20

mobkah20
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

My copy finally came in today. I will be playing all day tomorrow. PSN: mobkah20. Does anyone know why it wouldn't let me log into Battlelog? I redeemed my pass and set up my EA account but I still wasn't able to log in, I just kept being brought back to the main page.

18. SwampDonkey

SwampDonkey
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

My new favorite toy is the EOD-Bot a.k.a. JOHNNY 5. It takes a while to get used to the controls but nobody pays them much attention. In a game today I drove it to a MCOM, armed, and backed into a corner. The enemy disarmed the charge, so I drove right back up and armed it again. Did this five times in a row before my team finally held them back and I got the Destroy points. Repeat for the rest of the map. You have to yell "NO DISASSEMBLE" if you get shot at.

19. Paperbag

Paperbag
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Anyone else find that conquest on Seine Crossing usually results in a blowout win for one side? Guys manage to take all of the flags and then charge the spawn and keep the enemy there. I've been on both sides and am starting to dislike this map.

20. Thorgouge

Thorgouge
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Update: Being able to setup a mortar in your spawn where we can't stop you needs to end. As does respawning directly behind someone as they are taking an objective in Conquest so you can knife them and easily defend the objective. That is all...